Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada for Drug and Alcohol Treatment
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Nevada is a health insurance company that provides coverage of healthcare services for over 600,000 Nevadans.1 If you are seeking addiction treatment for yourself or a loved one and Anthem BCBS of Nevada is your insurance provider, at least part of the costs of inpatient alcohol and drug rehab will be covered by your insurance plan. Exactly how much is covered depends on the specific Anthem BCBS of Nevada plan you have.
To learn more about what your plan covers in regards to substance use disorder/addiction treatment, call the number on the back of your insurance card to speak with an Anthem BCBS of Nevada customer service agent, who can go through the specific details of your plan to help you understand exactly what is covered.
Alternatively, you can contact us here at American Addiction Centers. Call us at to speak with one of our Admissions Navigators, who can verify your insurance for you while you’re on the phone. Or, complete the form below with your contact and insurance information, and we’ll email you within minutes to outline what is covered by your insurance.
How To Find Anthem BCBS of Nevada Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in NV?
In your search for an inpatient drug treatment center in Nevada, it’s important to try and find a rehab center that accepts your Anthem BCBS of Nevada insurance. This can help keep your out-of-pocket expenses lower, ensuring that your insurance plan covers some of the costs.
Anthem BCBS has developed a national designation program that recognizes nationally accredited addiction treatment facilities. These facilities use evidence-based, patient-focused care. Using the “Find Care” tool, Anthem BCBS members can search rehab centers that accept their insurance and are approved for providing treatment.
If you prefer to speak with someone, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card to ask for assistance in finding a suitable inpatient drug treatment center that accepts Anthem BCBS of Nevada.
Many of American Addiction Center’s high-quality, patient-centered rehab facilities are in-network with Anthem BCBS. Click here to scroll through our treatment centers.
What Is Anthem BCBS of Nevada?
As one of the largest health benefits companies in the United States, Anthem is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.2 The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an association of 35 independent, community-based BCBS companies, including Anthem BCBS of Nevada.3
Blue Cross Blue Shield companies have been providing healthcare coverage to Americans since 1929.3 Today, over 600,000 Nevadans receive healthcare coverage from Anthem BCBS of Nevada.1
Anthem BCBS of Nevada understands the impact that addiction can have on an individual, their family, and their community. The insurance provider understands that addiction is a mental health condition that requires treatment, and it provides coverage for its members seeking drug and alcohol addiction treatment.4 Anthem BCBS offers a care management program for members struggling with substance use disorder. The company offers to assist you in creating a care plan (that may involve rehab) that fits your needs and lifestyle.4
How Much Does Anthem BCBS of Nevada Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Addiction treatment options vary widely. The treatment you receive will depend on your specific needs and your situation. Things to consider when accessing treatment include the substance you’re using, how long you’ve been using, home and work responsibilities, and the level of care you require. As an Anthem BCBS of Nevada member, at least some of your addiction treatment—no matter what type of treatment you access—will be covered by your insurance plan.
Treatments that may be covered under your Anthem BCBS of Nevada insurance plan include:5
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT). Medication-assisted treatment uses prescription medications to help you safely and comfortably withdraw from drugs and alcohol during detoxification. Medications may continue to be used throughout treatment, whether you access inpatient or outpatient rehab.
Inpatient/residential rehab. Inpatient facilities, otherwise known as residential rehab, allow individuals struggling with addiction to live and sleep at the treatment center. Staff is available 24/7 to provide care, guidance, and support throughout your stay. Individual and group counseling are an integral part of inpatient rehab.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). PHP programs generally take place in a hospital setting. Individual and group therapy is provided, approximately 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. PHP programs are best for those who require more care and support than outpatient rehab offers but are unable to attend inpatient rehab.
Intensive outpatient (IOP). IOP programs generally involve attending treatment 3 days a week, for 3-4 hours each day. These programs are often accessed by individuals who prefer to continue their normal routines, attending to work and family responsibilities. Inpatient and group therapy are important elements of IOP programs.
Outpatient treatment. Outpatient treatment/rehab allows you to live at home while attending outpatient treatment—in a therapist’s office, hospital, or rehab facility—in the evening. Individual and group therapy are integral parts of outpatient treatment. The number of days/hours you attend outpatient rehab depends on the program you attend.
Your Anthem BCBS of Nevada plan will provide at least some coverage for most addiction treatments you access.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada Provide Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
Yes. Anthem BCBS of Nevada facilitates health services of all types, including mental health care (otherwise known as behavioral health), including substance use disorder.6 Thanks to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which was passed in 2014, mental health treatment must be covered by all health insurance companies in the same way that physical health services are covered.7
The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) is a law that states that mental health and addiction treatment coverage must be provided for anyone who requires these services.8 Both the ACA and MHPAEA ensure that at least part of your mental health treatment—including addiction treatment—is covered by Anthem BCBS of Nevada.
If you have a mental health condition such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, or bipolar disorder along with substance use disorder, this is known as a “dual diagnosis,” or co-occurring disorder. Most rehab facilities in Nevada provide mental health treatment alongside substance use disorder/addiction treatment.
If you have a mental health condition as well as a substance use disorder, try to find a rehab facility that provides care for individuals with a dual diagnosis. Our Admissions Navigators at American Addiction Centers would be happy to connect you with one of these facilities. Call us today at , or chat with us online. We’re here to help you through every step of your journey to sobriety.
Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada Cover Addiction Treatment Therapies?
Yes. Addiction treatment therapies—most often referred to as substance use disorder treatments—are under the “mental health care” umbrella and are at least partially covered by Anthem BCBS of Nevada plans.1 The exact amount of coverage for your treatments depends on the specific policy you have.
How Long Does Anthem BCBS of Nevada Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
How long you stay in a drug and alcohol rehab program depends on a few factors, including:
- Types of substance(s) being abused
- How long you’ve been using
- Co-occurring mental health diagnoses
- Whether you’ve attended addiction treatment facilities in the past
- Outcomes for prior attempts at sobriety
While the duration of your stay depends on your individual needs, evidence suggests that individuals who stay in treatment for three months or longer have the best chances for long-term recovery. 9, bullet 5 It’s important to stay in treatment for as long as your healthcare providers are recommending to ensure your long-term sobriety and health.
The duration of your stay and how much coverage is provided for the treatment you access depend on the insurance plan you have. Depending on the type of plan you have, you may be responsible for paying some out-of-pocket costs for treatment. Co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles are costs that you may be responsible for paying.
To learn more about your insurance coverage for addiction treatment—including how long you may stay in treatment—call the number on the back of your insurance card. Ask the customer service representative to walk you through the details of your plan, so that you can fully understand what percentage of the costs are covered, as well as what you are financially responsible for paying in terms of deductibles, co-pays, and any other out-of-pocket expenses you can anticipate.
Or, call one of our friendly Admissions Navigators at , who would be happy to verify your insurance for you, answer your questions, and discuss the treatment options and admissions process with you.
What If My Anthem BCBS of Nevada Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Rehab Program?
As an Anthem BCBS of Nevada member, you can be assured that at least part of your inpatient drug rehab program will be covered by your insurance plan. What percentage of treatment costs are covered, for how long, and how much you will need to pay out of pocket depends on your specific plan.
Even with an Anthem BCBS of Nevada plan that provides comprehensive coverage for mental health and addiction treatments, you may be responsible for some out-of-pocket costs. Don’t let finances hold you back from getting the help you need—there are many ways to pay for inpatient drug and alcohol rehab, including:
- Loans/Lines of Credit. Credit unions and banks often offer loans or lines of credit to individuals who need help covering healthcare costs. These loans will be paid back over time, with interest.
- Payment plans. Most drug and alcohol treatment facilities offer payment plans. You can pay back the costs over a period that has been agreed upon between you and the facility.
- Scholarships and grants. Some states offer addiction treatment scholarships and grants to help low-income individuals who need assistance accessing and paying for treatment.
- Crowdfunding/fundraising. Reach out and ask for support from friends and family. Whether that be through a fundraising site or other means, this can help you raise the funds to cover the cost of treatment.
Anthem BCBS of Nevada In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
Drug and alcohol rehab facilities that are “in-network” with Anthem BCBS of Nevada have an agreement with the insurer to provide services and treatment at a discounted rate. A facility that is in-network will generally mean you can expect fewer out-of-pocket costs.
Out-of-network rehab facilities do not have an agreement with Anthem BCBS of Nevada. This means that the costs of your addiction treatment may be significantly more expensive, and it may be more difficult to get insurance coverage at these facilities if the insurance company provides coverage at all.
For your own peace of mind and financial wellness, it’s best to choose in-network facilities whenever possible. American Addiction Centers has facilities in Nevada that are in-network with Anthem BCBS of Nevada. Contact us today at to learn more.
What Rehab Centers Take Anthem BCBS of Nevada Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How To Verify Anthem BCBS of Nevada Insurance Coverage for Rehab Centers?
It’s easy to verify your Anthem BCBS of Nevada insurance, and there are a few ways you can do it:
Call our helpline at to speak with an Admissions Navigator, who can verify your insurance for you while you’re on the phone. They can also answer your questions about treatment options, the admissions process, and more.
Call the number on the back of your insurance card to connect with an Anthem BCBS of Nevada customer service agent. They can share the details of your plan’s coverage for addiction treatment.
Complete the two-step form below with your insurance and contact information. You’ll hear from us via email within minutes with information about your insurance coverage and treatment options available.
If you’re still looking for the right drug and alcohol inpatient rehab, visit our Find Treatment Centers page. You can search for leading treatment centers in Nevada and across the United States.