30101 Agoura Court #103, Agoura Hills, California, 91301
Welcome to Inspire Malibu, the standard of excellence in comprehensive individual care for Addiction and Alcoholism. Addiction is a medical problem, a brain disorder, with behavioral symptoms. We address the medical problem with proven clinical methods, and we take the same “proven effective” approach to the emotional and psychological component. Inspire Malibu offers the addict or alcoholic the same level of comprehensive professional care as someone with any other chronic treatable medical condition. We continuously incorporate breakthrough scientific advances in addiction medicine assuring you the finest patient care.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Relapse Prevention Therapy
Safe Drug And Alcohol DetoxUnlike many other Drug Detox treatment centers in the Los Angeles area, Inspire Malibu offers a safe onsite environment that is closely monitored and carefully supervised under direct supervision by licensed physicians. As such, management of otherwise painful withdrawal symptoms in our drug and alcohol detox center is achieved by using clinically proven medications to provide relief during the sometimes agonizing withdrawal process.
Personality Disorder TreatmentAs an award-winning science based addiction treatment center, Inspire Malibu also excels at diagnosing and treating a wide variety of personality disorders. If a personality disorder is found to exist either singly or in combination with an addiction, our Personality Disorder Treatment Center staff can subsequently provide a combination of therapeutic methods to treat the suffering patient.
Meet the Staff
- Akikur Mohammad, M.D.CEO/ Founder of Inspire MalibuAddiction Medicine Specialist, Board Certified in Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Akikur Mohammad has practiced psychiatry, addiction medicine, and general medicine since 1998 when he opened his private practice. Dr. Mohammad is board-certified in addiction medicine by the American Board of Addiction Medicine and in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. In addition to his role as Inspire Malibu’s CEO, Dr. Mohammad remains voluntary attending at LAC/USC Medical Center where he is active in teaching medical students and residents in addiction medicine and psychiatry. Dr. Mohammad was Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at USC’s Keck School of Medicine until September 2012 when he became voluntary. He was the Associate Director of LAC/USC Medical Center’s Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) department. Dr. Mohammad has been honored many times for his dedication to providing superior care and support to his patients and students. He received the Outstanding Teaching Award from USC in 2003, Outstanding Teaching Award from Residents in 2012 and Outstanding Service Award in 2006 for his work as the Associate Director at LAC/USC Medical Center PES. Patient’s choice award honored him with the Top Psychiatrists of America Award every year since 2005. In 2011, Who’s Who in America named Dr. Mohammad the Top Addiction Professional of the Year.
- Beau ChristiansonD.O.Dr. Warren Christianson works with Inspire Malibu as the Associate Medical Director. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Financing Available