Aetna Indiana: Rehab & Detox Centers in IN That Take Aetna Insurance
Aetna of Indiana insurance values patient care, including mental health and substance use disorders.1 If you are dealing with either of these problems, you can count on Aetna of Indiana insurance rehab and detox centers to provide you with the programs and services you need.1
With a population of 6.8 million, Indiana is the 17th most populous state in the U.S.2 Some of its larger cities include Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Evansville, and South Bend.3
Like any other state, Indiana has plenty of drug addiction and misuse that require treatment programs. In 2019, it was reported that 28,882 individuals over the age of 12 sought treatment for substance misuse at a substance rehab center. The following reflects how many people were treated for different types of substances that year: 4
- 7,750 people were treated for alcohol.
- 7,184 sought treatment for opiate misuse.
- 1,188 went into rehab for cocaine addiction.
- 5,124 went to treatment for marijuana use.
- 6,555 sought help for methamphetamine misuse.
Does Aetna of Indiana Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Every person’s Aetna of Indiana coverage will vary based on their specific policy. However, you can expect some coverage for inpatient rehab services when using your Aetna of Indiana insurance. At American Addiction Centers (AAC), an admissions navigator is available to speak to you about the extent of your Aetna of Indiana drug rehab coverage. You can connect with someone through different channels, such as phone, chat, or filling out an SSVOB form.
Additionally, you can contact an insurance representative by calling the number on the back of your card.
What Is Aetna of Indiana?
Aetna was founded in 1853 as Aetna Life Insurance Company.5 Over the years, it evolved into the health insurance company that people know today. Approximately 39 million people use Aetna healthcare products and services to assist them with their medical and mental health needs.6
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna IN Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Your Aetna of Indiana addiction treatment may cover treatment for a wide range of substances. Each substance has its own set of effects and withdrawal symptoms, so it’s best to consult with an admissions navigator about what substance(s) you are using. Be upfront with them, and they will be able to guide you in what treatment programs are best suited for the substance(s) you are taking. They can also provide direction on which facilities are best equipped to treat the drugs.
For example, they may suggest that you go to an inpatient facility that offers medical detox, depending on the substance(s) you were taking. Or they may suggest a different level of treatment. Maybe you need an inpatient residential rehab, but it’s not necessary to have medical detox. The admissions navigator can assist you with determining the answer to some of these questions. They will also verify what your Aetna of Indiana rehab insurance provides.
Some common substances that people get treated for include:
- Prescription painkillers.
This is not an exhaustive list of what substances your Aetna of Indiana health and rehab may cover. So, be sure to check with an admissions navigator if you don’t see your substance listed.
How Much Does Aetna of Indiana Cover (Addiction Treatment)
Substance use disorders (SUDs) are complex and tend to be an ongoing condition.7 SUDs also vary in severity and ranges from person to person. 7 Due to the nature of and variety of SUDs, people often need to transition from one level of services to another. 7 They may begin at the most intense, which is inpatient service, and level down to less-intense outpatient treatment. 7 Not everyone uses or requires a full continuum of services.
Your Aetna of Indiana substance abuse treatment coverage may provide services for some or all of the cost for the following treatments:
- Inpatient or residential rehab: During inpatient rehab treatment, you will receive care on a 24/7 basis. This rehab treatment provides patients with a year-round residential setting, therapeutic intervention, and detoxification services. You will always have clinical professionals around you while you’re there, so you can focus on healing.7(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): The next level of intensity for treatment is PHP, which provides the patient with several days/hours of therapy in a therapeutic setting but allows you to reside at your own home overnight.8(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): This program will give patients an intense level of services on an outpatient basis. IOP is not as extensive as PHP but does provide ample therapy throughout the week.7(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: Outpatient programs will be the least intensive form of therapy. You will attend at least once a week.7(outpatient)
Does Aetna of Indiana Insurance Cover Mental Health Care?
Your Aetna mental health coverage includes services for both substance use and mental health because it falls under the marketplace plans that are covered by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The ACA mandates marketplace insurers to provide their clients with a set of “essential benefits.”9 These essential benefits include services for mental health and substance misuse.
Often, mental health disorders co-occur with substance abuse, and it’s quite common if you have one of the conditions, you’ll have the other one, too.10
Researchers are still determining whether mental illness drives people to use substances or substance abuse leads to mental illness, but treating them in tandem is helpful for relapse minimization.10
How Long Does Aetna of Indiana Insurance Cover an Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Program?
When determining how long you need to be in a substance abuse rehab facility, it is helpful to discuss your specific condition with an admissions navigator. They will have the best advice as to what type of treatment program would be suited for you and how long you should stay in treatment. As noted above, substance addiction is a chronic condition that often requires ongoing rehab in a therapeutic setting. Your Aetna of Indiana insurance coverage will likely assist you in paying for some or all of the costs for inpatient alcohol and drug rehab. You can contact an Aetna of Indiana health and rehab center to find out what your insurance plan will cover.
Everyone’s rehab needs may vary, but research indicates that a minimum of 3 months in inpatient care will provide the best outcomes.11
What If My Aetna of Indiana Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If, for any reason, you can’t get your Aetna of Indiana drug treatment covered, don’t give up on the idea of seeking treatment now as opposed to later. Putting it off may lead to never getting it done. Instead, check with Aetna of Indiana drug treatment providers about their financing or scholarship options available.
Aetna of Indiana In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
In-network Aetna of Indiana insurance rehab centers have some type of contract with your insurance. They will be able to provide you with services that are covered, so you won’t have as many out-of-pocket costs.12 If you choose to seek rehab at an out-of-network facility, you will have to pay more for the services.12
What Rehab Centers That Take Aetna of Indiana Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
How to Find Aetna of Indiana-Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in IN?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) can assist you in finding an approved Aetna of Indiana rehab center that meets your needs. Your first step on the journey of recovery is talking to an admissions navigator. You can contact the helpline to get started. Someone will verify your insurance coverage and check your benefits while you wait on the phone.
AAC offers quality rehabilitation services throughout the U.S. and is a leading treatment provider. You can search for Aetna Indiana rehabs near you by using this search tool.