Does First Health insurance Cover Drug or Alcohol Rehab Centers?
First Health Network Coverage for Substance Abuse Addiction Treatment
First Health, also called First Health Group Corporation, is owned by Aetna insurance along with its partner, Cofinity.1 First Health insurance benefits include national solutions for people who are dealing with a variety of healthcare needs.1Their partnership with Aetna means they can deliver healthcare solutions to more than 5.5 million members1 through a client base of more than 350 employers, government organizations, third-party administrators, and more.1
With locations in all 50 states, First Health offers preferred provider organization (PPO) insurance to its members at discounted costs.2 Mental health and addiction treatment is provided through First Health rehabilitation coverage. The specific coverage amount depends on your plan’s policy and tier level. You can contact a First Health representative by calling the phone number on your health insurance card.
What Types of Addiction Treatment Does First Health Network Cover?
First Health drug rehab coverage is managed through MHN, which offers an array of mental health and behavioral health services including the following:3,4
- Outpatient therapy sessions with a psychologist, psychiatrist, or therapist
- Inpatient treatment in a hospital or residential facility
- Partial hospitalization treatment
- Residential treatment program
- Follow-up care, including aftercare
- 24/7 crisis intervention
First Health insurance coverage for addiction treatment depends on the policy you have. Contacting a representative at MHN at the number on the back of your First Health medical insurance card will provide you with additional details.
It’s also vital to speak to a qualified therapist about your condition to determine what treatment program is best for you. The National Institute on Drug Abuse states that no one treatment is the right approach for every person.5 Factors that determine the type of treatment you might need include:5
- The type of drug you were using.
- How long you were using the drug.
- The amount of the drug you consumed regularly.
- Other comorbidities, such as mental health conditions.
For people whose addiction is severe, an inpatient or residential program is necessary. This ensures they can withdraw safely and comfortably. You can go through First Health rehab insurance, provided by MHN, to get started with an evaluation and treatment plan.
Does First Health Insurance Cover Inpatient Mental Health Treatment Facilities?
Understanding your First Health mental health coverage is vital to a successful recovery for most people. According to research, many people who have a substance use disorder also have a mental health disorder.6(pg2) Treating these conditions simultaneously is best for a successful recovery.5(#4) Common mental illnesses that co-occur with substance use disorder include: 6(pg2)
- Anxiety, including panic disorders
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Psychotic illness
- Borderline personality disorder
People who have co-occurring disorders may become addicted to any substance, including opioid painkillers, cocaine, heroin, alcohol, meth, and benzos. Research indicates that people who are in treatment for abusing prescription pain medications are likely to have symptoms of anxiety and depression.6(pg3)
If you think you might have co-occurring conditions, it’s best to seek treatment with a provider who manages both conditions. You can request a First Health mental health provider list and contact the facility for more information. You don’t need to worry about your First Health benefits covering you for both disorders. Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance carriers are required to provide coverage for mental health disorders and substance addiction treatment.7
How Long Does First Health Insurance Cover Rehab Programs?
Obtaining the proper length of First Health insurance rehab is critical to your well-being. You want to stay in treatment for an effective length of time to get adequate help for drug addiction and learn skills for relapse prevention. These factors contribute to your success at sobriety. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse,6 for treatment to be most effective, you should stay in the facility for at least 3 months.5 This allows you to withdraw safely and thoroughly and address the root causes of addiction.
Of course, no two people have the same individual needs. Some people could benefit from a longer stay to ensure they are prepared for the outside world before tackling it. Three months is the minimum duration for effective addiction treatment.5
How long does First Health cover drug rehab? Due to the variety of policy plans and tiers of coverage, it’s best to contact a representative for more definitive answers. You can also find out an immediate answer about coverage by verifying your insurance on this page. Knowing if your insurance covers the facility can provide peace of mind so you can focus on recovery.
What if My First Health Policy Does Not Cover Inpatient Rehab Centers?
Your policy may not cover all the costs of drug addiction rehab. Additionally, most plans will have some type of out-of-pocket costs associated with treatment. What should you do if your First health network coverage doesn’t handle the type of care you need? It’s vital to keep your rehab goals in place—don’t quit seeking substance abuse treatment. You may be able to obtain the help you need without a financial strain; some drug rehab facilities offer financing or scholarships, while others may provide a discount based on your income level (sliding scale fee).
If these options are not available, you might consider seeking other sources for assistance or loans. It’s crucial to get the treatment you need so you can move forward with a healthy, sober life.
First Health In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Rehab Centers
Knowing how the First Health network of providers serves its patients will help you make the right choice when searching for rehab facilities. An in-network rehab facility works contractually with First Health to provide discounted services for its patients. When you choose a First Health insurance rehab that is in-network, you won’t have as many out-of-pocket costs. You may be able to have all the rehab fees covered.
An out-of-network rehab facility is sometimes the only option for some people. In that case, you can still go to rehab, but you will have to pay more for the services. Facilities that are out-of-network with First Health do not have a contract with them, and therefore, won’t give the discounted price.
First Health has a vast number of in-network providers within driving distance for most people.8
You can check for “First Health network providers near me” by logging into your account at www.healthnet.comand searching the provider tool. You could also call for provider information.3
What Rehab Centers Take First Health Network Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How to Check First Health Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment?
With First Health, you can put your health first. You have access to over 5,500 hospitals and approximately 115,000 facilities with First Health insurance coverage.8 A total of 1.5 million locations throughout the United States makes it easy to find treatment for a drug addiction issue.8 Take the first step today and find out about your options to participate in one of the First Health rehab centers. You can use the information above to call or log into your online account for provider information.
To make things even easier, American Addiction Centers (AAC) will verify your insurance coverage right now. Fill out the brief form on this page and find out immediately whether the facility you have in mind is in-network or not. If you want to talk to one of AAC’s representatives, you can call the helpline at . Don’t delay seeking the treatment you need and deserve.
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is committed to delivering original, truthful, accurate, unbiased, and medically current information. We strive to create content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
While we are unable to respond to your feedback directly, we'll use this information to improve our online help.