If you have coverage through the SilverSummit Healthplan of Nevada, you will get some type of coverage for drug treatment. All of the SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada healthcare plans include psychotherapy and counseling, inpatient care, and substance abuse treatment.1, Mental and Behavioral Health Services That means if you’re struggling with a substance abuse disorder, you will be able to get the help you need to recover.
However, just because SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada offers substance abuse treatment, it does not mean it covers every single facility and rehab center. Instead, it only offers coverage at in-network locations—places where it has negotiated rates with. If you choose an out-of-network rehab, unfortunately, your insurance likely won’t foot the bill.
To know for sure if your SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada insurance coverage will be accepted at a particular facility, you have a couple of options. One is to ask the rehab center directly—they’ll be able to check based on your insurance information. Or you can also call the number on the back of your insurance card for more information about your specific plan.
In Nevada, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) has a record of 86 practicing substance use treatment facilities.2, search for Nevada state + SU According to the Ambetter provider locator search tool, there are 21 in-network substance abuse and rehabilitation providers throughout the state for a majority of SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada plans, meaning roughly one in four locations across the state is covered.3, search for Nevada state and substance abuse and rehabilitation
What Is SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter)?
SilverSummit Healthplan is a managed care organization that provides Medicaid services to Nevada residents in Clark and Washoe Counties.4, second paragraph It’s owned by the Centene Corporation, an organization that manages numerous government-sponsored healthcare insurance companies across the country, providing coverage for more than 26 million members in all 50 states.5, By The Numbers
To provide non-Medicaid services to Nevada residents, SilverSummit Healthplan partners with Ambetter. You can access this coverage through the Nevada Health Insurance Marketplace. Unlike other states, which use the HealthCare.gov national marketplace, Nevada has its own marketplace called Nevada Health Link. Combining both SilverSummit Healthplan’s Medicaid and Ambetter offerings, it provides insurance for more than 77,599 members across the state of Nevada.6, last paragraph
Currently, SilverSummit covered Nevada plans are available in the following counties:6, the list
- Carson City
- White Pine
You have four main SilverSummit Healthplan insurance plans to choose from. These include:
- Ambetter Value Plan: This is only available in Clark and Nye Counties and is the lowest-priced offering. You’ll need a referral to see any specialist, including a drug rehab specialist or counselor.7, the main paragraph and list
- Ambetter Essential Care (Bronze) Plan: This plan provides coverage for your essential needs with lower monthly premiums and higher out-of-pocket costs.8, Ambetter Essential Care If you’re using your SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada insurance for drug treatment, it means you might pay more for your services.
- Ambetter Balanced Care (Silver) Plan: This plan provides a good balance between monthly premium payments and out-of-pocket costs.8, Ambetter Balanced Care Using this SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada insurance for drug treatment programs could save you some money overall.
- Ambetter Secure Care (Gold) Plan: This plan has the highest monthly premiums, but it also offers the most coverage.8, Ambetter Secure Care This means you’ll have the lowest out-of-pocket costs for your rehab treatment with this plan.
Want to search for treatment centers that might take your SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) insurance in Nevada? Check out our treatment locator.
What Substance Addiction Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Cover?
The good news is that your SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada rehab coverage provides help for a wide range of addictions. That’s because mental health and substance abuse are considered essential health benefits by the Affordable Care Act.9, main header This means whether you’re dealing with alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, opioid, marijuana, or prescription drug abuse, you can get the help you need to get better.
Of course, certain facilities specialize in treating certain addictions, so always check to make sure the facility you’re considering knows how to treat your substances of choice.
What Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada rehab coverage likely covers a wide range of treatments. You may qualify for one or more of the following options:
- Inpatient/residential rehab: With inpatient care, you’ll live at a facility for anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to help yourself wean off drugs, learn coping mechanisms, and address your issues in therapy.
- Outpatient rehab/therapy: Outpatient therapy isn’t as intense as inpatient therapy. You’ll still live at home, but you’ll likely attend therapy or counseling sessions several times a week to help you recover.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): Intensive outpatient programs are kind of a mix of inpatient and outpatient care. You’ll attend therapy and counseling sessions every day but then return home at night to sleep.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): One step up from intensive outpatient programs are partial hospitalization programs. You’ll also attend sessions every day, but for a longer period.
Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Sometimes, people who suffer from substance abuse also have a co-occurring disorder, like depression or anxiety. Often, co-occurring disorders fuel each other, making each problem worse than it would be on its own.
When a person has both a mental health condition and a substance abuse disorder, they typically have higher rates of relapse. They may try self-treating their mental health condition with substances. On the other hand, their substance abuse may get so severe that it leads to depression, which can make it hard to stop using.
Because of this, it’s best to treat co-occurring disorders together. That way, you can address both problems at once to reduce your chances of relapsing. Luckily, the Affordable Care Act requires all insurance providers—including SilverSummit Healthplan PPO Nevada—to offer coverage for both mental health care and substance abuse treatment. Both co-occurring disorder treatment and standalone drug rehab fall under this mandate.9, list
How Long Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
The length of time SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) rehab coverage lasts depends on both your specific plan and individual needs. Typically, each plan has a different tier of coverage that mandates how long it will pay for specific services. It also depends on what your healthcare provider prescribes.
Generally, treatment longer than 90 days is recommended for the best outcomes.10, first paragraph Treatment lasting even longer can have greater effects. If your doctor recommends methadone maintenance treatment, that should last a year or longer, depending on how you respond.
If you’re curious about how long SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada Insurance will provide substance abuse treatment coverage, it’s a good idea to call the number on the back of your card. That way, you can ask your insurance company directly.
What if My SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If, for some reason, you do not qualify for an inpatient drug rehab program through SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada mental health coverage, you have other options. Look into financing or scholarship options available to low-income residents. Many states and local counties offer funding for people trying to get treatment. And some facilities may even offer you a cash discount or a payment plan.
Whatever you do, don’t put off treatment for later. Getting help now is critical. If you wait any longer, it may be too late.
SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
To make sure you receive coverage for your care, choose a facility that is in-network. This means that SilverSummit Healthplan has already negotiated rates with the facility and offers guaranteed coverage.
SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada out of network coverage isn’t guaranteed. That’s because the insurance company doesn’t have a special relationship with the facility and isn’t getting any discounts. If you still choose a facility like this, you’ll be responsible for whatever your insurance company doesn’t cover—which should be most of the bill.
For reference, detox can cost around $7,000 total, and 30 days of inpatient rehab can cost $27,000 total. With insurance, you’d like only have to pay up to your out-of-pocket max for these services, which is typically only a few thousand dollars. That’s why it pays to make sure the rehab you’re choosing is in-network. The easiest way to do this is to ask the rehab to check with your insurance company directly.
What Rehab Centers Take SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Nevada?
If you’re still uncertain about how to see if your SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada behavioral health coverage will work at a specific inpatient drug rehab center, American Addiction Centers can help. A helpful representative can take your insurance information and see what services you qualify for and what your out-of-pocket cost would be.
To learn more, all you have to do is call our helpline today. We’ll help you see what your SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada insurance covers when it comes to rehabilitation centers across the state. Someone will help you check your benefits right while you’re on the phone so you can get answers right away—all while being completely confidential.
Just over 9,000 people are admitted in Nevada every year for treatment at a substance abuse rehab center.11, added 2018 numbers from figure 52, p. 40 While it’s hard to know exactly how many have SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) Nevada Insurance rehab coverage, one thing’s for certain—you are not alone in your quest for sobriety. And American Addiction Centers can help.
Our Desert Hope Treatment Center offers a number of evidence-based therapies to help you recover, including motivational interviewing, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, and rational emotive behavior therapy. With the help of our kind and educated staff, you can finally start on your way to feeling like yourself again.