Does Providence Health Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
Providence health insurance provides quality care for its members in Oregon and Washington.1(top) Whether you are dealing with a drug or alcohol issue, your Providence Health plan offers comprehensive solutions to make a recovery possible 24/7.2(top)
You can begin the recovery process by contacting the number on the back of your insurance card and talking to a representative. Someone will give you information about your policy specifics.
Check Providence Health Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment
Providence Health will cover drug and alcohol rehab treatment for those with an individual, family, or Medicare plan.3(top) When struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction, it’s vital to seek treatment promptly. You may be wondering what your options are and if your insurance will cover your needs. You can get your answer right away by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC). An admissions navigator will verify your insurance over the phone. Also, you can fill out the form on this page to verify insurance instantly. Take the first step by calling our helpline at and talking to someone who will check your benefits.
What Is Providence Health?
Providence Health Plan insurance has been around for over 160 years. Their commitment to quality healthcare and customer service stems from a deep-rooted dedication to those in need. You can discuss your options for Providence rehab with an admissions navigator by contacting AAC.
Providence Health Plans
Providence Health Plans provides substance abuse rehab through their large behavioral health network.2(top) The two main plans offered through Providence Health are as follows:
- Individual/family plans: This plan provides care for emergencies, urgent care, primary care, virtual care, and more.4
- Medicare plans: Through the Medicare option, you can obtain Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.5
Both have access to behavioral health.
Providence Group Plans
If you are an employer, Providence Health also offers group plans.3(employer) Whether the business is large or small, you can get your employees coverage through Providence Health Plan. 3(employer) If you are an employee who has Providence through your employer, you can check the status of your policy’s addiction benefits by contacting the number on the back of your card or verifying with the rehab facility directly.
What Will Providence Health Insurance Cover?
Your Providence Health Plan insurance covers a range of medical, emergency, and mental health issues.3(choose from) When seeking substance abuse treatment, you can get an estimate of what your out-of-pocket costs might be by checking Providence Health Plan’s online treatment cost estimator. If you’re not sure what type of treatment you will need, it’s best to discuss your treatment plan with an admissions navigator. Most people need one or more of the following types of treatment programs when recovering from substance abuse:
- Detox treatment program/Inpatient: During an inpatient detox program, you will stay overnight in a residential setting and receive clinical care. You may be given medication to assist with the detox process, and doctors will assess your condition regularly to ensure your safety.6(third down)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP is not an overnight treatment program but does require most of your time. You will be carefully monitored by doctors. At night, you can go home.7
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): This treatment program is on an outpatient basis. However, it is quite intensive, involving attendance several times a week for several hours.8
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: Outpatient therapy is what you are probably most familiar with when you think of standard therapy. You attend one-hour sessions once or twice a week.8
Find out more about your policy plan specifics by contacting Providence Health.
Does Providence Health Insurance Cover Mental Health Care?
If you suspect you might have a co-occurring mental health disorder with substance abuse, you may want to discuss a comprehensive treatment plan with an admissions navigator. It’s common for people to have both mental health and substance abuse disorders.9(How common) According to experts, there are various reasons these conditions can co-occur. Sometimes a mental health condition can lead to substance abuse, and other times substance abuse triggers a mental health condition.9(why) Whatever the reason for the co-occurring disorder, you can count on coverage for both conditions through Providence Health insurance. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) states that marketplace insurance must provide essential benefits to the insured.10 These benefits include coverage for both mental health and substance abuse treatment.10
How Long Does Providence Health Insurance Cover Rehab?
Your specific policy may have a deductible payment that you must reach, and then Providence Health pays for services.11(deductible) The amount of your deductible usually coincides with the monthly premium.11(deductible) In addition, you’ll pay a copayment for office visits with certain policies.11(copay) If you’re wondering how long you will need to be in rehab so you can plan for the out-of-pocket costs, the amount can vary from person to person. However, clinicians recommend a minimum three-month stay in a detox rehab setting for best results.12
What If My Providence Health Policy Does Not Cover Rehab?
If you find that you are short on coverage for a rehab stay, check out financing or scholarship options through the rehab facility. Sometimes they offer financial aid or discount programs you may qualify for. It’s better to move forward with recovery and not let anything hold you back.
Providence Health In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Rehab Centers
Working with an in-network rehab center will ensure you keep costs, such as deductibles and copays lower. Providence Health makes it easy to quickly find in-network behavioral health rehab facilities.2(find) You can log in to your online account and select the provider directory.2(find) Once you find a provider in your area, you can contact them to make an appointment.2(find) Act today and begin the road to recovery.
- Providence Health Plan. (2021). Service area maps.
- Providence Health Plan. (2021). Providence behavioral health network.
- Providence Health Plan. (2021). Health plan.
- Providence Health Plan. (2021). Individuals and families.
- Providence Health Plan. (2021).
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Types of treatment programs.
- Definition of partial hospitalization. The national association of private psychiatric hospitals and the American association for partial hospitalization. (1990). The Psychiatric hospital, 21(2), 89–90.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses drugFacts.
- gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- Providence Health Plan. (2021). Health plan basics.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.