Aetna California: Rehab & Detox Centers in CA That Take Aetna Insurance
If you are struggling with a substance use disorder in California, you can access your Aetna of California coverage, which provides services for substance abuse issues and mental health.1 With California’s large population of approximately 39 million people, many individuals do have issues with substance misuse.2 A total of 146,499 Californians sought treatment for a drug or alcohol use issue in 2019. The main reasons for treatment admissions in the state from a 2019 survey were as follows:3(pg213)
- 33,342 admissions for alcohol misuse
- 42,921 admissions for opiate misuse
- 4,322 admissions for cocaine use
- 15,128 admissions for marijuana use
- 47,413 admissions for methamphetamine use
With the state’s popularity for tourism (about 65 million visitors a year) and being the 5th largest economy in the world, the flow of drugs can pass through a lot of hands.4
Does Aetna of California Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Aetna of California insurance offers a full spectrum of benefits, including services for substance misuse. Whether you are dealing with alcohol, cocaine, opioids, meth, heroin, or something else, you can seek rehab treatment using your Aetna of California substance abuse treatment coverage. Some of the specific Aetna of California addiction treatment covered includes: 1
- Outpatient services for substance abuse.
- Inpatient services for substance addiction.
- Inpatient detox rehab.
- Mental health disorders.
- Co-occurring disorders.
One quick and easy way to find out about your insurance coverage is to contact the rehab center you plan to attend and have them verify your insurance. The rehab location you choose may be a qualified Aetna of California insurance rehab center, meaning they accept the insurance and are in-network with them. Furthermore, you can call the number on the back of your Aetna of California card.
There are many ways for you to communicate with an admissions navigator, who will guide you through the process of finding covered treatment. These include calls, chats, and an SSVOB form. American Addiction Centers will assist you in finding an in-network facility that provides Aetna of California drug treatment.
What Is Aetna of California?
Aetna began in 1853 as Aetna Life Insurance Company.5 Through the decades that followed, it branched out to what it is today—a nationally-known health insurance company with health plans in 16 states across the country.6 They serve more than 1.8 million members, including children and adults with a range of health issues.6
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna CA Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Aetna of California substance abuse providers offers a range of services for those who need rehab treatment. You may find treatment for several types of substances, such as:
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription painkillers.
This provides a list of potential drugs that may be covered at the rehab facility you attend. But this doesn’t mean it’s the only substance you can get treated for. For more information, you can check with an admissions navigator at an Aetna of California substance abuse treatment facility.
How Much Does Aetna of California Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Your specific Aetna of California substance abuse plan may vary on what it covers based on the policy’s tier level or other factors. This means the exact services covered could range too. However, Aetna of California insurance drug treatment programs does indicate that they will cover the following treatment services:7(pg1)
- Detoxification treatment—This treatment program consists of a supervised medication-assisted treatment that helps patients with physical dependency and withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient or residential rehab—An inpatient rehab program is set up in a residential environment. It consists of a 24-hour program that is supervised by professional staff knowledgeable in treating chemical dependency. The program offers a robust therapy regimen and may involve detox, as described above. When the patient becomes stable, they may move to another level of treatment.
- Partial hospital program (PHP)—When attending a PHP, you will attend many hours of therapy programs throughout the week but be residing at your own home at night.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)—An IOP is similar to a partial hospitalization program, but you won’t be there for quite as long during the day. Sometimes sessions will be done in the evenings, too.
Does Aetna of California Insurance Cover Mental Health Care?
As stated above, Aetna’s insurance health coverage includes services and assistance for both substance abuse and mental health.1 If you’re concerned about a mental health disorder or question whether you might have mental illness co-occurring with substance misuse, you can assess your Aetna mental health coverage.
Treating both conditions together is doable and wise. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates marketplace insurance providers to provide “essential benefits.”8 Mental health care and substance use treatment are offered as essential benefits.8
Co-occurring substance use disorder and mental illness are common for people to have.9 Debate is still ongoing about whether mental illness drives people to use substances or substance abuse leads to mental illness but treating them in tandem is helpful for relapse minimization.9
How Long Does Aetna of California Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Everyone has different drug rehab needs. One person may require a 90-day detox program, while another may benefit from a residential inpatient program. In fact, some people may begin in one treatment program and work down to a less intense rehab. This could take extensive time and work. Other people might start at a semi-intense treatment program and stay in it for just as long as the other person. Since addiction is a chronic disease, it’s important to look at recovery as a continual effort and not a “quick fix.”
So, how long do you need to be in rehab to get back on track? And how long will Aetna of California coverage pay for? These are questions that may be pressing on your mind. While it’s true that everyone’s rehab needs are different, studies show that staying in treatment for at least 3 months will provide the best outcomes.10
You can check with your carrier to find out how long your Aetna of California insurance plan will cover. When you talk to an admissions navigator, they will explain your options for treatment.
What if My Aetna of California Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
You may wonder what to do if your Aetna of California insurance does not cover inpatient drug rehab. Or what if they don’t cover all the costs? Don’t give up or put off seeking help. You may be able to find financing opportunities or scholarships by checking with the rehab facility.
Aetna of California In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
You can save money by staying in-network with Aetna of California drug treatment providers. These are the group of health care providers who have a contract with Aetna to give services at a reduced rate for clients. When you go to out-of-network facilities, you will have to pay for the services you receive.
How to Find Aetna of California-Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in CA?
AAC has leading quality care for people seeking treatment. Laguna Treatment Hospital is located conveniently in California and is one of the in-network Aetna of California health and rehabilitation centers you can go to. Call the American Addiction Centers (AAC) helpline and speak to an admissions navigator who can help verify your insurance coverage and check your benefits.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna of California Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.