MHS Indiana (Ambetter) Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab centers in Indiana
Substance use and addiction in Indiana is prevalent, and it’s one of the largest problems the state faces.1 Nearly 1 in 12 Indianans, or about 500,000 people, fit the criteria of having a substance use disorder.1, para 1 What this statistic shows is that if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, you’re not alone. Often, attending drug and alcohol rehab centers in Indiana is the first step in overcoming addiction, but it comes at a cost.
Fortunately, if you have health insurance, you may be able to use your health plan to cover the cost of rehab centers in Indiana. MHS Indiana (Ambetter) health plans may provide such coverage, helping cover some or all of the cost of alcohol and drug rehab treatment. Plan coverage may vary, and may be subject to network requirements. There are 28 centers in or near Indiana that are considered in-network with MHS Indiana (Ambetter).2 Rehab centers can check your coverage based on the insurance information you provide them with, or you can call the number on the back of your insurance card to verify whether your insurance may be accepted at the facility.
What Is MHS Indiana (Ambetter)?
MHS Indiana (Ambetter) is Centene Corporation’s Health Insurance Marketplace health insurance company.3 Centene Corporation, a multinational Fortune 500 company, has been in the managed care and specialty health solutions industry for 30 years and believes that quality healthcare is delivered at the local level.3 As such, Ambetter works with local companies to administer health insurance plans from the Health Insurance Marketplace.3
Ambetter offers plans in 20 different states, including Indiana, under various names.4, “Experienced Healthcare” tab Across these states, Ambetter covers more than 2 million members.4 “Experienced Healthcare” tab Though exact plan details may vary by policy, Ambetter health benefits include Ambetter Telehealth, Healthcare Management Programs, mail-order pharmacy, 24/7 nurse advice line, digital ID card access, virtual member assistant, Start Smart for Your Baby program, My Health Pays rewards program, and optional dental and vision insurance programs.4 “About Ambetter” tab
MHS Indiana (Ambetter) offers 3 plan levels: Bronze (Ambetter Essential Care), Silver (Ambetter Balanced Care), and Gold (Ambetter Secure Care).5 Each plan level differs in amount of coverage and cost of coverage, with Bronze plans being the least expensive but also offering the least coverage, and Gold plans offering the most coverage at the highest cost.5 Though an exact number of facilities in Indiana that accept MHS Indiana plans is not available, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative who can help you determine which facilities in Indiana will take your MHS Indiana health plan.
What Substance Addiction Does MHS Indiana (Ambetter) Cover?
Your MHS Indiana (Ambetter) health plan may help cover the costs of treating various substance addictions. Examples of substance addiction treatment that may be covered include alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, opioids, marijuana, and/or prescription drug addictions. Call the number on the back of your insurance card to learn more about your specific policy.
What Does MHS Indiana (Ambetter) Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
What your MHS Indiana (Ambetter) Insurance plan covers in addiction treatment may vary based on the plan you have or the facility at which you receive care. For explicit details on your own policy and the coverage you may have, it’s recommended that you verify your benefits and coverage before seeking care. Examples of common addiction treatment that may be recommended to you include:
- Inpatient/residential rehab. An inpatient or residential rehab program is one that involves staying overnight at a facility for days, weeks, or months and receiving round-the-clock and medically supervised care.6, Pg 8, “What types of treatment programs are available?”
- Outpatient rehab/therapy. An outpatient rehab program, which often involves therapy, is a type of program that involves a patient visiting a facility 1–2 times a week to receive their care. Overnight stays are not part of this type of program.6, Pg 10, Para 2
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP). With an IOP, patients attend outpatient facilities a minimum number of hours each week to receive the care that they need.6, Pg 10, Para 3
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). With a PHP, patients receive 4–8 hours of care each day at a facility, multiple days per week, but don’t stay overnight at the facility.6, Pg 10, Para 1
Does MHS Indiana (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), all Health Insurance Marketplace plans, including those administered by MHS Indiana (Ambetter), are required to provide coverage in some capacity for mental and behavioral health services, including substance use disorder treatment and behavioral health treatment (e.g., counseling).7 What this means is that things like standalone drug rehab and co-occurring disorder treatment are required to be covered at some level by your MHS Indiana plan.
A co-occurring disorder refers to a condition in which a mental health disorder and substance use disorder occur simultaneously.8, para 2 Because each condition can influence or exacerbate the other, it’s recommended by health experts that treatment for each be received at the same time.8 para 2
How Long Does MHS Indiana (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Though how long each patient should remain in rehab will vary based on their specific situation, it’s important to note that longer treatment times are often better. Research shows that good outcomes depend upon proper treatment length.9 Treatment should last for at least 90 days in residential or outpatient programs to maintain a positive outcome.9
The length of time that your MHS Indiana (Ambetter) plan covers inpatient alcohol and drug rehab programs will vary based on the policy that you have. Because there are a variety of plans available, it’s not possible to list a specific length of time that rehab may be covered under your policy. It’s best to check your specific policy to learn about your policy details and coverage. You can do this by calling the number on the back of your insurance card and speaking to a representative or logging on to your member portal.
What If My MHS Indiana (Ambetter) Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
It is possible that your MHS Indiana (Ambetter) policy may not fully or partially cover an inpatient drug rehab program. Depending on the rehab center you choose to attend, you may be able to ask for financing or scholarship options to cover any out-of-pocket costs that you face. As such, it’s important to ask to see whether these opportunities may be available to you. Prioritizing getting help today is critical rather than pushing it down the road.
MHS Indiana (Ambetter) In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Understanding the difference between an in-network and out-of-network inpatient drug rehab center is crucial to keeping your healthcare costs as low as possible. An in-network provider is a facility or a doctor that is part of your MHS Indiana insurance plan and provides their services at a set cost.10, Questions About Plans and Benefits “what are in-network providers?” Generally speaking, visiting an in-network provider costs less than visiting an out-of-network provider.10 To find an in-network provider, use the MHS Indiana Find a Doctor tool.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My MHS Indiana (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Indiana?
If you’re ready to take the next step in your recovery journey and want to use your MHS Indiana (Ambetter) coverage to help cover at least some of the costs associated with inpatient drug rehab costs in Indiana, you need to first check your coverage details. You can do this by calling the number on the back of your insurance card or logging in to your online Ambetter portal. Depending on the rehab center in Indiana you’re attending, the center may be able to verify your benefits and coverage for you.
If you attend an American Addiction Centers facility, an admissions navigator can help verify your insurance coverage over the phone. It’s not known how many people attend rehab each year financed through an MHS Indiana (Ambetter) health plan, but with the number of members nationwide, it’s safe to assume that others across the country use their Ambetter plans to cover at least some of the costs of rehab. If you’re interested in attending an AAC facility for its top-notch rehab programs, click here to find one in or near Indiana.