Does BCBS of Missouri Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) of MO operates under the trade name Anthem BCBS in Missouri, except for 30 counties in the Kansas City area.1 Members struggling with any type of substance use disorder can access Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri substance abuse treatment coverage. The Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Missouri offers a range of substance use disorder treatments under their behavioral health provider resources.2(behavioral health resources)
To find out which rehab facilities are in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri, you can contact the rehab center. They will verify your coverage and benefits while you are on the phone, giving you an immediate answer. If you prefer to check with your insurance provider directly, contact the number listed on the back of your insurance card for details. You can also fill out the form located on this page for an online response about your coverage.
How to Find BCBS of Missouri Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in MO?
When contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC), you can rest easy knowing they will instantly verify your insurance coverage for you. In addition, a representative is standing by to take your call and check your benefits. You can call the helpline at for further information. AAC has top-quality rehab facilities all across the nation and is a leader in providing substance abuse treatment care. You can find a location near you here.
Missouri drug rehab is a vital part of the journey when struggling with either a drug or alcohol addiction. There are many people in Missouri who have sought addiction treatment. In data from 2015, the following applies to Missouri residents:3(pg 139 top)
- 36,131 people sought substance abuse treatment at a facility.
- 7,799 people sought treatment for opiate addiction.
- 7,222 people sought help for marijuana addiction.
- 6,818 people sought help for methamphetamine addiction.
- 6,365 people sought treatment for alcohol addiction.
- 1,332 people sought treatment for cocaine addiction.
Furthermore, a good number of people seeking substance abuse treatment used health insurance to help cover the costs. In 2018, Missouri had 273 substance abuse treatment facilities.4(pg 105) There were 193 of these facilities that accepted private health insurance, 92 accepted Medicare, and 183 took Medicaid. 4(pg 105) Some Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri insurance rehab centers take more than one type of payment.
What is BCBS of Missouri?
Founded in 1944, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield has headquarters in Indianapolis.5(1st) This mutual insurance company offers health care solutions, services, and coverage for residents in: 5(1st)
Anthem BCBS serves millions of Americans5(1st) and represents a trusted name in health care.
How Much Does BCBS of Missouri Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
The covered costs for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri insurance drug treatment programs will vary based on the overall cost of your treatment. This can be impacted by several factors, such as:
- Length of time in rehab.
- What type of treatment program you will participate in.
- The substance you were taking.
- Whether you have a co-occurring disorder.
In addition, your BCBS of MO insurance may have costs associated with it too, like co-pays and/or deductibles.
Whatever the covered costs or out-of-pocket costs are, you can depend on Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri insurance rehab to take care of at least some of them. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates that providers treat mental health and substance abuse treatment as essential benefits, so you can’t be denied altogether.6
Some of the BCBS Missouri covered treatment programs for addiction include:
- Residential treatment. There are long- and short-term residential treatment programs.7(long-term, short-term) Both feature 24-hour care in a residential, hospital-like setting. Long-term residential rehab could be as long as 12 months, while short term could be between 3-6 weeks. 7(long-term, short-term)
- Medical detox. Detoxification treatment programs are for people who need to withdraw safely from large quantities of either drugs or alcohol. The program is medically supervised.8(pre-treatment)
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP). Outpatient treatment programs are sometimes more intensive, involving more time in therapy.7(outpatient)
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). PHP is similar to a residential program, but you will reside in your own home overnight. It can’t take the place of a residential program but may work best for some people.9
- Outpatient therapy and treatment programs. You’ll participate in a variety of therapy programs if you attend outpatient treatment.10(outpatient)
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri Provides Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
Addiction changes the brain in vital ways.11(2nd) It is also a disorder that is similar to other mental illnesses and is classified as a mental health disorder.12(1st para) Additionally, substance use disorders have been linked to other mental health disorders, with about half of people who have one condition also having the other disorder.12(2nd para) Experts recommend treating co-occurring disorders simultaneously,12(diagnosis) using behavioral therapies.12(behavioral)
How Long Does BCBS of Missouri Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Your stay at BCBS of Missouri rehabilitation centers will depend on the severity of your condition and where you currently are in the recovery process. If you are just starting out, you might begin with a residential or medical detox program. As stated above, these can be either long- or short-term treatment programs. Some inpatient programs are as brief as 3 weeks. An extended stay, on the other hand, could be a year. While you may not need to participate in a treatment program for a year, it’s vital to stay long enough to get the help required. Professionals recommend at least a 3-month stay for best outcomes.13(#5)
The amount of coverage you’ll have for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri drug detox treatment depends on the specific policy you hold. There may be out-of-pocket costs for co-pays or deductibles. It’s best to check on your policy specifics for a more exact answer.
What if My BCBS of Missouri Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If you’re concerned about not getting Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri drug treatment coverage or having too many out-of-pocket costs, you can seek other financial options. There are additional ways to help defray the cost of rehab. Some Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri drug treatment providers offer scholarships or financial aid grants to eligible recipients. Instead of giving up or delaying treatment, you can ask what financial payment options they offer. It’s vital not to push treatment off to a later date. Your well-being suffers when you do.
BCBS Of Missouri In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Some BCBS of Missouri substance abuse treatment facilities have contracts with the insurance company.14(What’s the difference) This allows them to provide a payment rate that is agreeable with the facility, making services covered for you when you use them.14(What’s the difference) Most find it preferable to work within the network of doctors, clinics, and facilities because there aren’t as many (if any) out-of-pocket costs.
If you still wish to go to an out-of-network treatment facility, you are able to do so, but your costs will be higher, and some services might not be covered at all.14(can I go)
What Rehab Centers Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How to find BCBS Of Missouri covered Inpatient drug treatment centers Near Me?
You can find a Blue Cross Blue Shield addiction treatment center by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC) or learn more about AAC locations here. Our facilities are available nationwide with individualized treatment, medical detox programs, and co-occurring disorder treatment. At AAC, we can verify your insurance coverage right away. It only takes a minute to find out if our facility is in-network for you.
If you prefer to speak to someone in person, just reach out to our 24/7 hotline, where a representative can verify your insurance right away. Just call at today.