Does BCBS of Louisiana Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
If you are dealing with a substance abuse crisis, it’s easy to find one of the reliable BCBS of Louisiana rehabilitation centers near you for treatment. You can access your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana substance abuse treatment coverage and find out more information about what it covers by contacting the number on the back of your insurance card. To make things even simpler, you can contact a Louisiana drug rehab center directly and have them verify your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana insurance rehab coverage for you over the phone, via chat, or by filling out an SSVOB form.
How to Find BCBS of Louisiana-Covered Inpatient Drug treatment Centers in LA?
At American Addiction Centers (AAC), an admissions navigator is standing by to assist you now with finding a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana drug detox treatment center near you. If you prefer to talk to someone in person, just call our helpline at .
Louisiana has approximately 145 substance abuse facilities, so you won’t have an issue finding the treatment you need. In 2018, these facilities accepted the following types of payments:1(p.77)
- 125 facilities accepted cash or other forms of self-payment.
- 103 facilities accepted private health insurance, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
- 41 facilities accepted Medicare.
- 89 facilities accepted Medicaid.
- 60 facilities would arrange a sliding fee scale.
- 69 facilities will provide treatment at no charge or only charge minimally to clients who can’t pay.
You can reach out to an American Addiction Centers facility near Louisiana for more details about any of their Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana drug treatment providers. They can connect you with a high-quality rehab facility that accepts your insurance.
What is BCBS of Louisiana?
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Louisiana got its start in 1934 in New Orleans. It started as the Hospital Service Association of New Orleans, and today it’s known as Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana.2 BCBS of Louisiana serves 1.8 million members across nine regional offices and is committed to improving the lives of their clients.3
How Much Does BCBS of Louisiana Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield of LA benefits covers mental health and substance abuse disorders.4(p.2 about ½ way down) The cost of services that will be covered through insurance depends on the type of plan you have. BCBS Louisiana offers three metal tier levels. These are:4(p.12)
- Bronze: The Bronze level plan has a lower monthly payment but may cost more when you need services.
- Silver: The silver level costs an average amount per month and pays an average amount when you need to get service.
- Gold: With the Gold plan, you will have many of your insurance costs covered but will pay more per month.
No matter what type of Blue Cross Blue Shield Louisiana coverage you have, there are certain types of treatment programs that you might participate in. The following rehab treatment programs may be covered by your insurance:
- Inpatient treatment program: An inpatient rehab program can last for a long period of time, or it could be a short stay. Whichever it is, you will have a full, professional staff to provide you with 24/7 care while you are there.5(third down)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): This program also involves a high level of clinical oversight and monitoring, except you will be able to return home each night.6
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP involves intense therapy sessions that can last most of your week.7
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: Standard therapy will be less intense as you will probably attend about once or twice a week.7
You can call the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana phone number on the back of your insurance card to find out specific information about your plan.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Provide Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
When considering your Blue Cross Blue Shield Louisiana therapy coverage, it’s important to also factor in any mental health concerns you have. 8(How common) Even if you don’t have an official diagnosis, it’s vital to address suspected mental illness with an admissions navigator. Mental health disorders co-occur with substance use disorders frequently, although the causes are not always known. 8(How common) However, experts do know that treating these conditions together with a comprehensive Louisiana addiction treatment plan is the best course of action. 8(How are these comorbid) You can be evaluated for any co-occurring conditions when you begin a Louisiana drug rehabilitation program.
Don’t be concerned about your insurance coverage because Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana’s mental health coverage can work hand in hand with drug rehab coverage because of the mandates of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). These mandates guarantee substance abuse rehab and mental health care coverage for all marketplace-insured individuals.9
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Cover Addiction Treatment Therapies?
Part of a comprehensive program through drug rehab Louisiana will consist of behavioral therapy.10top) Therapy aids in changing behaviors involving drug use as well as teaching patients how to overcome triggering situations. 10top) Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana insurance drug treatment programs will cover mental health treatment as well as substance abuse treatment. This includes services such as evaluation, diagnosis, and all forms of treatment. 4(p.2 about ½ way down) Some of the therapies you might encounter during your time at a BCBS of Louisiana treatment center include:10
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Contingency management therapy.
- Motivational therapy.
- 12-step program.
- Family behavioral therapy.
How Long Does BCBS of Louisiana Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
You may want to know how long Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana benefits will cover your rehab stay. One factor that could determine the length of your stay is what type of substance use issues you are dealing with or the severity of your situation. It’s vital to stay in a Louisiana substance abuse treatment center for an adequate length of time, which is about three months.11(#5) You can call the number on the back of your card to find out how long your policy will cover.
What if my BCBS Of Louisiana Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If you find out that your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana drug treatment coverage does not cover everything you need, or there will be high out-of-pocket costs, you can check with the rehab facility about financing options. You may be able to get a scholarship or sliding scale fee discount by contacting them. This will help defray costs or eliminate them altogether. Either way, don’t delay your wellbeing.
BCBS Of Louisiana In-Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
You can find an in-network provider through BCBS of Louisiana’s large network of providers.4(p.10 bottom) When you do so, you will be keeping your costs lower than if you choose an out-of-network provider.4(p.10 bottom) You can check with the rehab facility directly to see if they are in-network with BCBS of Louisiana or visit this site to check for verification.
What Rehab Centers Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How to Verify BCBS of Louisiana Coverage for Inpatient Rehab Centers?
Take the first step to find out which rehab facilities are in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC). AAC can verify your insurance over the phone immediately and confidentially. They will connect you with a nationally recognized facility within the network.
With locations across the U.S., you’re sure to find an AAC rehab center that accepts your insurance. Contact the helpline by calling , and an admissions navigator will assist you with the process. Find your new future today.