Mountainside Treatment Center
187 South Canaan Road Route 7, Canaan, Connecticut, 06018
Located at the base of the Berkshire Mountains of Connecticut, Mountainside Treatment Center offers comprehensive treatment programs for people suffering from drug and alcohol addiction. Mountainside combines evidence-based methodology with the latest advances in the treatment field to provide an experience unlike any other. Mountainside’s integrative care philosophy ensures that each client follows a program specifically designed to meet his or her individual needs and issues. With a professional and dedicated staff, Mountainside is committed to helping clients achieve lasting, meaningful recovery from addiction.
- Convenient Day and Evening Hours
- Mind Body Spirit Program
- Comfortable Medically Monitored Detoxification
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Meet the Staff
- Randall Dwenger, MDMedical DirectorThroughout his 30-year career, Randall has built extensive knowledge in psychiatric evaluation, medication management, and individual psychotherapy services. His career path has led him to a variety of experiences, from his development and management of a detox center to his psychiatric work with veterans. He has been the Consulting Psychiatrist at Mountainside since 2008 and believes that there is great hope that each person who wants to recover has the ability to do so. At Mountainside, he provides guidance and leadership over the detoxification program, ensuring that safe and efficient services and practices are provided to our clients.
- Sarah Osbourne, LPC, LADC, NCC, MATSDirector, Clinical OperationsSarah holds a dual Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Counselor Education. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor, National Certified Counselor, and Medication Assisted Treatment Specialist. Sarah has extensive experience working with individuals suffering from addiction, including those with co-occurring disorders, personality disorders, and a history of trauma. As the Clinical Director, Sarah oversees all clinical programming in detox, residential and out-patient treatment. In partnership with the Program Development team, she develops and coordinates programming updates to ensure all clients are receiving the highest quality care and treatment interventions. In her spare time, Sarah enjoys gardening, running with her dog, learning about Buddhism, and reading about neuropsychology.
- Financial Assistance Offered