Federal BCBS Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
A Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS Federal) insurance plan offers several tools and resources to assist you with any behavioral or substance abuse issues The BlueCross BlueShield federal employee program delivers strategies for overcoming substance use, from telehealth options to online tools.1 You can also find coverage for in-person Federal BCBS drug rehab. Whether you need inpatient alcohol or drug rehab, you can begin the recovery process with a Federal BCBS insurance plan.
The rehab facility that you are considering can check Federal BCBS coverage for you. Just fill out the form on this page and find out instantly whether an AAC rehab facility is in-network with BCBS Federal.
If you’d rather speak to your insurance company directly, call the number on the back of your card or go to the website and engage in the live chat option.
What is Federal BCBS?
Blue Cross Blue Shield providers have been around for over 80 years.2 Since its inception in 1929, the BCBS has provided valuable healthcare solutions for its clients. 2 By 1950, they expanded to include the BlueCross BlueShield Federal Employee Program.2 Now, they cover more than 106 million people across the United States and members can receive services worldwide.2 Every state in the U.S. is covered by BlueCross BlueShield, including Texas. There are 431 substance abuse treatment centers in Texas.3 Here is the breakdown of the types of payments and insurance policies they accept:3
- 389 facilities accept cash.
- 271 rehabs accept private health insurance.
- 77 facilities accept Medicare.
- 246 rehab centers accept Medicaid.
- 165 rehab facilities accept state-financed health insurance.
- 211 substance abuse centers accept sliding scale fees.
- 102 rehabs accept federal military insurance.
What Types of Drug Treatments Does Federal BCBS Insurance Cover?
When you have Federal BCBS substance abuse treatment coverage, you can expect the cost of at least some of your treatment to be covered. The type of treatment that the Federal Blue Cross covers will vary based on your policy. However, types of treatment that may be covered include:4
- Inpatient residential treatment program: You’ll receive around-the-clock medical and therapeutic care in this program, allowing you to detox in a safe environment.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): You’ll be a step down from the inpatient program with a PHP. You reside in your home but attend therapy during the day.5
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): This is a more intense outpatient program that provides several days of therapy throughout the week.4
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: You will attend once or twice a week during standard outpatient treatment.5
Does Federal BCBS Insurance Cover Inpatient Mental Health Care facilities?
When you have a substance use disorder, you may not take much time to consider other issues in your life. For example, many people with substance use disorder also have a mental illness.6 When this happens, it’s referred to by therapists as co-occurring disorders.6 Experts say that the intertwining of these two conditions is difficult to unravel, but they recommend treating these conditions together.6
You won’t need to worry about obtaining Federal BCBS mental health coverage for a treatment for a mental health disorder or substance use disorder. You have rights under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to receive co-occurring disorder treatment.7 The ACA mandates that insurance providers must include essential benefits under the rule.7 These essential benefits include treatment for substance use treatment and mental health care.7
How Long Does Federal BCBS Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
When you first get started at a Federal BCBS treatment center, you might be wondering how long your plan will cover treatment. Some policies do limit the number of days you can receive outpatient appointments and the amount of overnight inpatient service. However, you want to stick with a treatment program for enough time to get the help you need, no matter how long it takes. Experts recommend staying in treatment for at least 3 months.8 When you’ve completed an inpatient Federal BCBS drug detox treatment program, you may need to transition to a step-down program, such as an IOP or PHP.
If you want to know more about how long Federal BCBS addiction treatment will cover, you can call the number on the back of your card for more information. The representative can look up your policy details for you.
What if my Federal BCBS policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program Near Me?
You might be concerned that you don’t have coverage for Federal BCBS drug rehab or Federal BCBS alcohol rehab costs. If this is the case, what should you do? Don’t give up. Check with the Federal BCBS substance abuse treatment facility for available scholarship or grant opportunities. Some rehabs will provide these options for people who aren’t able to get treatment any other way.
In addition, you can ask the Federal BCBS drug rehabilitation center if they will offer a payment plan. You might be eligible for a sliding scale fee discount if your income meets the requirements and if they offer it. It always pays to ask what your options are versus delaying treatment.
Federal BCBS In-Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
In-network BCBS Federal rehabilitation centers are those that have an agreement with the provider to deliver a discounted price for services. So, when you choose a “preferred provider,” you only have to pay your deductible for covered services.9
Federal BCBS drug treatment providers that are out-of-network are termed “non-preferred” because they don’t have an agreement with the provider.9 This means you will have higher out-of-pocket costs.9 The amount you pay will depend on whether you have the Standard Option insurance plan or the Basic Option insurance plan.9
You can check with a rehab facility before you go, so you know you’ll be covered. Contact the substance abuse treatment center directly or verify your insurance online. You can also go to this portal to search for a provider or service.
What Rehab Centers Take Federal BCBS Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How to find Federal BCBS covered Inpatient drug treatment centers Near You?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is here to assist you in finding Federal BCBS substance abuse providers. At AAC, we can verify your insurance coverage quickly and confidentially. We can help you find a Federal BCBS rehab center that is ideal for your situation. You can use the form on this page to verify insurance with one of our many rehabs now or call a representative at our BCBS Federal addiction hotline at . We are ready to assist you now on your recovery journey. Find one of our Federal BCBS insurance drug treatment programs today.