Does Anthem BCBS of Georgia Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
If you’re dealing with any type of drug or alcohol addiction issue, you may be wondering about treatment options. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia provides addiction coverage under the umbrella of behavioral health.1(top) With options for individual and family plans, plus Medicare and Medicaid options, you are sure to find the substance abuse treatment you require.1(top)
By calling the number on the back of your Anthem BCBS Georgia insurance card, you can find out more information about the specifics of the addiction coverage. You can also inquire with the facility you want to stay at to see if they are in-network with your insurance. Simplify the process by calling the substance abuse rehab center directly and asking them to verify your insurance over the phone. It doesn’t take long, and everything is confidential. There are numerous ways to find out about your insurance coverage, including phone, online chat, or filling out an SSVOB form.
How To Find Anthem BCBS of Georgia Covered Inpatient Treatment Centers in GA?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is a top provider of quality Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia drug treatment. Their facilities rate as some of the top in the nation, with locations all across the United States. When you contact AAC, they will verify your insurance coverage over the phone. The helpline is available 24/7 and can be reached by calling . With their assistance, you can find out where the closest substance abuse facility is to you.
When dealing with substance abuse, you are not alone. There were 25,466 people in Georgia who sought rehab treatment in 2017.2(p.56) Not everyone uses the same type of payment method. The following types of payments were accepted for substance abuse treatment in 2017: 2(p.57)
- 262 people used cash or self-payment.
- 154 people used private health insurance.
- 96 people used Medicare.
- 145 people used Medicaid.
- 115 people used state-financed health insurance.
- 147 people used the sliding fee scale.
- 112 people used treatment at no charge for clients who couldn’t pay.
Take action today by contacting the helpline at AAC to find out about your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia substance abuse treatment coverage.
What Is Anthem BCBS of Georgia?
Considered one of the largest health insurance groups in the United States, Anthem BCBS is the result of a merger between WellPoint Health Networks Inc. and Anthem Inc.3 The merger occurred in 2004, and the name was officially changed to Anthem Inc. in 2014.3
Anthem BlueCross BlueShield serves over 45 million people within its family of health plans and 117 million altogether.4 You can find Anthem coverage in the following states:5(footer)
- Missouri (excluding 30 counties in the Kansas City area)
- New Hampshire
- Virginia (excluding the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.)
How Much Does Anthem BCBS of Georgia Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia substance abuse benefits will depend on the severity of your condition, and the amount covered is also dependent on the metal level you select. There are three metal levels with Anthem BCBS of Georgia, which are Bronze, Gold, and Silver.6 Each of these will have differing premiums and deductibles. Your out-of-pocket costs at the time of service can vary.6
The type of Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia drug treatment that is covered by your plan may be any of the following:
- Residential treatment program: This type of treatment may be long- or short-term and involves staying at the facility 24/7 for the duration.7(third down) An inpatient rehab facility is staffed with doctors and other medical clinicians who are experienced in addiction treatment. You’ll participate in detox and therapy while there.7
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): This program is similar to an inpatient program because it has the medical staff you need for detox. The main difference is you can go home each night.8
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): With an IOP, you attend therapy multiple days a week for much of the day.9
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: This is a standard therapy that is typically once a twice a week.9
You can find out more details about the coverage for Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia drug detox treatment by calling the number on your insurance card.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Provide Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
Mental illness and substance use disorder often occur together. 10(How common) It’s important to find out if you do have a mental health disorder because co-occurring conditions are best treated together. 10(How are these comorbid)
You can discuss your concerns when you speak to an admissions navigator at the rehab facility. They can evaluate you for co-occurring conditions. With Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia insurance coverage, you will be able to treat both issues together. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of GA follows the guidelines of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which is guaranteed to provide essential care such as substance abuse rehab and mental health care.11
Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Cover Addiction Treatment Therapies?
When beginning a treatment program covered by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Georgia, you can count on evidence-based therapies to guide you in your journey to better health and well-being.9(how are behavioral therapies used) Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia provides addiction treatment therapies within its behavioral health division. 1(top) Through participating in these addiction therapies, you will gain skills to help change behavior, learn healthy habits, cope with triggering situations, and avoid using drugs. 9(how are behavioral therapies used)
How Long Does Anthem BCBS of Georgia Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
If you’re wondering how long Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Georgia therapy coverage will last, it depends on the specific policy you have. However, it’s essential to stay in rehab long enough to get adequate help. Since addiction is a complex disease that affects the functioning of the brain, it can lead to issues with relapse.12(1) That’s why you may want to consider staying in a substance abuse program for an extended period.
The minimum amount of time you need in a rehab program is typically three months, according to professionals in the field.12(#5)
You can call the number on the back of your card to find out how long your policy will cover.
What If My Anthem BCBS of Georgia Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Rehab?
If you’re concerned about not having adequate Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia drug detox treatment, you can take comfort in knowing there may be other options available for you. You can check with the rehab facility and find out if they offer financing. They may be able to give you a sliding scale fee discount or arrange for you to make payments without interest. You can inquire about scholarships or other modes of financial aid, too. Don’t put off taking care of your addiction issues because the problem will only intensify.
Anthem BCBS of Georgia In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
Doctors and facilities that have a contract with Anthem are in-network providers. They will provide a discounted price for services that can be passed on to you. It makes sense to choose from the in-network list of providers, so your insurance will pay for the services.
Using an out-of-network provider will increase your out-of-pocket costs.
What Rehab Centers Take Anthem BCBS of Georgia Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How To Verify Anthem BCBS of Georgia Insurance Coverage for Rehab?
You can find out what rehab facilities are in-network with Anthem BCBS Georgia by contacting AAC. They will verify your insurance coverage and connect you with one of their outstanding facilities. With locations across the U.S., you’re sure to be in-network with one of AAC’s top-quality facilities.
Contact the helpline by calling and talk directly with an admissions navigator for more details about your insurance coverage. Find the path to a new beginning today.