Does Anthem BCBS of Connecticut insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut substance abuse treatment coverage is a part of Anthem’s behavioral health division.1(top) Behavioral health is an integral part of Anthem BCBS Connecticut medical care, so you don’t need to worry about going through a different department or using different insurance. 1(top) Your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of CT coverage will be adequate if the rehab facility in question accepts it. 1(top)
You can call the number on the back of your card to find out more information about what type of Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Connecticut coverage you have and whether the facility you are considering is in-network with your insurance. If you want to make the process even simpler, call the substance abuse rehab center directly, and they can verify your insurance for you over the phone. Whether you want to connect via phone, online chat, or through an SSVOB form, there are plenty of ways to check the status of your insurance benefits.
How To Find Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in CT?
When you contact American Addiction Centers (AAC), they will quickly and confidently verify your Anthem Connecticut drug rehab insurance coverage for you. If you prefer speaking to a live representative, you can contact an AAC helpline 24/7 by calling . Someone will check your benefits and point you in the direction of one of their top-quality rehab centers near you.
Connecticut had 69,315 people over the age of 12 who were admitted to a substance abuse facility in 2017.2(p.500) In that same year, people in Connecticut used the following payment methods to cover their substance abuse treatment:3(p37 bottom)
- 192 people used cash or self-payment.
- 169 people used private health insurance.
- 115 people used Medicare.
- 180 people used Medicaid.
- 143 people used state-financed health insurance.
- 152 people used the sliding fee scale.
- 99 people used treatment at no charge for clients who couldn’t pay.
What Is Anthem BCBS of Connecticut?
Anthem is part of the WellPoint, Inc. family, which was the result of a merger between WellPoint Health Networks Inc. and Anthem Inc. in 2004.4(top) In 2014, they changed their name to Anthem Inc., and they are one of the largest healthcare insurance companies in the United States. 4(middle) With approximately 1.5 million members in Connecticut and 34 million in the other covered states, Anthem Inc., is a growing healthcare solution dedicated to providing personalized care as well as nationwide coverage.5(top)
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut insurance rehab is in the following states:6(footer)
- Missouri (excluding 30 counties in the Kansas City area)
- New Hampshire
- Virginia (excluding the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.)
How Much Does Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut benefits will vary depending on several factors. When you sign up for Anthem, you will select one of the four metal categories available for the plan. These are bronze, silver, gold, and platinum.7(middle) Each of the metal categories has different premiums and deductibles, which affect your out-of-pocket costs.
Your specific plan will also determine the amount of coverage you will have for the following type of Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut drug treatment:
- Inpatient/residential rehab treatment: This treatment program is more intensive in that you will stay at the facility overnight. An inpatient rehab facility is staffed with doctors and other medical clinicians who are experienced in administering therapeutic care, including detox and therapy.7
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP is staffed with medical professionals too and provides quality supervision and care. The main difference between this program and the inpatient program is that you can go home each night.8
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): This type of therapy is on an outpatient basis, but it is more intense than a standard program. You attend therapy several hours a day and many times a week.7
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: This is a standard therapy that is typically once or twice a week.7
You can find out the specifics about Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut drug detox treatment coverage by using any of the methods mentioned above — calling the number on your insurance card, contacting the rehab facility by phone, or engaging in an online chat.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut Provide Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
Recovering from a substance use disorder often requires a comprehensive approach for treatment. Often people need mental health treatment along with rehab treatment because of comorbidities. In fact, it’s common for people with substance use disorder to also have a mental illness.9(How common) Additionally, people with a mental illness often end up with substance abuse issues. 9(why) So it’s vital to seek a comprehensive program that will treat both conditions.9(How are these comorbid)
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut providers follows the Affordable Care Act (ACA) guidelines, which state you have rights to essential care, including substance abuse and mental health care.10
Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut Cover Addiction Treatment Therapies?
As part of your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Connecticut therapy coverage, you will encounter evidence-based therapies designed to do the following:11(how are behavioral therapies used)
- Change behavior and beliefs concerning drugs and alcohol.
- Educate and enhance healthy living.
- Assist with relapse prevention.
Some of the therapies that you may participate in include the following:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): This helps you realize problem situations and avoid them as well as cope with stressful situations that may be a trigger to use drugs.
- Multidimensional family therapy: This is designed to assist the overall family functioning.
- Motivational interviewing: This therapy prepares you to enter the rehab program.
- Motivational incentives (contingency management): During this program, you will receive positive reinforcement, which encourages drug abstinence.
How Long Does Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
You may have thought about how long a stay at Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield residential treatment centers in CT usually lasts. Of course, everyone is different, so the length of time may vary. Since addiction is a chronic disease, it may be necessary to continue with treatment even after you complete the initial detox program, so you won’t relapse.11 For your initial time in a substance abuse facility, most professionals recommend staying for at least three months.11
You can call the number on the back of your card to find out how long your policy will cover.
What If My Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Rehab Program?
It’s critical to seek treatment at one of Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut Insurance’s drug treatment programs, even if you’re unsure about your coverage. There are other options for payment if needed. Depending on the rehab you choose, you might be able to arrange a financing payment agreement or sign up for the sliding scale fee plan. Either way, it’s best to explore all options instead of putting off your health and well-being.
Anthem BCBS of Connecticut In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
When a doctor, hospital, or rehab facility has a contract with Anthem BCBS Connecticut, they are in the network and called in-network providers.12 That means they can provide quality care, and you can use them without having to pay extra.12 Choosing a provider who is not in this network is called out of network, and if you use them, there will be an additional cost.12
What Rehab Centers Take Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How To Verify Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Insurance Coverage for Drug Rehab Centers?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) can verify your Anthem BCBS of Connecticut rehabilitation centers coverage with a simple phone call. When you call , an admissions navigator will assist you with verifying your information confidentially and route you to the proper facility near you.
AAC offers leading treatment across the nation, with many top-notch facilities. Take the first step in your health today by reaching out.