Does Regence BlueShield Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
When struggling with a substance abuse issue, whether it is with alcohol or drugs, your Regence BlueShield insurance is there to help you access the services you need.1(halfway down) From one-on-one rehab services to telehealth support, you can access your Regence BlueShield plan to begin the journey to recovery. 2
You can contact your insurance care management provider for help navigating the system if you want specific details about your plan.3(top) You can talk to a care management specialist by contacting 1 (866) 543-5765.3(top) Alternatively, you can contact the rehab center directly and verify your insurance.
How to Check Regence BlueShield Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment?
Regence BlueShield rehab coverage is a part of your insurance. If you are dealing with addiction, you can count on Regence insurance to provide services for recovery.2 Regence takes drug addiction seriously—from opioid abuse to mental health, you are covered.2
Addiction coverage is provided under the behavioral health umbrella and is available for the following Regence BlueShield plans:1(halfway)
- Individuals & families plans.
- Medicare plans.
To verify your Regence Blue insurance benefits now, you can call and American Addiction Centers (AAC). An admissions navigator will let you know immediately whether your benefits are in-network with an AAC facility. Also, you can enter the information requested on the form on this page and find out whether your Regence BlueShield insurance is covered. Finally, call the helpline at now to check the status of your benefits while you hold. You can get answers today and begin your recovery right away.
What Is Regence BlueShield?
Founded in 1917, Regence began in Tacoma as the Pierce County Industrial Medical and Surgical Service Bureau.4(top) It started with a mission to help the neighboring community and expanded to transform the healthcare industry.4(top) Regence now provides healthcare solutions to more than 2.4 million members.4(last) It delivers insurance through Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah, and Regence BlueShield.4(last) Regence is a part of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and operates as a nonprofit, independent licensee.4(last)
Regence Blue Shield Insurance Plans
When you sign up for one of the Regence BlueShield Plans, you will either have an Individuals & Families plan or a Medicare plan.1(halfway) This may depend on your circumstances, age, and other eligibility factors. For example, the Regence BlueShield Medicare plan is for participants who are 65 or older or who meet the disability requirement.5(what is Medicare)
Whichever plan you choose, you have access to certain benefits, one of which includes behavioral healthcare.2
What Will Regence BlueShield Insurance Cover?
Within Regence BlueShield behavioral health, a broad range of services are covered. Every policy and plan will have different deductible amounts or copays, so it’s best to check with your provider for details. There are several layers of addiction rehab treatment that you may need. These vary in intensity from more intense to less intense as you recover. Working with an admissions navigator at the rehab facility will ensure you get a customized program that fits your needs. Different substances have different withdrawal effects, which may require detox or inpatient rehab.6(how categorized)
Your Regence BlueShield rehabilitation coverage may cover some or all the following treatment programs:
Medical detoxification: You may need medical detox to assist with withdrawal symptoms if they have the potential to be serious. You will be given medication either in an inpatient or outpatient setting.7(pre-treatment)
Inpatient: An inpatient rehab program provides professional monitoring 24/7. During the treatment program, you will stay in the facility overnight for an extended period, with doctors and therapists guiding your withdrawal.8(third down)
Partial hospitalization program (PHP): At a PHP, you will stay most of the day but go home overnight. This allows you some independence while providing extensive therapy time.9(top)
Intensive outpatient program (IOP): When you attend an intensive outpatient program, you participate in several hours of outpatient therapy a week.10
Outpatient treatment program and therapy: An outpatient treatment program consists of therapy sessions once or twice a week.10
Does Regence BlueShield Insurance Cover Mental Health Care?
Many people experience mental health problems at the same time as they have a substance use disorder, which is very common.11(How common) If you have not been diagnosed with a mental health disorder but suspect you might have one, it’s best to consult your doctor or the admissions navigator about your concerns. Since co-occurring substance use and mental health use disorders are common, you would be best served to treat these conditions simultaneously with a comprehensive program.11(why)
You can search for a Regence BlueShield rehab center that offers co-occurring disorder treatment. Your insurance will be able to cover both conditions because it falls within the mandates given by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The ACA has federal guidelines that insurance providers must follow; one of these is that all marketplace insurance must provide for the essential healthcare needs of members.12 These essential needs include mental health and substance abuse treatment.12
How Long Does Regence BlueShield Insurance Cover Rehab?
If you are wondering how long you will be away for rehab, the answer varies for each person. As far as the length of time your Regence BlueShield detox coverage will last, you can inquire with your provider to find out if there are any restrictions on the amount of time they cover. Substance abuse experts suggest staying in rehab treatment for at least three months for best outcomes.13
You can also find out more information now by contacting AAC at . They will verify your benefits while you’re on the phone.
What if My Regence BlueShield Insurance Policy Does Not Cover Rehab?
Don’t let a lack of full coverage insurance stop you from getting the treatment you need. If you find out you don’t have enough coverage for your stay in a rehab center, you can always contact the rehab center and ask about financial aid or discounts.
Regence BlueShield In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Rehab Centers
Regence BlueShield network is a group of providers, such as doctors, therapists, rehab centers, and more that have negotiated with your insurance to give you the best prices.14(what is a network) If you stay in-network when receiving addiction treatment, you can keep your costs down.14(top) You can search for a doctor, practice, or specialty by going to the search portal here and entering the information, or you could verify in-network status with the rehab facility through AAC by calling .
What Rehab Centers Take Regence Blue Shield Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.