Does 1199SEIU Fund insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
Dealing with any type of drug or alcohol addiction is a serious situation. If you face this condition, it’s vital to seek rehab treatment promptly. The 1199SEIU Fund provides insurance benefits to approximately 400,000 people and assists with healthcare needs.1(bottom)
You can find 1199SEIU Fund coverage in the following states:2
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington, DC
To find out more information about your policy plan’s coverage, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative.
Check 1199SEIU Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment
1199SEIU Fund insurance coverage will provide substance abuse and mental health services through the behavioral health benefit’s fund, allowing you to take the first step in your recovery journey.3(top)
You can fill out the following form to find out more information about whether your particular policy is in-network for substance abuse treatment coverage. If you want to talk to someone about your 1199SEIU Fund rehab or ask other addiction-related questions, call the helpline at . An admissions navigator will assist you with the insurance verification process.
What Is 1199SEIU Fund?
The 1199SEIU Fund all started in 1945 with coverage for only 300 New York City retail drugstore workers with employer-paid contributions.4 Now, 1199SEIU Fund medical insurance has expanded to cover over 400,000 members and their families.4 The 1199SEIU Fund has six coverage components, which include medical, dental, hospital, prescription, vision, and quality-of-life benefits.4 With a 1199SEIU Fund, members pay almost no out-of-pocket deductibles and co-pays, which differentiates it from other insurances.5(your health)
What Will 1199SEIU Fund Insurance Cover?
You can reach a representative by calling the number on the back of your card, and they will give you more details about your 1199SEIU Fund rehabilitation coverage. No matter what 1199SEIU Fund plan you have, you can count on behavioral health care as a part of your covered treatment plan. Whether your plan covers all or some of the treatment you need depends on your policy. Some of the different rehab programs that may be covered include the following:
Medical detox: Detoxification from a substance can be serious in some cases, with people often having difficult withdrawal symptoms. Medical detox treatment provides medication to assist with the withdrawal and may be administered in a hospital-like facility, inpatient rehab, or outpatient setting. 6(pre-treatment)
Inpatient: An inpatient treatment program involves staying within a rehab facility for an extended period. The facility is staffed by clinical doctors who will monitor your progress full-time. 7(third down)
Partial hospitalization program (PHP): During PHP, you will stay in an inpatient-like rehab but be able to go home at night. It still offers about as much treatment as an inpatient facility.8
Intensive outpatient program (IOP): This program consists of outpatient treatment that is more intense than the standard. You will attend throughout the week for several hours at a time.9
Outpatient treatment program and therapy: Standard outpatient treatment involves therapy that occurs once or twice a week.9
Does 1199SEIU Fund Insurance Cover Inpatient Mental Health Care Facilities?
People who are diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder often have a co-occurring mental health condition as well. 10(How common) Some of the time, a mental health disorder goes undetected, leading to a person using drugs to cope with the issue. 10(why) Consequently, they end up with a co-occurring disorder. 10(why)
Other people use a substance first and become addicted, which, in turn, leads to mental health problems due to the changes in the brain. 10(why) Experts aren’t exactly sure which disorder comes first in every instance with co-occurring disorders. However, you can treat both conditions using your 1199SEIU Fund. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) makes providers accountable for mental health and substance abuse coverage.11
How Long Does 1199SEIU Fund Insurance Cover Rehab?
The length of time you need a rehab treatment program depends on several factors. Every person is different in what they need, and some people may want to transition from one treatment program to another. Your 1199SEIU Fund coverage may vary, too, depending on the type of policy you have. You can verify your insurance now with the rehab facility or talk to your insurance provider. It’s essential to participate in the expert’s minimum recommended stay, which is three months.12
What If My 1199SEIU Fund Policy Does Not Cover Rehab?
If your 1199SEIU Fund insurance payment doesn’t cover everything you need for your rehab stay, you can check into other financial options. Some rehab facilities offer financial aid packages for eligible patients. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) awards state money for substance abuse treatment.13(top) You may be able to receive a scholarship, grant, or other assistance from a rehab facility.
1199SEIU Fund In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Rehab Centers
Choosing from the 1199SEIU Fund mental health provider list will ensure that you pay less in out-of-pocket costs.14 The provider list contains those that are within the network.14 If you want to check for a provider in your area in the 1199SEIU network, visit the site here and conduct a search.
1199SEIU Fund Plans
When you sign up with 1199SEIU insurance, you may be eligible for one of the following plans: 5(select)
- National Benefit Fund: This is for retirees born before July 1, 1959, with 20 years of service. It includes medical, prescription, dental, and vision.
- National Benefit Fund for Rochester Members: This insurance covers medical, prescription, dental, and vision.
- Greater New York Benefit Fund: This fund covers medical, prescription, dental, and vision.
- Greater New York Benefit Fund for New Jersey Members: This fund covers medical, prescription, dental, and vision.
- Home Care Benefit Fund: Members receive coverage for medical, prescription, dental, vision, and wellness programs.
- Licensed Practical Nurses Welfare Fund: Members have medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- 1199 SEIU Funds. (2021).
- 1199 SEIU Funds. (2021). In your state.
- 1199 SEIU Funds. (2021). Behavioral health.
- 1199 SEIU Funds. (2021). History and accomplishments.
- 1199 SEIU Funds. (2021). Your health benefits.
- gov. (2019). Treatment options.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Types of treatment programs.
- Definition of partial hospitalization. The national association of private psychiatric hospitals and the American association for partial hospitalization. (1990). The Psychiatric hospital, 21(2), 89–90.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses drugFacts.
- gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). (2021). SAMHSA announces unprecedented $30 million harm reduction grant funding opportunity to help address the nation’s substance use and overdose epidemic.
- 1199 SEIU Funds. (2021). Avoid out-of-pocket costs by using participating providers.