Ambetter Insurance for Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment
Ambetter insurance offers a wide array of health solutions for members.1 With healthcare products provided through Centene Corporation, Ambetter delivers local care in the following states:1,2
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
If you reside in one of these states or plan to participate in an Ambetter rehab in one of these areas, you can find out details about your coverage by calling the number on the back of your card. To make things even easier, you can verify your insurance with the rehab facility you plan to attend. Contact them or use the insurance verification form at the bottom of this page. You will receive an answer immediately upon filling out the brief form.
Take the first step in your recovery by checking your Ambetter insurance for addiction treatment.
What is Ambetter Insurance?
Ambetter is a health insurance provider that has been offering marketplace plans, in 26 states, since 2014. Contracts with a wide network of local providers allow this insurer to deliver healthcare services in available states to more than 2 million members. Ambetter offers several ‘metallic’ levels of coverage through its Bronze, Silver, and Gold plans. Some additional options are also available in certain states.1
Ambetter’s healthcare plans also include access to 24/7 telehealth support and medical advice for non-emergency issues. Ambetter offers care management programs and coordination services that can help you find suitable in-network providers and resources. All healthcare services are provided through a network of primary care physicians, specialists, hospitals, pharmacies, and other medical institutions Ambetter has contracts with. Those are in-network service providers. Certain rehab facilities are also part of Ambetter’s network. This allows them to offer services to their members at discounted prices. In some cases, all the treatment costs will be covered by insurance.13
What are Ambetter’s Insurance Coverage Levels and Plans for Addiction Treatment?
Ambetter medical insurance is a Marketplace plan that provides 3 different levels of coverage. Plans include:3
Bronze: Ambetter Essential Care. This level will help with your basic and essential needs. It is a lower monthly premium, but you will have to pay more out-of-pocket fees if you get other care that is not essential.
Silver level: Ambetter Balanced Care. This plan is more balanced in terms of what you pay monthly versus out-of-pocket costs.
Gold level: Ambetter Secure Care. With this level of Ambetter insurance, you will have all your health needs covered. However, you can expect to pay more per month.
You can count on some type of coverage for mental health care and substance abuse services because they are considered “essential” care. The exact details about what is covered depend on your specific plan. You will need to check your Ambetter insurance benefits with a representative.
What Types of Addiction Treatment Does Ambetter Insurance Cover?
Some of the Ambetter mental health and substance abuse treatments include:
- Inpatient rehab program: Inpatient treatment is helpful for those with a severe addiction issue. You will have 24-hour monitoring and care.
- Residential rehab program: Residential care includes living at the facility for an extended amount of time to receive full care.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs): This type of treatment program provides more intense treatment on an outpatient basis. You may attend therapy several days a week.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs): PHP is considered a step down from inpatient rehab. You will spend much of your time getting treatment and go home at night.
- Outpatient therapy and counseling: If you have completed an inpatient program, you may be ready for a once-a-week outpatient regimen.4
A rehab counselor will evaluate your condition and help determine which program would be best for you.
Does Ambetter Insurance Cover Mental Health Inpatient Treatment?
You may be concerned about other diagnosed or undiagnosed mental illnesses. It’s important to note that substance misuse and addiction are mental health disorders. However, many people who have a substance use disorder also have another mental illness.5 In fact, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, it’s common for people to have co-occurring conditions. 5
It is not clear whether substance abuse leads to mental illness or mental illness drives people to use substances—it could be a bit of both.5 Whatever the case may be, it’s vital to work with one of the Ambetter rehab centers that specialize in co-occurring disorder treatment, as well as treat these two conditions in tandem. Doing so will ensure you receive adequate care for both issues.5
The Affordable Care Act, which creates certain mandates for insurance providers, requires that carriers provide for mental health care and substance abuse treatment. 6
How Long Does Ambetter Insurance Cover Rehab?
Even though everyone has differing rehab needs, one thing is certain—you don’t want to stop drug rehab too soon. The National Institutes of Health recommends that you stay in treatment for at least 3 months for maximum effectiveness, although some people may benefit from longer treatment times.7
How long does Ambetter cover drug rehab? You will need to check with your carrier for specifics. Each policy type and level has specific coverage provisions. You can check your Ambetter rehabilitation coverage by calling the number on your card, or verify your benefits below. Checking your Ambetter rehab insurance is the first step in seeking treatment and will set you on the right path for healing and recovery.
What if My Ambetter Insurance Policy Does Not Cover Rehab?
If you find out that your Ambetter insurance rehab coverage won’t take care of all the costs (or any of the costs) of treatment, what should you do next? You shouldn’t give up on striving to recover. Many facilities offer some type of assistance or payment plan options. You could check with the rehab you are considering and ask if they offer financial aid, sliding-scale fee, or payment arrangements. Just remember to reach out for assistance; your health and well-being are worth it.
Ambetter In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Rehab Centers
You may be familiar with the terms “in-network” and “out-of-network,” but maybe you’re not sure what they mean. Simply put, an in-network provider is a rehab, doctor, pharmacy, or facility that has contracted with the Ambetter network. This allows you to get services from these facilities for a discounted price, some or all of which will be covered by your insurance. 8
An out-of-network provider is a rehab, doctor, pharmacy, or facility that isn’t a part of the Ambetter network.8 If you opt for a facility that is out-of-network, you can count on having to pay for the services you receive. 8
You can contact a representative to find an Ambetter mental health provider list, or simply call the rehab facility to find out if they are in-network or out-of-network with Ambetter. It makes sense to attend an in-network facility to save additional costs.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How to check Ambetter Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment?
Now, it’s up to you to move forward with your health and recovery by checking your Ambetter insurance. You can find out more details about what is covered in your plan by contacting sources that can provide specific information. If you have the gold plan, Ambetter Secure Care, you most likely will have a good deal of the costs covered.3 The silver plan, Ambetter Balanced Care, is a great option for those who want to balance expenses with care. 3Even the bronze plan, Ambetter Essential Care, will ensure you get the basic coverage, and the lower monthly premium means you’ll have saved money.3
You can also contact American Addiction Centers (AAC). They will verify your insurance coverage right away. All you need to do is fill out the brief form below to find out whether Ambetter is covered with AAC facilities. If you’d rather talk to someone in person, call our helpline at any time, 24/7, to get more information. Don’t put off getting the help you need.