Does BCBS of Arkansas Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Struggling with addiction is exhausting and has a huge impact on your life. Fortunately, you can get treatment—and your health insurance can help you pay for it. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas is the largest insurer in Arkansas and has provided health insurance for Arkansas residents for over 70 years.1, Company overview
All Blue Cross companies offer a variety of resources for substance use disorder treatment. To find out exactly what’s covered under your plan, you can call the number on the back of your membership card. You can also use our benefits check form to review how your insurance can help you get treatment at American Addiction Centers (AAC).
Feel free to reach out to us through chat, email, or by phone. We’re here to help you move forward into a substance-free, healthy life.
How to Find BCBS of Arkansas Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in AR?
There are many ways to find covered inpatient drug treatment centers that are covered by your plan. You can call the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas phone number located on the back of your card to talk to a representative that can help you understand your options.
You can also sign in to your BCBS member account and search for providers within the Arkansas drug rehab network for BCBS. Or, you can reach out to providers directly.
For example, we provide a variety of ways for you to reach American Addiction Centers. You can use our benefit form to verify your coverage and learn more about your out-of-pocket costs, or you can email or chat with us. Or, simply call us and we can verify your benefits right over the phone.
AAC is proud to have a variety of top-notch facilities around the country. From Rhode Island to Mississippi to Arkansas to Nevada and California, you have access to excellent, evidence-based treatment options.
What is BCBS of Arkansas?
BCBS of Arkansas is affiliated with the national BCBS system. They offer health and dental policies and are a non-profit organization. The company is owned by policyholders, not stockholders. Premium dollars are used only to fund care and cover overhead costs.
The Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Arkansas headquarters is located in Little Rock, AR. They service the state in seven regions, from Fayetteville to Texarkana.1, Not-for-profit organization, Locations
There are 51 BCBS of Arkansas rehabilitation centers in Arkansas. However, not all centers accept all of the BCBS plans available in the state. It’s important to verify your coverage before you commit to a treatment program.2
How Much Does BCBS Of Arkansas Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
While all long-term health insurance plans are required to offer at least some coverage for mental health and substance abuse treatment due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), different plans will have different levels of coverage.3
Health insurance plans are divided into tiers, known as Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Each tier has an average percentage of care covered by the plan, with the remainder covered by you. While these averages aren’t exact for every type of care, it can be helpful to have a ballpark expectation:4
- Platinum plans cover an average of 90% of your care, and you pay 10%
- Gold plans cover an average of 80% of your care, and you pay 20%
- Silver plans cover an average of 70% of your care, and you pay 30%
- Bronze plans cover an average of 60% of your care, and you pay 40%
The monthly premium is higher in the top tiers and lowers in the bottom tiers. It’s important to compare plans and choose the right tier for your needs. However, if you have an employer plan, you may have limited options.
What types of addiction treatment programs are covered by insurance plans? There are several treatment options for substance use disorder, and the right one for you will depend on your needs. The plan coordinator and your doctor will look at the substances you use, how long you have been using them, and other co-occurring health conditions.
Let’s take a look at some of the common treatment options:
- Inpatient or Residential Rehab. This program requires you to live at the facility for a specific length of time. This gets you out of your normal environment and helps break old habits while replacing them with new ones. You’ll learn coping skills and find ways to make healthy choices before you return home.5, Inpatient or residential treatment
- Outpatient Rehab. This allows you to live at home while receiving several hours of treatment each week. This is helpful for those who aren’t as triggered by their environment and allows you to continue to go to work or attend school. These plans often include behavioral therapy such a cognitive-behavioral therapy, family therapy, and motivational incentives.5, Outpatient behavioral treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) and Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs). These are types of outpatient programs that include more hours of therapy and may be full-day programs. You will still live at home during the evenings but will experience more intensive care during your treatment. These programs might be an intermediate step between your inpatient and outpatient care.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas Provide Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
As mentioned above, both mental health care and addiction treatment are essential benefits under the Affordable Care Act. That means all long-term health insurance plans are required to offer these coverages.6
A great deal of substance abuse arises due to a co-occurring mental health disorder. For example, you might struggle with depression, PTSD, trauma, or other issues. A treatment program that handles both your mental wellness and substance use would be covered by the ACA requirement, just like a stand-alone treatment plan for substance use.
Because so many people struggle with multiple disorders at one time, it can be a relief to know that co-occurring disorders are part of your covered treatment plan.
How Long Does BCBS of Arkansas Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
The specific coverage you receive will depend on your unique needs. Studies show that most people who struggle with substance use will need at least 3 months of treatment to make a significant difference in stopping their drug use. The best outcomes result from longer durations of treatment.7(point 5)
Your insurance will focus on covering evidence-based care that is medically necessary and recommended for your situation. Each specific plan may have its own costs and limitations as well. It’s important to review your plan before you choose a treatment program—you can simply call the number on the back of your insurance card or reach out to us directly.
What If My BCBS of Arkansas Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If you feel like an inpatient drug rehab program is best for you, but don’t have insurance coverage for that style of treatment, you still have options.
Depending on the rehab program you choose, you might be able to get a scholarship or work out financing options. You may also be able to use savings, borrow money from family or friends, or even get a personal loan to fund your rehab treatment.
Getting free of substance use and moving forward with a productive, healthy life is worth the investment. It’s essential to get treatment right away instead of waiting until later when you may (or may not) have more money. Instead, reach out for help right away to get on the path to a happier, better life.
BCBS Of Arkansas In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Many of today’s health insurance plans only cover in-network care for medical services. Each insurance plan has a medical network of providers and pharmacies that are covered by the plan. It’s important to choose a doctor and other medical providers that are in the provider network for your plan to keep your costs lower.
The good news is that BCBS generally has a very broad medical network, so it’s easy to get the care you need within the insurance plan.
Some insurance plans allow you to go outside the network. If you do, you’ll pay significantly more out-of-pocket, but it’s a great way to access specialists or other providers that don’t accept your specific insurance plan. Before you choose an out-of-network provider, carefully research the costs and see what you can do to make it more affordable.
Choosing to move toward a drug-free life is a courageous decision. We know that if you have the strength to make that choice, you have the strength to live a happy, healthy, substance-free life. We’re here to help. Contact us to check your insurance coverage today.
What Rehab Centers Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.