In Hackensack, New Jersey, drug addiction affects many individuals and families. Getting treatment from a local rehab, then, can help reduce the risks and long-term effects of drug abuse.
In 2016, 13% of Hackensack residents admitted for substance abuse treatment were cocaine users, 32% were alcohol users, 29% abused heroin, and 19% had problematic marijuana use.1 Hackensack also had the most residents enter a rehab facility in 2016 than any other city in Bergen County.1
While all of these substances are known to be addictive and harmful, it is possible to get help and safely stop using them. Rehab programs are designed to help people understand and overcome their addictions. If you’re considering entering a rehab program, you might be wondering whether you want to be close to home or far away. Here are some questions to ask yourself as you make your decision:
- Do I have a family who I need to support?
- If you have children who rely on you, it might be necessary to stay close to home.
- Do I have a family or friends who can support me?
- Having a support system is essential to recovery. If you have a support system where you live, they may be able to help you through your treatment.
- Do I associate drugs and drinking with my current environment?
- If your environment makes you think about drugs and drinking, you may want to move further from it while focusing on your recovery.
- Have I ever been able to stay clean or sober within my current environment?
- If you don’t have any memories in your current environment that don’t involve substances, you might have a harder time overcoming your addiction if you attend a treatment program in the same place.
- What kind of insurance coverage do I have?
- Many insurance plans do cover some rehab costs. Your plan may have restrictions based on the type or location of the program, making this a factor for many people.
- Will my employer support me in taking time off to get treatment?
- Getting treatment far from home might mean taking more time off of work. It’s a good idea to check with your employer when deciding where to get help.
- Do I have a support system in another location who I can lean on?
- If you do have a support system in another location, it could be beneficial to find a treatment program that’s close to them.
Thinking about these things can be scary, but keep in mind that you are capable of change and that treatment can help you get where you want to be. If you are ready to live a safer, healthier life, drug treatment centers offer a brighter future. Browse our list of rehab treatment centers in and around Hackensack to find the help you need.
- Department of Human Services Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services Office of Planning, Research, Evaluation, and Prevention. (2017). New Jersey drug and alcohol abuse treatment substance abuse overview 2016 Bergen County.