Does Rocky Mountain Health Plans Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
When dealing with an alcohol or drug addiction, you can access your Rocky Mountain Health Plans insurance for treatment. Rocky Mountain Health Plans are based in Colorado and serve people of all ages.1(top) Whether you need treatment in an inpatient rehab center or need outpatient therapy, you can check your coverage directly with Rocky Mountain Health Plans healthcare services. If you prefer to speak directly to an admissions navigator about your situation, you can verify your insurance with the rehab facility now.
Check Rocky Mountain Health Plans Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment
Rocky Mountain Health Plans offers three categories of insurance. These are:1(top)
- Individuals and families
- Medicaid plans
- Medicare plans
Dealing with an addiction issue and trying to navigate insurance may feel overwhelming. If you’d like to simplify the process, American Addiction Centers (AAC) is here to help guide you through each step. They will verify your insurance coverage for you with one easy phone call at , or you can fill out the form with your information below and find out immediately if your Rocky Mountain Health Plans benefits are in-network or not. Take the first step today to find out what your options are.
What Is Rocky Mountain Health Plans?
For over 40 years, Rocky Mountain Health Plans has offered comprehensive healthcare solutions to Colorado residents.2(top) In addition, they are in partnership with United Healthcare for a broader reach. 2(top) Rocky Mountain Health Plans is committed to serving individuals and business entities. Members of the Rocky Mountain Health Plans have access to more than 21,563 providers and medical facilities. 2(provider network)
In addition, for those with addiction issues, you have access to behavioral health services, which include mental health and substance abuse treatment.3(top) The behavioral healthcare services are dispersed through the Health First Colorado Community Mental Health Services Program.3(2nd para) You can check with your insurance agent for a Rocky Mountain Health Plans treatment center near you to begin the recovery process.
What Will Rocky Mountain Health Plans Insurance Cover?
When thinking about what your Rocky Mountain Health Plans rehab insurance will cover, it’s important to know what services you might need. There are different levels of treatment programs that vary in intensity. Your admissions navigator will recommend what type of rehab program will be best for you, whether it is a medical detox program or outpatient therapy treatment. You may be asked about the type of drug you were consuming, so the treatment is appropriate to your needs. Every substance comes with different withdrawal effects.4(how categorized)
Your Rocky Mountain Health Plans detox insurance may help with covering the following treatment programs:
Medical detoxification: Medical detox uses medication to assist with easing the withdrawal symptoms when a person gets off a substance. This program is often done in a hospital-like environment but can be done on an outpatient basis. 5(pre-treatment)
Inpatient: During inpatient treatment, you will have 24/7 oversight and stay in the facility overnight. Some people stay for lengthy periods of time. You can withdraw safely, with trained doctors near your side. 6(third down)
Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP will be a thorough treatment program with most of your time spent in the facility. You will stay at your own residence, though, providing you with time to practice the skills you’ve learned.7
Intensive outpatient program (IOP): When you attend an intensive outpatient program, you will have more time at home than a PHP but will still be involved in several hours of outpatient therapy a week.8
Outpatient treatment program and therapy: During outpatient treatment, you attend therapy once or twice a week.8
Does Rocky Mountain Health Plans Insurance Cover Mental Health Care?
If you’ve experienced potential mental health problems since using a substance, you may have a co-occurring disorder. 8(why) Alternatively, you may have felt that you were struggling with a mental health crisis before turning to a substance for relief. 9(why) It is common for people to have both mental health and substance use disorder simultaneously. 9(How common) Although it’s not clear which disorder precedes the other, experts recommend treating the conditions together in a comprehensive treatment program. 9(why)
If you are dealing with one or both conditions, you cannot be denied service through your insurance. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates that insurance providers cover essential healthcare needs of members.10 Your Rocky Mountain Health Plan insurance must cover the basic services for mental health and substance abuse.10
How Long Does Rocky Mountain Health Plans Insurance Cover Rehab?
The length of time you may need to stay in rehab treatment will depend on the extent of your addiction needs. Your admissions navigator may ask you the following questions to understand what program is needed:
- What substance were you doing?
- How long have you been engaged in taking a substance?
- Do you take more than one substance?
- How much of the substance do you take per day?
- Do you have mental health issues?
Once you go over your history and current needs with a clinician, you can verify how long your Rocky Mountain HMO insurance will cover you. You can find out more information now by verifying your benefits with AAC when you call .
Substance abuse experts recommended that you stay in rehab treatment for at least three months for best results. 11
What if My Rocky Mountain Health Plans Policy Does Not Cover Rehab?
If you find out that your Rocky Mountain health plan doesn’t cover the entire time you need for rehab, you shouldn’t delay seeking treatment. You may have other options to help you defray the costs. Some facilities offer financial aid or sliding scale fee discounts, so be sure to check with the rehab center.
Rocky Mountain Health Plans In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Rehab Centers
Rocky Mountain Health does not cover out-of-network behavioral services unless in cases of emergency.12(behavioral health) When you seek out-of-network services, you incur added costs for the treatment. Rocky Mountain Health follows the standard levels of care guidelines, which are reviewed regularly.12(what are the behavioral)
You can find the network of community providers by accessing your plan’s information or calling the number on the card.
Rocky Mountain Health (HMO) Plans
Individuals and families have access to the following Rocky Mountain Health plans:13(boxes)
- Western slope plans: This is an HMO plan with access to a network of several high-quality providers.14
- Front range plans: This plan includes access to more than 425 providers.15
- RMHP Medicare plans: This plan is the RMHP CareAdvantage plan.16
- RMHP DualCare Plans (D-SNP): This plan is for people who qualify for both Medicaid and Medicare.16
- Medicaid: This is the state-sponsored insurance for eligible participants.17
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2021). Home page.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2021). About Rocky Mountain Health Plans.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2021). Behavioral health help.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (n.d.). The science of drug use and addiction: The basics.
- gov. (2019). Treatment options.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Types of treatment programs.
- Definition of partial hospitalization. The national association of private psychiatric hospitals and the American association for partial hospitalization. (1990). The Psychiatric hospital, 21(2), 89–90.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses drugFacts.
- gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2021). Frequently asked questions.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2021). RMHP individual & family plans.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2021). Western Slope plans from RMHP.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2021). Front range plans for individuals and families.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2021). RMHP Medicare plans.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2021). State-sponsored health insurance in Colorado.