Aetna Ohio: Rehab & Detox Centers in OH That Take Aetna Insurance
No matter where you live, dealing with a substance use issue is a challenging problem. Ohio, like any other state, has its share of challenges related to drug and alcohol addiction. As of 2020, Ohio’s population was 331.4 million people.1
In 2019, a total of 25,483 Ohio residents over age 12 were admitted to a substance use disorder treatment facility.2(pg 291) That year, residents were treated for issues related to the following substances: 2(pg 291)
- 5,815 people who were admitted to treatment used alcohol.
- 9,554 used opiates.
- 1,916 used cocaine.
- 4,086 used marijuana.
- 2,754 used methamphetamine.
Does Aetna Better Health of Ohio insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Aetna Better Health of Ohio insurance has alcohol and drug coverage for its clients, making recovery possible for everyone.3 Because Aetna Better Health of Ohio values mental health as well as physical well-being, you can count on getting the appropriate treatment you need.3 For more information about what your Aetna Better Health of Ohio substance use treatment coverage involves, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card.
For a quicker response, you can reach American Addiction Centers (AAC) through various methods, such as calling them, using the online chat function, or filling out the verification of benefits form
What Is Aetna Better Health of Ohio?
Aetna Better Health of Ohio is a health plan provider that operates through the main Aetna company.4 In addition, it has contracts with Ohio Medicaid and Medicare, allowing those demographics of people to receive insurance benefits.4 It was in 2014 when Aetna Better Health of Ohio began serving 3 service areas to the community of Ohio.4 Your Aetna Better Health of Ohio coverage offers the substance abuse services you need for recovery.3
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna OH Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
With all the many substances that are out there in the world, you may wonder whether you will be able to find the Aetna Better Health of Ohio health and rehab services you need for the particular substance you are taking. You can speak to an admissions navigator to find out what substances they treat.
Some common substances you might encounter and can find treatment for include:
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription drugs.
How Much Does Aetna Better Health of Ohio Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Your Aetna Better Health of Ohio substance use treatment offers a range of services that may vary depending on your specific policy. The amount of substance use disorder services you require may vary based on factors such as:5
- The length of time you’ve been using a substance.
- Whether you’re using more than one substance.
- If you have mental health issues co-occurring with substance misuse.
- Your physical health.
Regardless of what level of Aetna Better Health of Ohio drug rehab services you need, you may be able to get some of the following treatments covered:
- Inpatient or residential rehab treatment: An inpatient treatment program takes place in a residential setting and typically includes access to staff 24/7. Some people stay for up to 12 months, but some programs are just 30 days. During inpatient treatment, you may participate in detox treatment and behavioral therapy on your road to recovery. 6(long)
- Outpatient rehab treatment: With outpatient treatment, you live at home and visit the facility for pre-scheduled treatment sessions. This is sometimes recommended for someone who is ready to transition from a higher level of treatment.5(outpatient)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP delivers an option for stepping down from inpatient residential treatment. Other times, people participate in IOP because they need more intensive treatment but prefer to live at home.7
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): With a PHP, patients who have severe substance use disorders will get many of the benefits of an inpatient program yet be able to go home every night. Treatment can be anywhere from 4 to 6 hours a day for 5 days a week.8
Does Aetna Better Health of Ohio Insurance Cover Inpatient Mental Health Care Facilities?
People with co-occurring disorders have both mental health and substance use disorders simultaneously.9 The type of mental health issues can vary as well as the type of drugs the person takes.
According to studies, around 50% of people with a mental health disorder also use substances and vice versa.9 The reasons and causes of this are not completely known, and it’s unclear if one condition causes the other. However, the correlation between the two is unmistakable.9
Because of the passing of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), insurance providers must offer services and treatment for substance abuse facilities.10 If you find an Aetna Better Health of Ohio insurance drug treatment program that offers co-occurring disorder treatment, you can find help for both issues at the same time. This makes sense as opposed to going to 2 completely different facilities.
How Long Does Aetna Better Health of Ohio Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Not everyone has the same needs when it comes to recovery and detox from substance use disorder. The length of time you spend in an Aetna Better Health of Ohio drug treatment center depends on several factors. An admissions navigator can provide better guidance as to what type and length of treatment are suitable for your situation. However, research shows that staying in a treatment facility for “enough” time is pertinent to making a successful recovery.11
Since drug addiction changes the brain in some important ways, relapse is always a strong possibility if treatment is ended too soon. In fact, some professionals suggest patients participate in ongoing treatment of some form.11 Longer treatment times are often associated with better outcomes.11
Your Aetna Better Health of Ohio coverage has several policy levels and plan tiers. The amount of rehab that is covered by the insurance provider may vary. Talk to your insurance provider by calling the phone number on the back of your card for more information, or contact AAC and discuss insurance verification with an admissions navigator.
What if My Aetna Better Health of Ohio Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
Don’t let the possibility that your Aetna Better Health of Ohio insurance won’t cover inpatient rehab prevent you from getting treatment. Putting off treatment will only lead to further harm and pain in your life. Instead, check with one of the Aetna Better Health of Ohio rehab centers about financial aid, scholarships, or other methods to pay for services.
Aetna Better Health of Ohio In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
To help cut costs, select in-network Aetna Better Health of Ohio substance use disorder treatment providers.12 If you choose to go outside the network of Aetna Better Health of Ohio drug treatment providers, you won’t have the services covered.12
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Ohio Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
How to find Aetna Better Health of Ohio Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in OH?
American Addiction Centers is here to help facilitate your journey to wellness. You can talk to an admissions navigator today to verify your insurance and find out the best treatment program for your condition. Also, AAC has quality facilities located throughout the United States, and an admissions navigator can point you in the direction of an Aetna Better Health of Ohio health and rehabilitation center near you.
Make a seamless transition from a life of substance abuse to a life of recovery by reaching out to the helpline at AAC for more information about the Oxford Treatment Center around Louisiana. Your journey to a future of health and happiness begins today.