Does BCBS of Tennessee Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee provides adequate drug and alcohol coverage under their behavioral health department.1(top) With an aim for promoting greater well-being for their clients, BCBS of Tennessee is committed to helping people identify and treat any type of substance abuse disorder they may be facing.1(top)
You can find out about your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee substance abuse treatment coverage in any of the following ways:
- Call a rehab facility of your choice, and they will verify your insurance for you.
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this web page.
- Call the number on the back of your insurance card for specific plan information.
- Initiate a chat online with a rehab center of your choice.
How To Find BCBS of Tennessee Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in TN?
If you want to streamline the process of finding Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee drug treatment centers, a quick way to do so is to contact American Addiction Centers (AAC). They will work to help you find a nearby facility that Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN covers. You can contact their helpline to speak to a representative by calling . An admissions navigator will verify your Tennessee drug rehab benefits with BCBS over the phone.
Many people use private and other types of health insurance in Tennessee to obtain substance use disorder treatment. In 2017, the following was true:2(pg222)
- 16,765 clients participated in substance abuse treatment. 2(pg222)
- There were 217 substance abuse treatment centers. 2(pg222)
- 165 facilities accept private health insurance, such as BCBS of TN. 2(pg222)
- 205 facilities accept cash or self-payment. 2(pg222)
- 97 facilities accept Medicare. 2(pg222)
- 137 facilities accept Medicaid. 2(pg222)
Among these facilities is a top-quality rehab center near Tennessee. The Oxford Treatment Center is part of AAC’s family of substance abuse treatment facilities that deliver professional services to patients in need.
What Is BCBS of Tennessee?
Since 1945, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee has delivered healthcare solutions to Tennessee residents.3(about us) With 29,000 healthcare providers across the state and 3.5 million members, you’re sure to find the services and care you need through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee insurance rehab.3(our company)
The BCBS of TN is a not-for-profit company located right in the state for easy access.3(our company) They also extend coverage to approximately 11,000 employer groups.3(our company)
How Much Does BCBS of Tennessee Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee insurance drug treatment programs may vary in cost based on several factors and components. Some people need more extensive treatment, while others may only need minimal outpatient therapy to get on track.4(green box) These factors can affect the cost of your rehab.
Also, the metal level you select can make a difference in what your out-of-pocket costs may be.5(top) For example, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee is like other Marketplace plans and is broken down into these levels:6(pg2)
- Bronze level
- Silver level
- Gold level
- Platinum level
Each level has varying monthly premiums, co-pays, and deductibles. This can impact your overall cost for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee drug detox treatment. However, you can expect at least partial coverage for the following types of treatment programs:
Medical detox: Medical detox involves removing whatever substance you are using from the body. This is done under medical supervision for safety and comfort.7(pre-treatment)
Inpatient treatment: You will stay in the rehab facility overnight and obtain 24-hour care when participating in an inpatient program.8(long-term) The duration of your stay depends on whether you participate in long- or short-term residential rehab.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): Patients may attend a PHP as a step-down from the inpatient program. This program involves intense treatment for several hours, but you won’t stay overnight.9
Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): After detox or inpatient rehab, you may wish to benefit from intensive outpatient therapy. This program consists of several hours of therapy throughout the week.8(outpatient)
Outpatient therapy and treatment programs: A standard outpatient therapy program includes sessions about once a week.10(outpatient)
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee Provide Coverage for Mental Health Facilities?
Many people with a substance use disorder are also dealing with a mental health disorder at the same time.11(how common) This is referred to as a comorbidity or co-occurring disorder. It’s vital to determine whether you have a co-occurring disorder and, if so, treat the conditions in tandem. Several common risk factors contribute to mental illness and substance abuse simultaneously.11(why) Researchers aren’t exactly clear what the causes or reasons for these conditions to occur together.11(bullets)
If you do have a co-occurring disorder, you can receive treatment for both conditions. Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance providers must recognize issues like mental illness and substance abuse as equal to other conditions.12
How Long Will BCBS of Tennessee Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
The length of time you need to be in one of the BCBS of Tennessee rehabilitation centers varies depending on the severity of your condition. You may want to continue therapy on an outpatient basis even after you have finished with detox or inpatient rehab. Whatever program you choose, experts recommend that you strive for at least a three-month stay in rehab.13(5)
Since there are different kinds of policy types and coverages, including metal levels, the length of time that may be covered by a BCBS of Tennessee treatment center will depend on the specifics of your plan. You can find the details about your plan on your insurance card.
What If My BCBS of Tennessee Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
Some people may be worried that their policy won’t cover BCBS residential treatment centers in Tennessee. What can you do if this happens to you? Don’t despair if you think you won’t have coverage. There are plenty of other options. You can check with a BCBS of Tennessee substance abuse treatment facility about their financial payment plan arrangements. Some facilities even offer scholarships or other ways to receive treatment at a reduced cost. It’s best to address any addiction issues you have now. Treatment centers will do everything possible to help you with the costs
BCBS of Tennessee In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee works with a large group of doctors and providers that have agreed to give members discounted care because they are in-network.14(what are networks) Providers who are not within BCBS of TN network will not give the discount, so the rates are higher.14(what are networks)
You can find out what doctors and facilities are in-network by contacting the rehab facility directly or using the search tool.
What Rehab Centers Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.