Canopy Cove Eating Disorder Treatment Center
13305 Mahan Drive, Tallahassee, Florida, 32309
Canopy Cove's Eating Disorder Treatment Programs are based on The Recovery Model which states that “full recovery from an Eating Disorder is possible”. For more than two decades we've seen full recovery take place even among those who have dealt with their Eating Disorder for years or have been elsewhere for treatment. The Recovery Model facilitates lasting recovery by addressing the core causes of the Eating Disorder. The model identifies the eating disorder as a symptom of deeper, unresolved issues. We work closely with clients to assist in identifying the underlying causes of their eating disorder as well processing the information and resolving the issues. Once a person learns how to effectively deal with these underlying issues and the emotions they produce, the eating pattern and relationship with food stabilizes. Consequently, a person can “recover” from an eating disorder, rather than remaining in the perpetual process of “recovering.” The true heart of The Recovery Model is much more than behavioral change. It facilitates personal growth, encourages new perspectives, identifies and focuses on the strengths of each person, prioritizes the development of life management skills and introduces new coping skills. The ultimate goal is to equip the person to live free from the control of an Eating Disorder. By creating an environment where full recovery is known to be possible, clients are able to experience hope. We provide a safe space for clients to just be who they really are, not who they have come to believe they are.
- Canopy Cove Eating Disorder Treatment Center has 25 years of experience treating eating disorders
- Our treatment philosophy states that full recovery from an Eating Disorder is possible
- Each person we treat receives a customized treatment approach tailored to their specific needs
Creative Arts TherapyWriting, making art or engaging in theater can be deeply therapeutic for people working to recover from addiction. Many facilities offer one or several forms of creative arts therapy as a way to help patients learn to express their feelings in productive ways.
Equine TherapyA form of animal therapy, equine therapy involves visiting, working with and sometimes riding horses as a way to create a metaphoric relationship that leads to life-altering insights.
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Lynda BrogdonPh.D., C.E.D.S., C.E.A.T.Dr. Lynda Brogdon is a licensed psychologist who specializes in the treatment of eating disorders, diabetes management, and health psychology. In addition, she is a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist and a Certified Equine-Assisted Psychotherapist. As a certified diabetes educator, Dr. Brogdon served as a psychological consultant for the Diabetes Center at Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center. She was also instrumental in developing the psychosocial program utilized by both the inpatient and outpatient units at Tallahassee Memorial.
- Ashlee Overstreet, M.S.R.D.Director of ProgramsCanopy Cove has been honored to have Ashlee Overstreet on our staff for the past seven years. Her caring nature and commitment to helping those with eating disorders contribute significantly to Canopy Cove’s mission and to our client's recovery. Her extensive experience and expertise in working with eating disorder patients in multiple treatment modalities and at multiple levels of care paved the path for her role as Program Director of Adult and Adolescent Programs. During her tenure at Canopy Cove, Ms. Overstreet has served in numerous key roles including Dietary Staff Supervisor, where she provided nutritional instruction and dietary guidance to our clients and their families. Today, Ms. Overstreet shares her experience and talent with the Canopy Cove Clients and their familes as they focus on recovery.
- Up to 60%