Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Arkansas
If you have an Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) health plan and are struggling with addiction, you may be wondering whether your plan covers alcohol and drug rehab centers in Arkansas. Most Ambetter health plans provide some level of coverage for substance use disorder treatment (e.g., alcohol and drug rehab) as mandated by the Affordable Care Act.1 Despite this, your Ambetter health insurance coverage will vary based on the plan you have, where you go for rehab, and other cost-sharing requirements specific to your plan.
According to the United States’ online treatment locator, there are 5 facilities within 25 miles of Arkansas that offer all types of addiction treatment.2 These facilities take a variety of insurance, including state, Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance options.2 This means that you may be able to use your Ambetter AR plan at these facilities. To check your coverage details and see whether these facilities are in your Ambetter network, call the number on the back of your insurance card. You may also be able to contact a rehab center directly to verify whether your plan would be accepted at the facility.
What Is Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter)?
Ambetter from Arkansas Health & Wellness includes plans from the Health Insurance Marketplace.3 Ambetter offers state-specific plans in 20 states, covering more than 2 million people nationwide.4 “Experienced healthcare” tab All Ambetter plans are offered through Centene Corporation, a multinational Fortune 500 company with over 30 years of managed care industry experience.3 Due to its nationwide reach, provider networks may be vast and include a variety of rehab centers in the state of Arkansas. However, there’s no explicit number of rehab centers in Arkansas that accept Arkansas Health & Wellness plans, as each plan and coverage details may vary. Call the number on the back of your insurance card to verify your coverage.
What Substance Addiction Does Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) Cover?
Because the ACA requires that all Health Insurance Marketplace plans, including Ambetter AR plans, cover substance addiction treatment in some capacity, your plan likely provides some level of coverage for treatment.1 Some common substance addictions that may be covered under your plan include alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, opioids, marijuana, and prescription drugs. Please call the number on the back of your insurance card to learn more about your plan’s coverage details.
What Does Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
What’s covered under your Ambetter insurance plan will vary based on the plan you select and where you seek care. However, there are a few common treatment methods that may be recommended depending on your situation and may be fully or partially covered by your plan. These types of care include:
- Inpatient/residential rehab. Inpatient/residential rehab typically involves a patient staying at a facility overnight for days, weeks, or months and receiving around-the-clock care.5, Pg 8, “What types of treatment programs are available?” Para 2
- Outpatient rehab/therapy. Outpatient rehab typically involves therapy and refers to programs in which patients visit a facility 1 or 2 times a week to receive care and then return home following the treatment. 5, Pg 10, Para 2
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP). IOPs are generally more intensive outpatient programs, which means that there is generally a minimum number of hours that a patient must receive care per week at a facility.5, Pg 10, Para 3
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). With PHPs, a patient would attend a facility for about 4–8 hours each day to receive medically supervised care but return home at the end of the day. Generally, patients receive this care multiple days per week. 5, Pg 10, Para 1
Remember, your path to recovery may not be similar to someone else’s. As such, your provider may or may not recommend any of the above courses of treatment. Moreover, full or partial coverage for treatment is not guaranteed. Be sure to check your insurance coverage prior to seeking treatment (unless it’s an emergency) to potentially avoid surprise medical bills.
Does Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
The ACA’s mandate for coverage for mental and behavioral health services means that your Ambetter plan must provide some level of coverage for various services related to mental, behavioral, and substance abuse disorders.1 Specifically, your plan must cover, in some capacity, treatment for substance use disorder (e.g., rehab), inpatient and residential mental and behavioral health treatment, and behavioral health treatment (e.g., counseling).1 While full coverage is not guaranteed, and plan details vary, this mandate may help offset some of the cost of receiving care when you use your insurance. This means that co-occurring disorder treatment and standalone drug rehab may fall under this mandate.
This is especially important for those who may have a mental health, substance use, or co-occurring disorder, which is when a patient has both a mental health and substance use disorder concurrently.6, para 2 Approximately 9.2 million Americans have a co-occurring disorder, according to the National Institute for Mental Health.6, para 3 Because a substance use and mental health disorder can affect the other (e.g., anxiety disorders, depression, and addiction), many mental health experts recommend that treatment for both be received at the same time. 6, para 2
How Long Does Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
There generally is not a standard length of time that Ambetter AR plans will cover inpatient alcohol and drug rehab programs. The length of time covered will depend on your specific plan, the type of care you need, and whether the facility you receive care at is considered an in-network provider. Because there are many different types of policies and tiers of coverage, it’s important to look up your plan details before seeking care whenever possible. To do this, you can call the number on the back of your Arkansas Health & Wellness plan card to speak to a representative and learn more about your plan.
What If My Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
Depending on your plan and the rehab center you choose, it’s possible that your Ambetter policy may not fully or partially cover an inpatient drug rehab program or treatment in general. If this is the case, you may be able to qualify for financing or scholarship options, depending on the rehab center you choose. You may also be able to set up a payment plan. If your insurance won’t cover all or part of your rehab costs, do not delay care. Getting the treatment you need right now is critical instead of pushing it down the road.
Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
One of the biggest factors in keeping your healthcare costs low is knowing how to choose an in-network provider. An in-network provider is one that’s part of your Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) plan.7, Questions About Plans and Benefits, What Are In-Network Providers? This means that they’re contracted with Ambetter to provide their services at a set cost, and generally these provider visits cost less than visiting an out-of-network provider. 7, Questions About Plans and Benefits, What Are In-Network Providers? You can call the number on the back of your insurance card to find an in-network provider or click to access the Ambetter Find a Doctor Tool. You can also call a rehab center directly and ask them whether they’re an in-network provider under your plan.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Arkansas Health & Wellness (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Arkansas?
Another way that you can check your Ambetter coverage for inpatient drug rehab centers in Arkansas is to contact the American Addiction Centers confidential helpline. When you call the helpline, you’ll be put in touch with a real person who can help you check your benefits while you’re on the phone. The representative may also be able to let you know whether your Ambetter plan considers AAC facilities to be in-network providers and may recommend you seek treatment at nearby facilities in Mississippi or Florida.
Though there’s not a specific number of people who go into rehab every year financed through their Arkansas Health & Wellness plan, with over 2 million covered Ambetter members, it’s likely that many use their insurance to cover the costs of rehab. Give the AAC helpline a call today to take the first step on your journey to recovery. You can also click here to find a nearby treatment facility.