Addiction can affect every aspect of your life, from your work to your finances to your relationships. Choosing to step away from substances to live a better life is courageous and one of the best decisions you can make. The next step is to choose a rehab that can help you create the habits that enable a substance-free lifestyle.
If you have health insurance with Ambetter of North Carolina, you might wonder if you can get help with affording addiction treatment. Fortunately, the answer is yes. How much coverage you get will depend on your specific plan with Ambetter of North Carolina, but this guide will help you understand what types of treatment you can access and how to maximize your insurance coverage.
Ambetter of North Carolina insurance includes 40 providers in its network that have a specialty of “substance abuse and rehabilitation” in the Southeastern US alone, with many more throughout the country.1, graphic To check your coverage for a specific rehab program, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card to find out.
What Is Ambetter of North Carolina?
Ambetter of North Carolina healthcare plans are the Health Insurance Marketplace product offered by Centene Corporation.2, first paragraph Centene Corporation is a multinational company with decades of experience in the managed care industry; the company created Ambetter plans to offer high-quality, locally-focused healthcare to members.2, second paragraph
Ambetter of North Carolina insurance plans have three coverage levels—the Bronze-level Essential Care plan, the Silver-level Balanced Care plan, and the Gold-level Secure Care plan.3, top graphic All of the plans offer the 10 essential benefits required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which include mental health and substance abuse care.3, You’re Covered on Essential Benefits
Ambetter of North Carolina insurance coverage also includes additional benefits, such as a health rewards program, a 24/7 nurse advice line, tele-health services, and more.4, second paragraph Ambetter has 2 million members across the United States.4, First paragraph
Is Ambetter the Same as Ambetter of North Carolina?
Ambetter of North Carolina is one of the branches of its parent company, Ambetter.4, first paragraph Ambetter has additional branches in other states.
Is Ambetter of North Carolina Part of Medicare?
Medicare is a national health program designed to offer coverage to those who are older, have specific illnesses, or are disabled.5, What’s Medicare Ambetter of North Carolina offers family and individual plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace.3, top paragraph This means that Medicare and Ambetter of North Carolina are entirely different organizations that offer unrelated health plans.
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter of North Carolina Cover?
There are a variety of substances that someone might be abusing if they struggle with substance use. You can get rehab treatment for most of these substances, including commonly used drugs like alcohol, cocaine, crystal meth, opioids, marijuana, heroin, and prescription drugs.6, bulleted list You don’t have to resign yourself to struggling for the rest of your life. Instead, use your Ambetter of North Carolina rehab coverage to get the treatment you need to create a new life. You’ll be so glad you did.
What Does Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
Your doctor will determine the specific substance use treatment that’s best suited for your needs. This assessment will look at factors like your home environment, the substances you use, and how long you’ve been using them. Your insurance will focus on providing medically-necessary care, and there are several ways to get treatment for substance use.
Some of the rehab options you might explore include:7,8
- Inpatient treatment programs: An inpatient treatment center invites you to live at the location full-time for several weeks or months. During therapy, you’ll be participating in group and individual counseling as well as a variety of activities. The aim is to assist you in developing new habits while living away from your normal setting so that you may maintain a drug-free life after graduation.
- Outpatient programs: Outpatient therapy may be useful for transitioning out of an inpatient or residential setting, or it might be the first treatment choice if your substance use is minor. You’ll live at home and go to treatment a few times a week. This therapy helps you develop responsibility while also encouraging you to work through your emotions and develop healthy habits.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP): An IOP allows you to receive intensive, specialized treatment while remaining at home. An IOP might be a smart alternative if you can live at home safely but require more assistance than a typical outpatient program provides. You’ll participate in therapy for several hours each week.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP): A PHP is a full-time program that provides intensive, full-time treatment. You spend the night at home, but treatment is at least five days a week and lasts several hours each day. This allows you to develop the habits you need to be successful in living without substances.
Does Ambetter of North Carolina Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
If you have a mental health diagnosis and also struggle with substance use, you’re far from alone. In fact, 50% of those who struggle with substance use also have a mental health diagnosis like anxiety, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or others.9, second paragraph
A co-occurring disorder is a condition that occurs simultaneously with another issue, such as substance abuse. According to studies, getting treatment for both your mental health and addiction simultaneously is significantly more effective than treating just one or the other.10, first paragraph
You can rely on your Ambetter of North Carolina rehab coverage to provide help with both mental health care and substance use treatment. Both are part of the 10 essential benefits that long-term insurance plans are required to provide at least some coverage for.11, bulleted list, fifth bullet The specific amount of coverage and how much you have to pay will depend on your individual insurance plan, so be sure to verify your insurance coverage before committing to a rehab program.
How Long Does Ambetter of North Carolina Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
The length of substance use treatment varies depending on the program you choose and what your specific needs are. Your insurance plan will focus on providing medically necessary treatment. Studies have shown that most people need at least 3 months of treatment to significantly reduce or stop using substances.12, point 5
It’s important to choose a treatment program that’s the right length for your needs and then to follow through and complete the entire program. It can be tempting to leave early if you start feeling better, but without addressing underlying causes and forming new habits you’ll simply fall back into the same patterns when you return home.
Remember that you can double-check the coverage you have for specific programs by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
What if My Ambetter of North Carolina Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If you find a program that you’d like to attend, but your insurance plan doesn’t offer coverage, don’t give up. There are a lot of ways to pay for rehab treatment even if your Ambetter of North Carolina mental health coverage doesn’t apply.
For example, you could look at setting up a payment plan with the rehab, or see if the program offers any scholarships. You might also borrow money to pay for treatment, knowing that when you are substance-free, you’ll be in a far better position to pay it back.
It’s vital to get treatment as soon as possible. Every day you wait increases the chance that you’ll have serious health concerns or end up in legal trouble. Get started with substance use treatment today to maximize the benefits you’ll gain from a substance-free life.
Ambetter of North Carolina In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
There might be specific rehab centers that are within the provider network and others that are not. What does that mean? Every insurance plan has specific providers that agree to give care to members for a set price.13, p. 1, What’s a provider network That makes them a preferred provider, or part of the provider network. Depending on the plan, there may be no non-emergency coverage outside the network, and if you can get coverage out-of-network, it will be more expensive.13, p. 3, first paragraph
Because you might not have Ambetter of North Carolina out-of-network coverage, it’s important to focus your search on in-network providers. Fortunately, there are a variety of rehab centers that are in the insurance plan network around the country. You can find out if a rehab center is in the Ambetter of North Carolina network by contacting the insurance company directly or asking the rehab center. With a little bit of information, they can verify your coverage in just a few minutes.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Ambetter of North Carolina Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in North Carolina?
If you’re interested in finding a high-quality rehab center, one of the best ways to get the treatment you need is to contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) to find out what facilities are covered by your insurance plan.
For example, AAC has two excellent treatment centers in Florida and one in Mississippi. And if you want to look at treatment outside the region, consider California, Texas, or even New Jersey. There are high-quality AAC options all over the country that will allow you to get a fresh start.
You can call the AAC helpline anytime, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. Our Admissions Navigators are happy to answer your questions about how treatment works and let you know what centers accept your insurance plan. Finding a center that meets your needs will help you take the first steps toward a happier, healthier life.
If you are struggling with substance use, you deserve treatment that helps you break free. Treatment centers offer a variety of programs and services to meet your needs, and you can use your Ambetter of North Carolina insurance to help cover addiction treatment. There is no need to continue to suffer—contact us to get help today.