Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Mississippi
If you or a loved one lives in Mississippi and struggles with addiction, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. Approximately 6.3% of Mississippians aged 12 or older reported past-year substance abuse from 2017–2019.1, pg 26 In 2019, on a single-day count, about 6,179 people were enrolled in substance use treatment.1, pg 27 These statistics show that many others in your state are also struggling.
Going to alcohol and drug rehab in Mississippi is one way that you can get on a path to recovery, but there are costs associated with treatment. If you have a health insurance plan, including a Magnolia Health (Ambetter) Mississippi plan, you may be able to use it to cover at least some of the costs associated with rehab.
Plan coverage, your network, and deductibles may vary based on the specific plan that you have. To learn more about your Magnolia Health plan, including the number of rehab centers that may be in your plan’s network, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card.
What Is Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter)?
Ambetter from Magnolia Health is a qualified health plan issuer in the Mississippi Health Insurance Marketplace, meaning that it can sell Health Insurance Marketplace plans to Mississippians.2 Magnolia Health, the administrator of Ambetter, is the Health Insurance Marketplace product from Centene Corporation, a multinational Fortune 500 company with 30 years of managed care industry experience.2
Ambetter has 20 state health plans across the country, serving more than 2 million members.3”Experienced Healthcare” While all plans vary in coverage, Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) plans include benefits like Ambetter Telehealth, Healthcare Management Programs, My Health Pays rewards program, mail-order pharmacy plans, Start Smart for Your Baby program, a 24/7 nurse advice line, and virtual member assistant.3 “About Ambetter”
Magnolia Health (Ambetter) Mississippi offers 3 different plans, which vary on monthly premium levels, out-of-pocket expenses, coverage, and access to Ambetter’s in-network providers.4 Depending on your plan, you may have access to several rehab centers in Mississippi that accept a Magnolia Health plan, but the exact number of centers in Mississippi that accept Magnolia plans will vary.
Is Ambetter the Same as Magnolia Health?
Ambetter health plans are available in 20 different states and are administrated by various local companies, like Magnolia Health.2 It is part of Centene Corporation’s mission statement and belief that quality care is best delivered locally.2 As such, while they are not the same company, Ambetter is the health plan itself, and Magnolia Health is the underwriter and administrator of Mississippi Ambetter health plans.2
Is Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) Part of Medicare?
Members of Ambetter from Magnolia Health insurance plans may be eligible for access to WellCare, which is Magnolia Health’s Medicare Advantage (Plan C) plan.5 WellCare is a health maintenance organization (HMO) plan with a Medicare contract.5 With a WellCare plan, you will have access to traditional Plan C benefits, like some prescription drug coverage as well as extra benefits that are not covered by Medicare Part A and Part B.5
What Substance Addiction Does Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) Cover?
Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) covers substance addiction treatment in some capacity. This may include treatment for substance addiction related to substances such as alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, opioids, marijuana, and prescription drugs. To know more about what your Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) covers, call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to an Ambetter from Magnolia Health representative.
What Does Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
What is covered in addiction treatment under your Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) insurance plan varies depending on the plan you have and where you seek care. Common addiction treatment programs that may be covered under your Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) insurance plan may include:
- Inpatient/residential rehab – An inpatient or residential rehab program involves staying at a facility 24/7 for a period of time (e.g., days, weeks, or months) to receive medical supervision and care.6, Pg 8, “What types of treatment programs are available?”
- Outpatient rehab/therapy – With an outpatient program, care involves visiting a facility to receive care (e.g., therapy or counseling) 1–2 times per week.6, Pg 10, Para 2
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) – With an IOP, care involves attending a minimum number of hours of outpatient treatments each week.6, Pg 10, Para 3
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). With a PHP, which is also known as a day program, care involves receiving treatment for 4–8 hours each day for multiple days a week.6, Pg 10, Para 1
Does Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Under the federal health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), almost all health plans in the United States are required to cover specific essential health benefits in some capacity.7 This mandate applies to Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) plans, as they are federal Marketplace plans. Specifically, your Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) plan must cover mental health and substance abuse treatment in some capacity.8
Under the ACA, this means that stand-alone drug rehab treatment and co-occurring disorder treatment will be covered in some capacity under your plan. A co-occurring disorder occurs when someone has both a mental health disorder and a substance use disorder.9 Treating both conditions at the same time is essential for positive outcomes, as each condition can influence and exacerbate the other.9
How Long Does Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
How long your Magnolia Health Mississippi plan covers inpatient alcohol and drug rehab programs will vary based on the plan you have and the facility at which you receive care. Despite this variance in coverage, it’s important to note that longer treatment outcomes are traditionally more effective. Specifically, treatment should last at least 90 days to maintain positive outcomes.10
Verifying your benefits and coverage is essential to understanding what rehab costs you may incur. You can do this by calling the number on the back of your insurance card or logging in to your online portal to view your benefits documents.
What If My Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If your Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) policy does not cover inpatient drug rehab program costs or other rehab costs, you may have to pay for those costs out of pocket. Depending on the rehab center chosen, you may be eligible to receive financing or scholarship opportunities to help offset the costs of rehab. It’s important to prioritize getting the care you need now.
Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
An in-network provider is part of your Magnolia Health Mississippi (Ambetter) health plan to provide services at a predetermined price.11, Questions About Plans and Benefits Typically, visiting an in-network provider under your plan is less expensive than visiting an out-of-network provider.11 To find an in-network provider near you, you can use the Find a Doctor tool. You can also call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative.
What Rehab Centers Take Magnolia Health Mississippi Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Magnolia Health (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Mississippi?
If you intend to use your health insurance to finance rehab costs, many others in the state of Mississippi will too. There’s not an exact number of people who use their Magnolia Health (Ambetter) Coverage to finance rehab, but with 2 million nationwide members, many likely do.2 Checking your Magnolia Health (Ambetter) coverage for inpatient drug rehab centers in Mississippi may seem overwhelming, but it is a relatively simple task. You can call the number on the back of your insurance card, log on to your online portal, or even reach out to the rehab center itself to ask them to help you verify your benefits and coverage.
If you have chosen a luxury rehab at an American Addiction Centers facility, including the Oxford Treatment Center in Mississippi, an admissions navigator can help you verify your benefits and coverage. By calling the AAC helpline, you can speak to a person who can help you go over your benefits while on the phone to help you get answers right away.