Florida Blue (BCBS) Insurance Addiction Treatment Coverage in Florida
When you need Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida drug detox treatment, you want to ensure you have the proper resources and tools at your disposal. Finding treatment at one of the many rehabs in Florida is crucial to moving forward to a recovery plan. You can find out Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida coverage information by contacting the rehab facility you plan to attend and asking them to verify your insurance. Additionally, you can find the BCBS Florida phone number on the back of your card. Once you call, you can learn about more specific plans and policy information.
How to Find BCBS of Florida Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in Florida?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is here to guide you through the recovery process. If you need help verifying insurance, we can assist through phone, live chat, or through the online form on this page. If you’d rather talk to a live agent, you can get in touch with our helpline at . Someone will be happy to verify your benefits immediately for you.
In Florida, over 30,000 people went into a substance abuse treatment center in 2015.1(pg 111 Total admissions) More than 60,000 were checked into rehab in 2017.2(pg 51, 1st tan bar ) Florida has about 668 substance abuse treatment centers, so you can find services to assist you with your needs.
River Oaks Treatment Center and Recovery First Treatment Center Hollywood are two top-notch AAC facilities located in Florida. These Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida drug treatment and detox facilities offer patients quality care and top-notch services. Some of their offered services include:
- Medical detox.
- Inpatient rehab.
- Co-occurring disorder treatment.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP).
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP).
AAC and its BCBS of Florida recovery centers are ready to assist you as you take the step forward to greater well-being.
What is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida ( Florida Blue)?
Founded in 1944 on principles of excellent healthcare solutions, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida has headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida.3(last para) In 2012, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida adopted the new name, Florida Blue, and its accompanying logo.3(1st para) The CEO thought that the shorter name was easier to remember and more notable than the other name, but all the plans, services, and health initiatives remained the same.3(3rd para)
Florida Blue has about 4 million members in the state and services many more in other states through affiliate connections.4(1st para)
How Much Does BCBS of Florida Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida insurance drug treatment programs may cover some or all of the costs for substance abuse rehab. Not everyone will require the exact same type of treatment either, so it’s best to discuss your case with an admissions navigator. They will advise you about where to begin your treatment plan. Most people transition from one level of treatment to another, doing a step-down approach.
However, no matter what type of treatment you need, BCBS of Florida insurance follows the mandate of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).5(What is the affordable care act) By doing so, they must provide patients with “Essential Benefits,” which includes mental health and substance abuse treatment.5(What are essential benefits) The amount of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida substance abuse treatment coverage varies based on your policy, but some of the treatment programs that you might participate in are the following:
- Inpatient or residential rehab treatment. This involves an intensive treatment program in which doctors and other medical professionals offer around-the-clock therapeutic care. There is a high level of supervision and monitoring for patients who are dealing with severe substance use disorder.6(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). During PHP, you’ll get just about as much monitoring and care, but you can reside at your own home overnight.7(abstract)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). Outpatient therapy that takes up much of the day and week is considered intensive.6(outpatient, last para)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy. At this step in the journey, you are ready for a more standard outpatient program.6(outpatient, last para)
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Provides Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
As you move towards recovery from substance use disorder, it’s vital to consider your mental health too. Maybe you have already thought about this. If not, you should know that experts have found a connection between substance use disorder and mental illness.8(How common) The connection works both ways, meaning that people who abuse substances are apt to have a mental health condition, and people with mental illness are apt to use substances.8(Why) Since these conditions often occur together, clinicians recommend seeking a comprehensive treatment plan that addresses both issues.8(How are these comorbid)
As stated above, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida drug treatment providers follow the ACA guidelines, so you can treat both conditions simultaneously.
How Long Does BCBS of Florida Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Whether you live near BCBS of Florida rehabilitation centers or intend to travel to attend one, you might wonder about your length of stay. Your time in a substance abuse facility can vary depending on the severity of your situation. Addiction is a chronic and complex disease, so it requires a thorough treatment plan.9(points 1, 4) Most experts recommend staying in rehab for at least 3 months for maximum benefit.9(point 5)
The length of time covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida insurance rehab will depend on the specifics of your plan. You can check the back of your card for the phone number to Florida Blue insurance. The representative can explain how long your policy will cover.
What If My BCBS of Florida Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If you are concerned that your policy won’t cover all of your stay at BCBS of Florida treatment center, don’t give up. You have other options to consider. Some rehab facilities will offer scholarship awards, or they may provide financing payment plans. Don’t delay seeking information about available financial options if you don’t have coverage for inpatient rehab.
Florida Blue (BCBS of Florida) In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When using in-network doctors and medical facilities, you are working within the group of providers that give the insurance company a discounted rate.10(1st para) Consequently, you can receive savings.10(1st para) If you go to an out-of-network facility or doctor, you will have out-of-pocket costs because these providers are part of the network plan.10(2nd para)
There are a few ways to find Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida insurance rehab centers that are in-network. These include:
- Call the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida phone number on the back of your card and talk to the person about the place you have in mind.
- Verify your insurance immediately with the rehab facility in question.
- Go to the online BCBS Florida portal to search for a rehab that is in-network.
If you opt for the latter choice, you need to register for online access first. This will allow you to see your plan’s network information, among other details. Simply provide your identifying information at the prompts and select a username and password. Now you can log in and see the details. However, it is quicker to verify your insurance with the rehab directly, as they can give you an answer almost immediately.
What Rehab Centers Take Florida Blue (BCBS of Florida) Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.