Does BCBS of Mississippi Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Many BCBS plans, including Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi, may offer insurance coverage for alcohol and drug rehab centers. The type and cost of coverage will differ by plan. Your plan documentation should tell you what percentage is covered. It will also tell you what percentage you may be responsible for. This is listed as a copay or coinsurance. Your cost may be different than someone else’s with a different BCBS plan.
BCBS plans generally cover some of the following:
- Inpatient care
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Outpatient hospital visits
- Other professional services and office visits
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) ensured that all plans purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace, also known as HealthCare.gov, are required to cover substance abuse treatment. Substance use disorder and mental health services are considered one of 10 essential health benefits.1 (1st paragraph)
However, your benefits will depend on your plan.
How to Find BCBS of Mississippi Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in MS?
Treatment centers can verify your benefits if you give them your insurance information. You can also call the number on the back of your BCBS ID card and talk to a BCBS representative directly.
If you’d like, you can even reach out to American Addiction Centers, and we’ll help you find the answers you’re looking for.
You can contact us in several ways:
- Call our Helpline at . Our representative can check your benefits while you’re on the phone.
- Web chat, located at the bottom right corner of our website
- Verification of Benefits form on our website
If you don’t have your insurance card handy, call us anyway. We can still help.
If you’re looking for a top-notch drug and alcohol rehab center in Mississippi, our Oxford Treatment Center in Etta offers multiple levels of care and types of therapies in a peaceful setting that encourages you to connect with nature as you heal.
What is BCBS of Mississippi?
BCBS of Mississippi is part of one of the largest healthcare insurance providers in the country. The Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies offer benefits nationwide to individuals, families, and groups. They also offer Medicare Advantage plans. BCBS plans are accepted by more than 1.7 million doctors and hospitals nationwide.2 (2nd paragraph) BCBS of Mississippi partners with quality health and wellness providers to deliver the best evidence-based care for its members.
BCBS of Mississippi also works with employee groups, schools, and community leaders to promote a healthier life for all Mississippians through its subsidiary, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation. BCBS Mississippi is dedicated to supporting a healthier population, and that includes support for substance abuse treatment.
How Much Does BCBS of Mississippi Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
There are a number of addiction treatment options available. It’s important to work with your doctor to decide which works best for you based on your history, home environment, and type of drug used.
Remember that different insurance plans have different coverage, and you will need to verify your coverage with BCBS or the facility.
Some typical types of treatment include:
- Inpatient. Inpatient treatment occurs in hospitals or medical clinics. Treatment generally includes detox and rehab services.3 (pg. 8)
- Residential programs. This treatment is an intensive, live-in option that provides structured, supervised care. It can be especially beneficial for patients without stable home environments or support.3 (pg. 9)
- Partial hospitalization (also called day treatment). Are outpatient programs that provide several hours of treatment daily to patients who otherwise live at home.3 (pg. 10)
- Outpatient/intensive outpatient programs. Offer outpatient treatment at a variety of locations for patients who otherwise live at home. Different programs have different attendance requirements.3 (pg. 10)
- Opioid treatment programs (sometimes called methadone clinics). Provide medication-assisted treatment and counseling for patients dependent on opioids.3 (pg. 11)
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Provide Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
When an individual has a substance use disorder along with mental health disorders, they’re called co-occurring disorders.4 (2nd paragraph) One often triggers or worsens the other. Integrating treatment for both is proven more effective than treating them separately. 4 (1st paragraph)
The ACA ensures that insurance providers include mental health care and treatment in their plans. Your amount of coverage depends on your plan.
How Long Does BCBS of Mississippi Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Successful treatment for drug or alcohol abuse is very personalized. There is no one treatment that works for everyone.5 (2nd paragraph) The type and length of treatment that works for one person may not be effective for another. However, research has shown that treatment length influences success. Treatment lasting less than 90 days is less effective than shorter courses. Longer treatment is recommended for better outcomes.6 (1st paragraph)
One of the greatest challenges to recovery is treatment dropout. Understanding that addiction is a chronic disease that requires continuing care can enhance the chances of success. This may entail multiple types of treatment.6 (2nd paragraph)
Because insurance policies and coverages differ, the length of treatment depends on your specific plan. To find out your plan’s length of coverage, call the number on the back of your BCBS ID card.
What If My BCBS of Mississippi Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
It is generally to your benefit to go to a treatment center covered under your BCBS plan. Using your insurance to pay for a rehab center usually means that most treatment costs are covered. But if the best treatment center for your specific treatment is not covered under your plan, you may have other options to help offset the out-of-pocket costs.
Some rehab centers offer options like:
- Sliding scales (need-based fees).
While it’s important to consider the cost of treatment, putting off treatment for any reason can be dangerous. If you are worried about costs, ask the treatment center about any assistance programs. You may also qualify for a reduced fee through your insurance plan. Call the number on the back of your card to find out.
BCBS of Mississippi In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When you’re choosing a treatment center, you should verify if you need to select a center that is in-network for your plan. In general, the type of plan you have determines your choices. The two types are:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans. These only pay for treatment at HMO-contracted centers–in-network centers.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans. These cover more when you use preferred (in-network) centers. They may allow you to use out-of-network providers, but you will pay more out of pocket than with an in-network provider.
Whichever type of plan you have, it’s important to research all your options. It’s essential to your recovery that you get the right type of treatment for your addiction. Every facility may not be right for every person. If the best facility for you is out-of-network, you can ask what the additional cost to you would be and then explore whether it is possible to pay them. If you need help with financing, you may have options like financing, scholarships, sliding-scale fees, or loans.
How to find BCBS Of Mississippi covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in MS Near Me?
You can find a Blue Cross Blue Shield addiction treatment center by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC). Our Mississippi facility, Oxford Treatment Center, is a top-notch facility with individualized treatment, medical detox programs, and co-occurring disorder treatment. At AAC, we can verify your insurance coverage right away. It only takes a minute to find out if our facility is in-network for you.
If you prefer to speak to someone in person, just reach out to our 24/7 hotline, where a representative can verify your insurance right away. Just call us at .
What Rehab Centers Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.