Stepping Stone of San Diego, Inc.
3767 Central Avenue, San Diego, California, 92105
Stepping Stone, a non-profit alcohol and drug recovery organization, primarily serves the LGBT community, focusing on inclusion and acceptance to promote recovery from addiction and co-occurring conditions in a safe and healing environment. Stepping Stone uses evidence-based treatments such as 12-step programs, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Seeking Safety (trauma-informed) Curriculum, and Discovering Sexual Health in Recovery.
- Support Groups
- Recreational Opportunities
- Discovering Sexual Health in Recovery
Residential TreatmentResidential treatment programs provide housing (food and meals) in addition to treatment for substance abuse. Some facilities offer only short-term residential treatment, some offer only long-term treatment and others offer both, ranging from a few days to many months, based on patient needs.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Catherine Aquino, MD, BSChief Executive OfficerCatherine began her work in the drug and alcohol field in 2008 with Stepping Stone of San Diego, Inc. She was a Ryan White case manager and shortly after was promoted to Director of Support and Outpatient Services. Catherine continued her work with Stepping Stone and in 2011, took on the role as the Director of Operations. She was responsible for the oversight of program contractual service deliverables and overall daily operations. Currently, Catherine is the Chief Executive Officer for Stepping Stone. She is responsible for the overall program operation, monitors all contractual service deliverables, acts as the liaison between the County of San Diego Department of Behavioral Health Services - Alcohol and Drug Services and Health and Human Services Agency.
- Chris Mueller, MSW, ASWProgram ManagerChris Mueller was born in Omaha and was raised in Ogallala, Nebraska. He attended Stepping Stone's Outpatient in 1998 and was awarded the Stepping Stone Alumni Recognition Award on June 9, 2000. Chris has volunteered for Mama's Kitchen, New York City and San Diego AIDS Walk, Homeless Outreach in Davis, California, and New York City and mentored students at Sherman Heights Elementary School and The Institute for Collaborative Education in New York City. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at Davis in 2005. After graduating from UC Davis Chris moved to the East Coast and received a Masters of Social Work degree from New York University in 2007.