Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter) Covered Alcohol and Drug rehab centers in Texas
Choosing to break free from problems with substance use is difficult and courageous. Most people find that they can’t do it alone—they need help. Going to an alcohol or drug rehab center can help you get the support you need to create new habits and live a better life.
If you have coverage through Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan of Texas, you might wonder if you can get coverage for rehab treatment. Since Superior HealthPlan (Ambetter) insurance in Texas is a Health Insurance Marketplace plan, the good news is that it does provide coverage for mental health and substance use treatment.1, Top bulleted list, 5th bullet There are 200 substance use treatment centers in the U.S. that are within the core network for Superior HealthPlan (Ambetter) Texas healthcare plans.2, map
This guide will give you more information about how to use Superior HealthPlan (Ambetter) Texas insurance coverage for addiction treatment. Keep in mind that rehab centers you’re interested in can check your coverage for you as well, using information you provide such as your plan name and group code. You can also call the number on the back of your card to get more information about your coverage.
What Is Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter)?
Ambetter is the health insurance marketplace product from Superior HealthPlan.3, first paragraph They focus on delivering high-quality healthcare locally by providing a variety of options in the plan’s local area.3, first paragraph Superior HealthPlan is owned and operated by Centene Corporation, a multinational company with a large portfolio of health solutions.3, second paragraph
Ambetter offers a wide variety of benefits, from telehealth services to rewards for healthy activities to healthcare management programs.4, About Ambetter tab bulleted list There is a 24/7 Nurse Advice line for members; some health insurance plans can add dental and vision insurance.4, About Ambetter tab bulleted list Ambetter offers coverage to more than 2 million members nationwide in 20 states, giving them a wealth of experience to help them provide the best care available.4, Experienced healthcare tab
Can you use Superior HealthPlan (Ambetter) rehab coverage within Texas? Yes—in Ambetter’s Core provider network, there are 22 substance use rehab providers in Dallas alone.5, map
Is Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter) Part of Medicare?
Superior HealthPlan includes a variety of health insurance products. Ambetter is the Health Insurance Marketplace plan, and Superior also works with the state of Texas to provide Medicaid plans.6, Texas Healthcare Programs Superior HealthPlans also provides a separate Medicare Advantage Plan.6, Texas Healthcare Programs Ambetter is not part of Medicare, but you can get Medicare plans from Superior HealthPlans.6, Texas Healthcare Plans
Is Ambetter the Same as Superior HealthPlan?
Ambetter is offered by Superior HealthPlan, but it is only one of the many programs available.6, Texas Healthcare Plans Superior HealthPlan is the company that offers Ambetter as an option on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
What Substance Addiction Does Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter) Cover?
People can struggle with a wide range of substances. For example, in Texas, 11.8% of those over age 12 reported using marijuana in the past year.7, p. 25, second paragraph Past-year heroin use was reported by 35,000 people, and 3.7% of Texas over 12 reported misusing prescription pain relievers. 7, p 27 and 28, second paragraph on both
Some of the substances people misuse and get treatment for include alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, opioids, marijuana, prescription drugs, and others.8, bulleted list Knowing how to use your Superior HealthPlan (Ambetter) Texas rehab coverage to get the health you need can allow you to stop depending on these substances and live a happier, healthier life.
What Does Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter) Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
There are a lot of different types of treatment that can help you break free from substance misuse. The exact treatment plan that’s best for you will be determined by your doctor based on what substances you use, how long you’ve been using substances, and more. Your doctor may recommend inpatient residential treatment, outpatient treatment, or other options.
Some of the common treatment options for substance use are:9,10
- Inpatient residential rehab allows you to live at the facility while receiving full-time treatment. This is a good option for those who need longer-term intensive treatment or those whose home environment is a substance use trigger.
- Outpatient programs and therapy allow you to get support in forming new habits and living a substance-free life while you continue to live at home. This can be a good option after a residential program or if you need less intensive treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) allow you to get more intense therapy and support while still living at home. You’ll receive treatment several hours a week but spend evenings and weekends at home.
- Partial Hospitalization is a treatment option where you get full-time treatment but spend the nights at home. If you need intensive treatment but your home is not a substance use trigger, this could be a good option.
Does Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Mental health care is one of the 10 essential benefits that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires long-term health plans to cover.1, Top bulleted list, 5th bullet That means that you can use Superior HealthPlan (Ambetter) Texas mental health coverage along with substance use coverage.
Many people who struggle with substance use also have a mental health disorder. In fact, 50% of those who have substance use disorder have a mental health diagnosis at the same time, which is known as a co-occurring disorder.11, second paragraph It’s essential to treat both your mental health concerns and substance use disorder together. Studies have shown that integrated treatment has a far better outcome than treating only one problem or the other.12, first paragraph
The amount of coverage you get will depend on your specific plan, but because of the ACA mandates, you can have confidence that your Superior HealthPlan Texas Ambetter plan will help you with both your mental health and substance use concerns.
How Long Does Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
The coverage you receive will depend on the specific Ambetter Superior HealthPlan insurance plan you choose and your unique medical needs. It’s important that treatment plans be long enough—research indicates that most people with substance use disorder need at least 3 months of treatment to reduce or stop their drug use.13, point 5 The best outcomes happen with longer durations of treatment.13, point 5
If you want to learn more about the specific types of treatment that your insurance plan will cover, you can use the phone number on the back of your insurance card to get more information on your plan’s coverage options.
What if My Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter) Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
It might be possible that the program you’re interested in won’t be partially or fully covered by your health insurance plan. If that’s the case, don’t assume you can’t get the treatment you need. For example, if you’re looking at an inpatient program that isn’t one of the Superior HealthPlan covered Texas plans, you can ask about setting up a payment plan. Or you could find out if there are scholarships available. Sometimes you might be able to get a personal loan or borrow money from family and friends.
Getting treatment as soon as possible is essential. None of us know what tomorrow holds, and there’s no reason to risk your life by continuing to use substances when the help you need is available. Plus, you’ll be physically and financially better off once you complete treatment, making it easier to repay loans.
Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter) In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
All health insurance plans have a specific provider network that has agreed to accept specific levels of payment for health services.14, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network It’s important to choose an in-network provider for your healthcare because many health insurance plans don’t cover any non-emergency care outside the network.14, p. 3, second paragraph
You will pay more if you use an out-of-network provider for any kind of treatment including substance use rehab than if you use an in-network provider.14, p 3, second paragraph Make sure you research the programs that can offer the rehab services you need so that you choose one within the Ambetter provider network.
What Rehab Centers Take Superior HealthPlan Texas (Ambetter) Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Superior HealthPlan (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Texas?
If you’re interested in verifying your health insurance coverage for addiction treatment, American Addiction Centers (AAC) can help. You can contact our helpline and speak to our Admissions Navigators at any time. We can check your benefits while you’re on the phone in just a few minutes.
AAC is proud to operate top-quality treatment centers in Texas, such as the Greenhouse Treatment Center. Located in Dallas, this center offers a wide variety of treatment options. There is a specialty program for LGBTQ adults. At the Greenhouse Treatment Center, you’ll enjoy two pools, a hot tub, spa services, and more as you learn to live a healthy, substance-free life.
There’s no time like today to get started on your treatment. You’ll be so glad you took the first step. Contact us to learn more about how your insurance can help you get the treatment you need.