Aetna Tennessee: Rehab & Detox Centers in TN That Take Aetna Insurance
As the 15th largest state in the U.S., Tennessee borders several other states, including Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, and Virginia.1 With a population of almost 7 million people, Tennessee has plenty of Aetna Tennessee drug detox treatment centers for those in need.1
There are several types of substances for which Tennessee residents are treated. The number of Tennesseans who were admitted to a substance abuse facility in 2019 was just over 20,000. The following substances were the top ones that Tennessee residents were using, according to a 2019 report:2(p.306)
- Opiates were the main substance used by 7,257 people admitted to a substance use disorder treatment center.
- There were 4,700 people admitted to a treatment facility due to alcohol misuse.
- Methamphetamine misuse accounted for 4,034 people going into a rehab facility.
- Marijuana misuse led 2,287 people to seek treatment at a substance use treatment center.
- There were 1,447 individuals who sought help at a rehab center for cocaine use.
Does Aetna Tennessee insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Seeking treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction involves finding care at a rehab center that works with your Aetna Tennessee insurance. Due to the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) mandate, insurance providers must offer options for substance abuse treatment.3
Under these guidelines, insurance companies that offer marketplace plans must ensure clients have options for essential benefits, such as mental health and substance use disorder.3 Aetna Tennessee coverage falls within this mandate, providing substance abuse services for clients.4
You can easily verify your insurance benefits by contacting the rehab center that you plan to attend. American Addiction Centers (AAC) also has admissions navigators ready to check your coverage based on the information you provide, and they will give you an answer right away.
Additionally, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card to find out the specifics of your plan.
What Is Aetna Tennessee?
Aetna is a CVS Health company that offers a wide range of health insurance plans and services for its members.5 There are an estimated 39 million members that access Aetna healthcare products, such as:5
- Medical and pharmacy plans.
- Medicare and Medicaid plans.
- Behavioral health programs.
- Medication management.
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna TN Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
When determining what type of substance use disorder treatment you need, you may want to consider the type of substance or substances you are currently taking. Aetna Tennessee substance abuse providers will not discriminate when it comes to the type of substance treated. However, you need to ensure the rehab facility you go to is equipped to manage the substances you need help with.
Some of the commonly used substances that many rehabs are equipped to deal with include:6
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription drugs.
How Much Does Aetna Tennessee Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Dealing with a substance use disorder (SUD) is a complex situation because of the chronic nature of addiction.7 A SUD also varies in how it presents in individuals.7 Some people may experience more severe symptoms, and symptoms can change from person to person. 7
Additionally, often people need more than 1 type of treatment program to get through their recovery journey.7 They may transition from a higher to a lower level of services or vice versa. 7 Or they may stay at one level for the duration of their treatment plan.7
Your Aetna Tennessee substance abuse treatment coverage may provide services for some cost for the following treatments:
- Inpatient or residential rehab: The inpatient rehab or residential treatment is the most intense treatment you can receive for substance addiction. It involves a 24/7 treatment plan supervised by medical practitioners and conducted in a residential setting. During the rehab sessions, patients participate in therapeutic intervention and detoxification services as needed.7(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP is the next level down from inpatient rehab. It provides the same treatment plan and services but is not an overnight, residential service. You will be participating in the programs at the facility, but you will go to your home at night.8(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP offers patients an intense level of treatment but on an outpatient basis. You won’t be at the rehab center for as many hours/days as a PHP, but you will still have more sessions than traditional outpatient therapy.7(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: Outpatient programs are the least intense form of rehab services but may be the right option for you. During the weekly meetings with a therapist, you can keep reinforcing the strategies you’ve learned while maintaining home, school, or work obligations. 7(outpatient)
Does Aetna Tennessee Insurance Cover Inpatient Mental Health Care Facilities?
When you seek treatment at an Aetna Tennessee substance abuse treatment facility, you can obtain services for both substance use and mental health. Since these services fall within the ACA’s essential benefits coverage, you don’t have to worry about going to 2 different facilities or securing “extra” insurance.3
Mental health disorders commonly do co-occur with substance use disorders.9 So, it makes sense to discuss your history, symptoms, and needs with an admissions navigator when starting an Aetna Tennessee addiction treatment program. Mental illness may cause some people to use substances to block out their symptoms, while others may develop mental health disorders from long-term substance misuse.9
How Long Does Aetna Tennessee Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Program?
As you begin your journey of recovery from substance addiction, you may wonder how long the journey will take or whether the costs will be covered in their entirety. Aetna Tennessee rehab centers can help guide you through the length of time your particular condition may take. An admissions navigator will discuss what treatment program would be appropriate for your needs and the length of time you’ll likely need to stay in treatment.
Although everyone has various needs for treatment, one thing that is common for everyone is the need for ongoing services or maintenance due to the chronic nature of addiction.7 Your Aetna Tennessee insurance rehab coverage will be able to assist with some of your treatment costs, which in many cases should contain a minimum of 3 months of care, according to experts.10
You can contact an Aetna Tennessee health and rehabilitation center to see if they cover the extent of services you require.
What If My Aetna Tennessee Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
Don’t put things off if you’re concerned about your Aetna Tennessee insurance drug treatment program providing you with full coverage for inpatient drug rehab. You can often find assistance by asking an Aetna Tennessee drug treatment provider if they offer any financial assistance or a payment plan. Some may have scholarships or financial aid packages available for patients.
Aetna Tennessee In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
In-network Aetna Tennessee insurance rehab centers have a contract with your insurance.11 That means the health professionals and facilities work with the insurance providers to make the services accessible and less costly. 11 As a result, you can use the services without worrying about them being covered. 11 However, by going outside the network, you won’t have the coverage you need, or you will have to pay extra fees. 11
How To Find Aetna Tennessee-Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in TN?
Taking the first step to finding an Aetna Tennessee addiction treatment center near you is instrumental in the recovery process. The process is made easier with the aid of American Addiction Centers (AAC). They will assist you in finding a nearby Aetna Tennessee insurance rehab center that has programs and services for your needs.
AAC has several leading treatment centers throughout the U.S., with one around Tennessee—Sunrise House Treatment Center. Their top-quality programs will enable you to find hope for recovery.
You can get started by discussing your issues with an admissions navigator. Contact the helpline, and someone will verify your insurance coverage as you wait on the phone.
If you prefer, you can search for an Aetna Tennessee rehabs facility near you by using this search tool today.