Ambetter from Meridian-Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Michigan
Ambetter from Meridian focuses on providing healthcare services to customers that are based locally to them. For Ambetter from Meridian members in Michigan, there may be some options for coverage for drug and alcohol addiction treatment.
Ambetter from Meridian is offered through the Health Insurance Marketplace, and every health insurance plan is required by the Affordable Care Act to cover certain essential health benefits.1 These EHBs include substance abuse care coverage. Depending on which plan a patient has, certain drug and alcohol rehab programs and services may be covered at varying levels by their Ambetter from Meridian insurance.
If you or a loved one have Ambetter from Meridian and want to know if a specific facility is covered by your insurance for substance abuse rehab treatment, that facility can check your coverage based on information provided to them over the phone. You can also call the number on the back of your insurance card to find out more specific information about your plan, what is covered, and what facilities and treatments are covered by your Ambetter from Meridian insurance.
What Is Ambetter From Meridian?
Ambetter has been a provider of health insurance coverage plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace since 2014 and currently serves more than 2 million members from across the U.S. Ambetter partners with providers and companies in various areas of the country to design plans that serve members of local communities specifically.2 Ambetter from Meridian is a health insurance coverage provider available in the Michigan Health Insurance Marketplace from Centene’s Corporation specifically for residents in certain areas of Michigan.3 Ambetter from Meridian provides coverage options to residents of 32 counties in Michigan.4
Ambetter from Meridian offers 3 main plans as well as virtual plan options to its members in Michigan.5
- Ambetter Essential Care: This plan covers just your essential healthcare needs with the lowest monthly premiums. Plan holders may see higher out-of-pocket costs if they end up needing more extensive medical care.
- Ambetter Balanced Care: This plan covers a little more than your essential healthcare needs and provides an even balance between monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs should you need more extensive medical care.
- Ambetter Secure Care: This plan covers the most medical services of all the plans and therefore has the highest monthly premiums. However, it will save you out-of-pocket costs later for extensive medical care.
- Ambetter Virtual Access: If you are eligible for this plan, Ambetter will provide you with virtual primary care through Teladoc as well as covered access to local providers and facilities.6
Is Ambetter the same as Ambetter from Meridian?
Because Ambetter emphasizes providing plans that are best for members within their local communities, Ambetter is not the same as Ambetter from Meridian. Ambetter from Meridian is designed specifically for residents of specific areas of Michigan, while Ambetter is the overall provider of the plan.
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter from Meridian Cover?
As mentioned above, the Affordable Care Act requires that all healthcare plans cover certain essential health benefits. This includes substance abuse services. While coverage for types of treatment will vary from plan to plan, coverage of some kind will be provided to all plan holders seeking substance abuse treatment.
Specific substance treatments are different across rehab facilities, and the facilities that are covered for you will depend on the plan you have. In most cases, it will be a matter of finding a facility that treats the specific substance a patient is struggling with and that is covered by their plan. There are several commonly abused substances that most rehab facilities cover, including alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, opioids, marijuana, and prescription drugs. If you or a loved one are struggling with abuse of one of these substances, you will need to find a facility that is covered by your insurance plan that also treats the specific substance being abused.
What Does Ambetter from Meridian Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
The specifics of what your Ambetter from Meridian insurance covers for addiction treatment will be unique to your or your loved one’s plan. The most important thing is choosing the treatment plan and options that are best for your specific case to receive the help and care you need. Below are some treatment options that may be covered partially or totally by your Ambetter from Meridian insurance.
- Inpatient/residential rehab: Inpatient treatment is a popular option for those looking to recover from drug or alcohol addiction. Patients reside in a treatment facility full-time and participate in a treatment program designed for them and their case. The intensity and length of stay vary by patient.
- Outpatient rehab/therapy: For those who don’t have the time or resources to attend an inpatient rehab facility, outpatient treatment options exist and may be the best option. Just as at an inpatient facility, a treatment plan is developed for you and your specific needs, and treatment/therapy sessions are attended on a regular basis at an outpatient treatment facility. The frequency and length of these sessions vary by patient.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): Intensive outpatient programs are similar to regular outpatient programs but provide more significant support to the recovering patient. Length of sessions and treatments will vary based on each patient’s case, but IOPs are usually good options for those with more significant cases of addiction who cannot attend an inpatient program.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): These treatment programs are also a form of outpatient treatment, but the treatment takes place in a hospital setting. These programs provide the intensity and resources of an inpatient rehab program while still allowing the patient to return home at night.
Does Ambetter from Meridian Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Co-occurring disorders refer to mental health struggles that often accompany drug and alcohol abuse or addiction. It is very common for those struggling with addiction to also be struggling with depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues. If a patient needs both mental health and addiction treatment, this may affect the type of rehab they should attend and/or treatment they should receive.
The SAMHSA encourages screening those entering rehab programs for mental health disorders as well as treating both conditions in tandem. The organization also states that treating both conditions at the same time leads to better health outcomes for patients, such as an increased chance at recovery from both substance abuse and mental health disorders, better quality of life, fewer hospitalizations, and more.7
As discussed above, under the Affordable Care Act, insurance providers are required to provide coverage for substance abuse care. Another EHB insurers are required to provide coverage for is mental health care and treatment. This means that if you or a loved one needs treatment for both mental health conditions and substance abuse, Ambetter from Meridian provides at least some coverage for both mental health and co-occurring disorder treatment.
How Long Does Ambetter from Meridian Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
The length of treatment covered by your Ambetter from Meridian insurance will vary based on the plan you have, the type of treatment that’s best for you, and the facility you choose. Because there are many different types of policies and tiers of coverage, the length of stay covered by Ambetter from Meridian will depend upon your specific case. However, it is important to follow your given treatment program for the length of time that is best for you and your situation to allow you to fully conquer addiction.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse states that staying in treatment for plenty of time is crucial to successful treatment. Most patients struggling with addiction need at least 3 months to recover, but some could need longer depending on the substance abused and the severity of the addiction. In general, research shows that longer treatments yield the best outcomes for patients.8
If you’d like to look more into what kinds of treatments and the lengths of treatment your Ambetter from Meridian insurance plan might cover, you can always call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. A representative will be able to talk you through your own plan, what it covers, and what treatment options may be available to you.
What if my Ambetter from Meridian policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your Ambetter from Meridian insurance policy does not cover an inpatient rehab program, you are not out of options. There are several types of outpatient programs available that may be covered by your policy. Additionally, depending on the rehab center you choose, you might have access to financing or scholarship options. Call the facility you are interested in and speak with a financial representative. They should be able to look at your specific insurance plan and talk through your specific needs to see what kind of financing or scholarship options may be available to you.
It is critical that treatment is sought immediately when you or your loved one are ready to receive it. The longer you suffer from your addiction, the more damage it can do to your body and your life. If you are ready to receive help today, don’t hesitate to reach out to someone. You can call American Addiction Centers 24/7 at to speak with one of our admissions navigators who can help you get started in seeking treatment.
Ambetter from Meridian In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
All insurance providers have a database of providers and facilities that their plans cover at least some treatment from. Providers and facilities in this database are considered “in-network” for you and your healthcare policy. Ambetter from Meridian has its own database of in-network providers and facilities where you can find covered treatment.
If a provider or facility is not on the in-network list for your healthcare policy, you can still seek treatment there. However, expect to pay much more in out-of-pocket costs as your treatment may not be covered by insurance. Just as this applies to doctors and hospitals, this also applies to drug rehab facilities as well. Call the number on the back of your insurance card to find out if a specific provider or facility is in-network for your insurance plan.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How can I check my Ambetter from Meridian coverage for inpatient drug rehab centers in Michigan?
To see what your Ambetter from Meridian insurance covers specifically, you can always call the number on the back of your insurance information card or log in to your account at ambettermeridian.com.
American Addiction Centers is also available 24/7 to help you check what inpatient drug rehab centers in Michigan are covered by your Ambetter from Meridian policy. Fill out the form found here to check for yourself what your Ambetter from Meridian insurance plan covers. Representatives are also available via chat at americanaddictioncenters.org. You can also call the AAC helpline any time at to speak with an admissions navigator who can check your benefits with you over the phone.
AAC operates several leading treatment centers across Michigan that each provides the best-quality rehab programs possible. Use any of the methods mentioned above to see if one of our facilities might be covered by your Ambetter from Meridian healthcare policy and fit your treatment needs.