Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections is a healthcare coverage option offered from Ambetter specifically to residents of certain counties in Louisiana through the Health Insurance Marketplace. As mandated by the Affordable Care Act, all health insurance plans are required to provide at least some coverage for substance abuse disorder services, including rehab and treatment for addiction.1 While it will vary considerably by plan, facility, and patient case, Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections policy holders should expect at least some coverage for drug or alcohol addiction treatment.
If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse and looking for treatment, there are a number of treatment centers that may be covered by your insurance plan from this provider. Rehab centers can check what kind of treatment and how much of it your insurance plan covers at their facility based on information you provide to them (via a phone call or in person). You can also call the number on the back of your insurance information card to speak with a representative from Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections and discuss your specific plan and what treatments and facilities it might cover. Finally, you can call American Addiction Centers any time at to verify your insurance coverage and find a rehab center option available to you.
What Is Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections?
Ambetter has been providing healthcare coverage options through the Healthcare Insurance Marketplace since 2014. The company currently has over 2 million members across the U.S. and works with companies and providers local to specific areas of 26 different states to create plans that work best for members of their local communities.2
Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections is a healthcare coverage option created by Ambetter to cater to the needs of residents of certain counties in Louisiana. Underwritten by Louisiana Healthcare Connections, the available plans are designed to serve the populations of the 13 counties where the plans are available.3-4
Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections offers 3 different plans to its members:5
- Ambetter Essential Care: Ambetter Essential Care covers only the essentials. Monthly premium payments are the lowest on this plan, but policy holders should expect higher out-of-pocket payments should more extensive medical care be necessary.
- Ambetter Balanced Care: The Ambetter website states that this plan is the best value and provides the best balance between monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs. This plan covers a bit more than the essential but does not provide the most extensive coverage available.
- Ambetter Secure Care: This plan has the highest monthly premiums but covers the most medical services of any Ambetter plan. People with this plan should expect to pay the lowest amount in out-of-pocket costs.
All 3 plan options offer some form of coverage for substance abuse care, and there are several rehab facilities around the country that take Ambetter insurance. The best way to find a local facility that accepts your insurance plan with Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections is to call the number on the back of your insurance information card or log in to your account at ambetter.louisianahealthconnect.com. American Addiction Centers is also available 24/7 to verify your insurance coverage and help you find a treatment facility at .
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Cover?
The specific substance addiction treatments that are covered by your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections insurance will depend on the plan you have and the facility you choose to receive treatment from. Treatment for addiction to commonly abused substances, such as alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, opioids, marijuana, or prescription drugs is provided by several rehab facilities across the country. You will need to find a facility that not only provides treatment for addiction to the substance you’re struggling with but also one that is covered by your insurance policy. Getting the treatment that is best for you or a loved one is what’s most important.
What Does Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Insurance Cover In Addiction Treatment?
The specific types and methods of substance abuse treatment that are covered by your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Insurance will vary based on your policy and specific case. Below are some examples of types of treatment that may be covered in part or in full by your Ambetter insurance.
- Inpatient/residential rehab: Inpatient or residential rehab is a common form of rehab for those struggling with addiction because patients live on the premises of a facility where they receive treatment full time. Length of stay and treatment programs at these facilities are specific to the patient and cater to their needs.
- Outpatient rehab/therapy: Outpatient rehab or therapy is a form of addiction rehab that allows the patient to receive treatment at appointed times at a facility and then return home after the sessions. This can be a good option for those seeking treatment but without the time or circumstances to allow them to reside in a facility full time.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): Intensive outpatient is similar to outpatient rehab but with a stricter and more involved treatment schedule than a traditional outpatient program. These can be a good option for those with more severe cases of addiction.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): Partial hospitalization programs are a form of outpatient rehab that allows the patient to return home at the end of the day, but treatment is received in a hospital setting with medical staff. These programs provide more intense resources and guided help for people with extreme cases of addiction.
Does Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
It is common for those struggling with substance abuse to also struggle with a mental health disorder. The 2020 National Survey on Drug Use and Health found that 17 million adults in the U.S. struggled with both a mental health disorder and substance abuse that year.6
When a patient is struggling with both, it is referred to as a co-occurring disorder. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the best way to treat co-occurring disorders is to treat both conditions at the same time. This is why many facilities often screen patients for both so that treatment plans can be tailored to address both the mental health and substance abuse aspects of a patient’s struggles.7
The Affordable Care Act’s list of Essential Health Benefits that must be covered by all insurance plans not only includes substance abuse treatment, but it also includes mental health care and treatment. Both co-occurring disorder treatment and standalone drug rehab fall under this mandate, meaning that your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections insurance covers mental health and co-occurring disorder treatment, at least in part.
How Long Does Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
The length of stay your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections coverage provides is dependent upon your policy, tier of coverage, and your specific case. There are a few traditional stay lengths commonly used by treatment facilities:
- 30 days
- 60 days
- 90 days
- Extended live-in programs
When considering length of stay, it is most important to choose the length of stay that is best for you or your loved one’s specific treatment needs. Different substances, different treatment methods, and different severities of addiction may require different lengths of treatment. The National Institute on Drug Abuse states that both residential and outpatient rehab have shown to be of limited effectiveness if attended for less than 90 days. It is also imperative that the treatment plan is followed for the prescribed duration to ensure that full healing occurs.8
If you are interested in receiving treatment and wondering what length of stay your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections insurance covers, a good place to start is calling the number on the back of your insurance information card. A representative can speak with you about your specific plan and what may or may not be covered in your case.
What If My Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections policy does not cover an inpatient rehab program, there may still be other options for you. In addition to other types of treatment plans, certain facilities may be able to offer you financing or scholarship options based on your specific treatment needs and case. If you are interested in receiving treatment from a specific facility, call them to speak with a financial representative about your options. We also have detailed information available here about grants, financial assistance, and scholarship options that may be available to you.
If you or a loved one is interested in receiving treatment, it is critical that you act immediately. Substance abuse can control and affect your life as well as those who care about you. The longer you stay in it, the longer it has that control. Act now to find the best treatment plan for you and seek the help you need.
Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections In-Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Every healthcare plan, including yours from Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections, has a database of providers and facilities that they cover care from. Providers and facilities in this database of covered options are considered “in-network” for your plan. Those not in this database are considered “out-of-network” and your insurance policy will most likely not cover care provided by them. Both in-network and out-of-network providers and facilities can provide you with treatment. However, your out-of-pocket expenses will be much higher if you receive care from a provider or facility that is out-of-network, as none of your care will be covered by your insurance policy. It is best to seek care that is in-network so that your insurance plan can cover as much as possible and minimize your out-of-pocket expenses.
To check if a provider or facility is in-network for your policy, you can call a representative from Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections by calling the number on the back of your insurance information card. You can also find in-network providers and facilities by logging in to your account at ambetter.louisianahealthconnect.com.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Louisiana?
To check your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections coverage for inpatient rehab centers in Louisiana, you can call the number on the back of the insurance information card or log in to your account at ambetter.louisianahealthconnect.com.
Additionally, American Addiction Centers is available to verify your insurance coverage for you 24/7. Speak with a representative via our chat feature on our website or fill out the form found here to check on your coverage virtually. You can also call our helpline any time at to speak with a live representative and check your benefits right while you’re on the phone.
American Addiction Centers has leading treatment centers near Louisiana available to provide treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Most notably for the Louisiana area, patients may be interested in the Oxford Treatment Center in Etta, Mississippi.