Does BCBS Of Ohio insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Making the choice to overcome addiction is courageous, and the process is far more likely to be successful when you have a team by your side. The good news is that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio has health insurance plans that can help you on your journey to a substance-free life.
Anthem, Inc. is the parent company of Anthem BCBS of Ohio. Anthem operates in a variety of states, including Ohio. One in 8 Americans receives coverage for medical care through Anthem’s plans.1
All BlueCross BlueShield OH plans offer at least some coverage for drug or alcohol rehab. To find out the specifics of your plan’s coverage, you can call the number on the back of your membership card. To make things easier, use our benefits check form below. With just a little bit of information, you can receive an email verifying your coverage in just a few minutes.
You can connect with American Addiction Centers by email, phone, or online chat. We’re here to partner with you on your recovery journey.
How to Find BCBS of Ohio Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in OH?
There are several ways to find rehabs in Ohio that will be covered by your health insurance plan. You can use the online provider search on the BCBS of Ohio website, for example, or log into your online account. In your account, you’ll be able to find more information about your specific plan and what treatment centers are available to you.
You can also call the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio phone number on the back of your membership card. A representative will be able to review your health insurance plan and help you choose an in-network treatment provider.
At American Addiction Centers, we’re proud to have in-network BCBS of Ohio rehabilitation centers. No matter where you are across the country, our high-quality facilities can help you get the care you need to start a new life without relying on substances.
What is BCBS Of Ohio?
Anthem BCBS of Ohio is a BlueCross BlueShield affiliated health insurance company owned by Anthem, Inc. Anthem was formed during a merger of two health insurance providers in 2004 and was renamed Anthem, Inc. in 2014. As one of the largest health insurance companies in the United States, Anthem delivers healthcare plans and related services to millions of Americans, with a commitment to high-quality, evidence-based care.2
There are dozens of covered treatment facilities in Ohio, and you can search the Anthem BlueCross BlueShield website for treatment centers of Ohio that are covered by your specific plan and are located near where you live.3 That means that no matter where you are in Ohio or the surrounding area, you can find a treatment facility that will help you get back on track and move your life forward in a healthy way.
How Much Does BCBS Of Ohio Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
All long-term health insurance plans are required to cover at least some level of addiction treatment and mental health services. These services are considered essential benefits by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).4
However, the exact amount each plan covers will vary. Every plan has a specific monthly premium, deductible, and copayment or coinsurance amount. Usually, the higher the monthly premium, the more the insurance plan covers and the lower your copayment or coinsurance costs. When you have the opportunity, it’s important to compare plans so that you can get the coverage that makes the most sense for your budget and needs.
What types of treatment options can you expect at a BCBS of Ohio treatment center? There are several types of treatment available. The care covered by your health insurance plan will depend on a doctor’s recommendation and what substances you use, how long you’ve used them, and what other health concerns you have as well. The types of treatment are:
- An Inpatient Program. Also known as residential rehab, this is a treatment process that requires you to live at the rehabilitation center. Residential treatment centers in Ohio offer counseling and help you develop new skills and healthier habits so you can live cleanly when you leave the program. These programs vary in length from 30 days to several months.5, Inpatient or residential treatment
- Outpatient Programs. These let you live at home and receive several hours a week of treatment and counseling. If you can safely live at home and have a stable environment that doesn’t trigger substance abuse, this can be a good way to get care with less disruption to your life. You can still attend school or go to work during your treatment program.5, Outpatient behavioral treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) and Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs). These are programs that land in between inpatient and outpatient care. While you don’t live in the treatment facility, you also get more hours of treatment and care than you would in a typical outpatient program. You might have full days of counseling and building new habits while going home at night. Sometimes these programs are a follow-up to inpatient therapy that lets you slowly transition into your regular environment.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Provide Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
Often, people don’t just struggle with addiction. They struggle with both substance use and other co-occurring disorders. These disorders might include depression, trauma, PTSD, and more.
Fortunately, both substance use treatment and mental health treatment are essential benefits according to the ACA. All long-term health plans are required to provide at least some coverage for these needs, and they have to be covered at least as well as medical and surgical care is. The financial and care limits for mental health have to be in line with other health coverage they offer.6, Parity protections for mental health services
Treatment programs that help you with both your substance use and your mental health will be covered by the ACA requirements the same way a stand-alone drug abuse program would be. That can be a significant relief, since many times substance abuse is the result of other mental health issues.
How Long Does BCBS of Ohio Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio substance abuse treatment coverage is focused on getting you high quality and effective care. The exact treatment plan that’s right for you will vary depending on your history, health, and overall needs.
Studies have shown that most people who struggle with substance use need at least 3 months of treatment to see a significant change. Longer programs are more effective as well.7, Principle 5
The amount of time your plan will cover you to be in a treatment program will depend on the recommendation of medical professionals and your plan’s specific coverage limits. To find out more about what might be covered, you can call the number on your insurance card or contact us directly through email, phone, or chat.
What If My BCBS Of Ohio Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If you would like to go to an inpatient drug rehab program that isn’t covered by your insurance plan, you will have to cover the costs of treatment yourself. But just because your plan doesn’t cover it doesn’t mean you can’t afford it.
Talk to the treatment center directly to find out if there are scholarships or payment plans available. You may also be able to get a personal loan to fund your treatment or borrow money from family and friends.
The key is to get the treatment you need as quickly as possible. The longer you wait, the harder things become. It’s worth the cost to have a healthy, productive life free of substances. Reach out to us to learn more about your options for treatment—we’re here every step of the way.
BCBS of Ohio In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
All insurance plans have medical provider networks, and most insurance plans don’t provide coverage for care outside that network. That’s why it’s important if you’re shopping for insurance plans to choose one that includes the doctors and specialists you prefer.
BCBS of Ohio has a very broad medical network, so you will have a lot of options when it comes to in-network care. When you take advantage of in-network providers, you’ll save a lot of money on out-of-pocket costs like deductibles and copayments.
Some insurance plans let you choose out-of-network providers, but you have to pay significantly more of the costs. Before you move forward with an out-of-network treatment center, research the costs and ensure you can afford them
When you choose to get treatment for substance use disorder, you’re choosing to prioritize your health, safety, and future. It’s a great investment and a courageous choice, and we’re here to help you get there. Contact us to review your insurance coverage today.
What Rehab Centers Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.