VERY IMPORTANT - if you, or the person considering this facility, has ASTHMA(?) - DO NOT come here. The HVAC system here is absolutely toxic to anyone who has asthma (other lung issues? I don\'t know). I pulled handful upon handful of disgusting green/black wet mold from the a/c in each room I stayed in / bathroom ventilation vents are COMPLETELY CLOGGED with same mold (six inch ventilation ducts in every bathroom - that I checked - are completely \'closed\' with the same mold/mildew).
a.) after 8 days I could not stay here anymore. #1 reason was the 24/7 asthmatic-inducing condition of the facility. I\'ve used a nebulizer 2 time in more than 25 years of asthma suffering - in Mirmont I needed it for 20 minutes every 8 hours, every day, as well as rescue inhaler every 6 hours - again, every day (i.e. 24 hours).
b,) While the vast majority of the nursing staff is top notch (I\'d give them a 4.5 star rating) the counselors and ESPECIALLY THE \"CA\'s\"? were misusing of their (newfound?) \"authority\", very unprofessional (my roommate knew about me being transferred to a different therapy BEFORE I EVEN KNEW. His counselor (she is as toxic as they come - maybe she was a good counselor at one time but - not anymore ... told him just as I was getting word. This is just one example among many others ...
c.) Having to leave after 8 days due to my asthma symptoms becoming life threatening(\"against medical advice\") I was very unceremoniously shown the door with my bag literally thrown into the lobby as I waited for my ride.
More importantly - I was given NO post-attendance treatment plan
Food is pretty decent given that it is a \"facility\".
I know that a detox / rehab facility is not meant to be a \'vacation\' and will involve a lot of truly hard work, suffering, readjustments, etc. MIRMONT IS NOT A PLACE FOR ANYONE WHO HAS ANY TYPE OF BREATHING DIFFICULTIES - at all. Please ... look elsewhere.