Rehab is a necessary step in overcoming any addiction, and some drug and alcohol treatment centers feel so confident in the work they do and the programs they provide, that they offer guaranteed drug rehab services. These types of rehab programs are becoming more common, and many people may wonder what they are exactly. Is rehab guaranteed for all patients or just in certain circumstances? There are many reputable programs that offer guaranteed rehab services, but it’s best to understand what a guarantee in this situation means before entering into a program.
How Do Rehab Guarantees Work?
In most cases, guaranteed drug rehab is not a money-back guarantee. Instead, these facilities will allow you to re-enter or continue with treatment if you have not met your addiction recovery goals, if the promises made by the facility in terms of recovery are not met, or if you relapse. Guaranteed rehab facilities typically have clearly defined parameters regarding their guarantees. The details are either included in a contract signed by the patient, or they are listed on the treatment center’s website or in their program literature.
If you’re concerned that you or someone you know might be battling a drug or alcohol addiction, we can help. Call any time, day or night, to discuss your treatment options.
Is Guaranteed Rehab Possible?
Before enrolling in any drug or alcohol rehab program, know that your odds of success will depend on several factors, and a guarantee alone does not mean you’ll be successful. Because of the significant financial investment these programs require, there are several ways to ensure that you guarantee the best odds of success for yourself, such as:
- Be wary of guaranteed drug rehab centers that make a lot of promises regarding your successful recovery. If the guarantee seems like it is too good to be true, it might very well be.
- Do your homework. Find out about the facility’s policies and procedures, and its treatment record.
- Read the fine print. The secrets to most guarantees are usually in the tiny details. This means reading all the legalese on contracts or the facility’s website, and question specifics that aren’t clear.
- Make an honest effort for success. A guaranteed rehab doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try your hardest to achieve recovery the first time. The guarantee is a backup plan, designed to help people battling addiction feel comfortable about the level of care the facility offers.
Guaranteed addiction treatment should follow the same steps of care as any addiction treatment. These steps usually include:
- Detoxification. Drug rehab begins with removing the substance of addiction from your body. This typically takes at least three to seven days. During this time, symptoms of withdrawal are monitored and treated if necessary.
- Diagnosis. According to WebMD, many addicts also battle psychiatric or emotional issues, such as depression or anxiety. These problems may or may not be linked to the addiction but must be diagnosed and treated in order to ensure successful rehab and recover.
- Cognitive therapy. To achieve successful addiction rehab, you must be able to recognize which situations are more likely to trigger substance abuse. Once you do this, cognitive therapy is utilized to help you to develop a plan or alternative ways to cope with these situations.
- Family and group therapy. Many addiction rehab programs involve family members in order to help repair relationships and form a solid support network. They also use group therapy as a means of shoring up your support network, where the patient discusses experiences and concerns with others battling similar issues.
- Medication. There are some medications which may be prescribed to help improve successful rehab and recovery. These medications reduce withdrawal symptoms or block the effects of the substances to which you are addicted.
- 12-step programs. Many guaranteed drug rehab programs will recommend patients enter into a 12-step program such as Alcoholics Anonymous to help ensure long-term recovery. They may also recommend other forms of group therapy for at least one year after treatment.
Seeking help is the first step toward recovery. Call today to learn about your options for detox, rehab and recovery treatment today.
Did You Know?
While rehab experts maintain that rehab treatment programs can be highly effective, relapse can occur. This does not mean that treatment hasn’t worked, but that you need to return to treatment to work on the behavioral skills needed to ensure long-term recovery. Studies now show a connection between treatment success and the length and intensity of treatment. This usually means a minimum of three weeks of treatment that lasts several hours each day, followed by a 12-step program or other group therapy for at least one year.
Finding a Successful Rehab Program
It is possible to find a reputable guaranteed drug rehab center that offers a reliable guarantee, but it’s important to remember that a guarantee is not the only reason to choose a rehab facility. You can ensure rehab success if you choose a center or program that best meets your needs, with or without the guarantee. If you are looking for guaranteed rehab facilities near you, we can help. Call today to learn about your options. All calls are private and confidential, and we’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.