Avinza is a prescription medication used to treat moderate to severe chronic pain, such as arthritis. It contains morphine and is intended to be used once a day. The medication is highly addictive, so Avinza should only be taken as prescribed and always under the direct supervision of your physician. If you or someone you love has questions concerning Avinza addiction or treatment, call us at for more information.
Signs of Avinza Addiction
According to the US National Library of Medicine, morphine and Avinza are some of the most widely abused prescribed medications in the United States. Avinza comes in capsule form and is a Schedule II controlled substance. Warning signs of addiction include, but are not limited to:
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of memory
- Changes in mood
- Red eyes
Choosing an Avinza Addiction Treatment Center
Once you identified an Avinza addiction, you should seek assistance at an addiction treatment center. Avinza is usually only prescribed to patients who are terminally ill, so there is usually little worry of addiction. Other individuals who take the medication over a long period may find they have developed a tolerance to the drug in addition to a psychological dependence. Once this happens, larger doses of the medication are needed to provide the initial effects.
“Once you identified an Avinza addiction, you should seek assistance at an addiction treatment center.”An inpatient addiction treatment program is usually the best choice for those suffering from an addiction. These programs remove the addict from his or her old way of life and place him or her into a 24-hour medically supervised detox program. Some things to consider when choosing a rehab center are:
- How long will you be required to stay in the program? The longer the treatment, the better your chances are for recovery. Try to avoid programs that promote a quick fix.
- How much will the treatment program cost?
- Will they take your insurance, or will you have to come up with payment out of pocket?
- Does the treatment facility offer after-treatment care?
- Is the program fully accredited? Are all staff members certified, or do key individuals hold the necessary certifications?
- Is there a waiting list, or will you be admitted immediately?
- What types of food do they serve in the program? Do they offer special dietary requirements if needed?
- Are you comfortable with the staff members whom you spoke with?
Try to tour several facilities and pick the one you are the most comfortable with. The happier you are with the treatment, the more likely you are to stick with the program.
Detox should be done in a caring, medically supervised detox program. Supplemental medications are sometimes given during the detox period. Avinza withdrawal begins within six to eight hours of the last dose taken. The most severe symptoms usually peak within 48 to 96 hours and last for 10 to 12 days. Inpatient treatment programs can greatly reduce the symptoms of withdrawal.
Once you complete the first stage of the Avinza addiction treatment process, you will move into the stage of rehabilitation and recovery. Rehab includes individual and group therapy, which can help you identify weaknesses and triggers for abuse. Identifying these problems allows you to redirect your cravings for the drug into a positive outlet, such as finding a new hobby or revisiting an old one. You also learn time management skills to help you stay active and healthy. Group sessions allow you to meet with others who are going through similar rehabilitation programs. You can talk to one another and hear stories of success. Group therapy provides active support from other people who understand what you are going through.
Avinza addiction treatment often involves the recommendation of a local support group. Narcotics Anonymous groups are perfect for individuals who are going through Avinza addiction treatment. These groups implement a 12-step approach that walks you through each phase of the recovery process. You also get to meet with other individuals who are trying to get through each day while recovering from a narcotics addiction.
If you or someone you love is looking for an Avinza addiction treatment program, call us at any time, day or night, for more assistance.
- Individuals who have a history of prior drug or alcohol abuse are at a greater risk for problems with Avinza.
- Overdose on Avinza can occur if the capsules are broken and the inside pills are crushed and then taken.
- Alcohol should be avoided while taking Avinza.
- You should not try to beat an Avinza addiction on your own. Support is essential to recovery, and detox is best done under medical supervision.