Humana Health Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab Near Me
Navigating the world of health insurance can feel overwhelming, especially when you are considering making a life-changing decision like entering drug rehab. You probably are wondering—does insurance cover drug rehab? Yes, substance abuse rehab treatment is covered. If you have a Humana Health Plan, this article can guide you toward finding out what kind of healthcare benefits you have and the types of addiction treatment that are covered.
Does Humana Health cover drug rehab?
Yes. Many Humana plans offer addiction treatment coverage; your specific benefits depend on the plan in which you are enrolled. Humana Health mental health coverage is available. Therapy is a common component of drug rehab, and Humana Health therapy coverage is also available in many of its insurance plans. There is a behavioral health number on the back of your Humana card that you can call for resources and to verify your mental health and substance abuse services. You can also go online here to verify your coverage.
What is Humana Insurance?
Humana strives to promote the well-being and health of their members, their employees, and the communities they serve.1 Humana has millions of members across the United States and offers a vast network of trusted providers and many coverage options.2
American Addiction Centers (AAC) aims to provide you with the most current and updated information on addiction insurance coverage. Please remember that policy changes and errors do occur. To ensure the most accurate information, it is always recommended that you check with your insurance provider directly to confirm your coverage. AAC is not affiliated with and does not endorse Humana Insurance or any of its licensees.
What Types of Addiction Treatment Does Humana Insurance Cover?
Humana offers 3 types of plans for employees:3
- A high-deductible health plan
- A traditional plan (with co-pay and deductible)
- A co-pay-only plan for employees.
Factors to consider when choosing a plan include your marital status, whether you have children, and how often you see the doctor and require medical interventions. Medicare and Medicaid plans are also available.
Does Humana Health Insurance Cover Inpatient Treatment?
Humana Behavioral Health is an extension of Humana that will coordinate mental health and substance abuse services with Humana.4 To access your behavioral healthcare coverage or to add coverage to an existing plan, call the number on the back of your Humana card.
Humana Behavioral Health will work with Humana to identify participating behavioral health and substance abuse providers that are covered under your plan. Inpatient substance abuse treatment is covered with participating providers.
Does Humana Health Insurance Cover Outpatient Treatment?
Participating outpatient treatment programs are covered by Humana Behavioral Health and Humana Health Insurance. Humana Behavioral Health will communicate with treatment providers and monitor your progress throughout the treatment process.4 Working together, they will ensure that you are receiving the best treatment possible with participating providers.
Does Humana Health Cover Inpatient Mental Health?
Yes, Humana Insurance covers mental health care. Under the Affordable Care Act, substance use disorder is listed as one of the 10 elements of essential health benefits that insurers must provide. Like all American insurance providers, Humana must cover mental health care and treatment. While their insurance plans cover some degree of mental health treatment while you are in rehab, the amount of coverage will depend on your specific policy.
What Rehab Centers Take Humana Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Humana insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Humana for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Humana insurance.
How to Check Humana Coverage for Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment?
It is very easy to check your benefits. As previously mentioned, you can get specific information about your benefits by calling the number on the back of your insurance card. You can also go online and verify your coverage underneath.
Humana offers specific benefits for military members, veterans, and eligible family members. Humana Military partners with the U.S. Department of Defense to provide services through TriCare. With Humana Military, eligible recipients have access to specialized care such as disability services.5
This is a simple snapshot of the various services covered by Humana. In addition, the Humana prescription drug plan can help cover costs associated with prescription medications for medical issues, substance abuse treatment, and mental health. Also, remember that each plan varies, so it is important to know what services are covered under your plan to ensure that your Humana Health plan will cover the treatment you need to start on the road to recovery.