Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Programs for Women Near Me
Why Women Need Gender-Specific Addiction Treatment Program?
When it comes to addiction, men and women often differ in key ways. Although women may be slightly less statistically likely than men to abuse substances, women usually experience more unwanted consequences than men. For example, women are at a higher risk of psychological issues stemming from their substance abuse. Depression, eating disorders and phobias are just some of the negative psychological side effects that women may experience. In addition, female alcoholics are more likely to experience liver disease, and women have poorer health overall due to addictive behaviors. Women should, however, remember that it is always possible to recover health and happiness by breaking the cycle of addiction and seeking caring, professional help.
Although women may start abusing substances for a number of reasons, some women turn to addictive behaviors to cope with sexual trauma, physical illness or problems with family life. Top addiction treatment centers know how to offer targeted care for women who are seeking to end the cycle of addiction. These treatment centers can address each female patient holistically, helping women to heal from the traumas in their lives and find healthier ways to live. Call for discreet, professional information about options in women-only rehab centers.
How Does Mental Health and Substance Abuse Affect Women Differently?
Some individuals who are seeking addiction help may be victims of domestic violence. Addressing domestic violence issues is an important part of helping each woman recover fully and return to a safe, addiction-free environment. In some cases, women may have turned to substance abuse as a way to cope with domestic abuse. Addiction and violence can have the following effects on women:
- Feelings of shame and guilt that can prove isolating
- Fear of losing children or support systems after admitting the problem
- Low self-esteem and trouble making responsible, rational decisions
- Dysfunctional behavior
Living with domestic abuse can make it extremely difficult to overcome addiction without caring, informed outside help. Addiction treatment for women includes addressing these issues and teaching patients how to cope with domestic violence, including removing themselves from the situation.
The ultimate goal of rehab for women is to address the myriad of issues that lead to addiction and then allow addiction to continue. Rehab centers for exclusively female patients can spend more time focusing on these gender-specific issues. If you or someone you love could benefit from addiction treatment for women, you can call at any time to learn more about overcoming addiction in a nurturing, woman-friendly environment.
Why You Should Consider Women Only Rehab for Addiction Treatment?
If a woman has a history of sexual abuse, she may feel more comfortable, safe and relaxed in rehab for women. Some women may find the presence of male patients distracting or unwelcome, which could stand in the way of a healthy, full recovery. Attending addiction treatment for women can also help by specifically addressing the physiological and psychological problems that female addicts face. Women may enjoy being around female peers who have similar life experiences, backgrounds and outlooks.
“Since women are traditionally the primary caregivers for the children in their families, it can be more difficult for them to seek rehab.”Since women are traditionally the primary caregivers for the children in their families, it can be more difficult for them to seek rehab. Women may worry about the repercussions of being separated from their children, including losing custody. However, breaking free of addiction empowers women to be better parents and provide more positive futures for their children. Some addiction treatment programs offer childcare services and allow women to bring their children into residential treatment, offering the flexibility that women need.
If a woman is pregnant, it is essential for her to address her drug or alcohol abuse. This will ensure a healthier baby. Some centers for addiction can offer prenatal care, helping women overcome addiction at a time when it can benefit both them and their children. Rehab for women addresses the unique life situations that may complicate treatment.
What Types of Treatment Are Offered in Women’s Rehab Programs?
Women rehab programs mostly provide the same type of care as any other inpatient or outpatient drug and alcohol treatment center. The biggest difference is that treatment is done without the presence of other genders, which can give more comfort and provide a feeling of security.1
Here are some common types of women addiction treatment you can expect at a rehab facility:2
- Detox: Medically-assisted detoxification is an important first step in the treatment of substance abuse. During detox, the body gets rid of toxins that are the result of substance abuse. This can help alleviate the potentially dangerous effects that illicit substances have on the body.
- Inpatient hospital treatment: This type of treatment is for women who are still dealing with severe physical or mental consequences of substance abuse and need ongoing help in a safe, monitored setting.
- Long and short-term residential treatment: Residential treatment provides care 24/7, usually in a non-hospital setting. Short-term residential treatment usually lasts anywhere between a few days to 6 months. On the other hand, long-term treatment can take up to 12 months or more.
- Outpatient drug and alcohol treatment: This type of treatment is ideal for people who don’t have severe SUD, but still need some help staying sober.
- Drug counseling: Counseling can be individual or in a group setting. It helps address issues that have caused substance abuse and help strengthen patients’ recovery. Many require patients to participate in specific 12-step programs at least once or twice a week.
What Are the Benefits of a Women’s Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Program?
Gender-specific addiction treatment programs can offer various benefits to women. The benefits of a women’s specific addiction treatment program are:
- Strong sense of safety
- Understanding of emotional and psychological needs
- Focus on unique issues pertaining to women
- Women specific Individualized treatment plans
- Constant support and aftercare programs
How to Find Best Rehab Centers for Women Near Me?
If you’re wanting to find the best inpatient residential rehab center for females near you, it’s important to carefully consider the various types of treatment programs available to ensure your needs are met. The best and most effective treatment is that which is tailored to your individual needs, whether it’s short- or long-term, residential inpatient, outpatient or dual diagnosis programs.
When seeking rehabilitation services for substance abuse, it is important for each person to find a treatment center that works for her needs. For a variety of reasons, some people prefer rehab centers that only accept patients of one gender. Seeking rehab for women can result in a more comfortable experience for many female patients, leading to a more effective experience overall. If you are struggling with substance abuse and women-only rehab centers sound right for your needs, call today to learn more about the best options available. You can also call on behalf of a friend or loved one.